• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is ChadtheDJ Hypocrite or Something Else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gustyy

Platinum
Reaction score
I still think he is at least right to say "They prefer people over 18". As in a mere physical sense, at least 18 years of age and up, people's frontal lobes (judgement centres) are more highly developed. I would then feel better about letting them moderate servers. 14 and 15 year olds are more inclined to act rashly and hastily without consulting others. It's proven psychology. :/
When your app has enough detail, they accept younger so they deserve it.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I feel inclined to note that many of the mods listed are great and I would trust them completely. You also can't base JustAHotDog's maturity on his name. WTF is you're name supposedly be? You shouldn't judge people on their name.

Also, at 12, I did better than over 50% of high school students (16-17 year olds) on the SAT test. Age isn't all that matters.

Gustyy

Platinum
Reaction score
I feel inclined to note that many of the mods listed are great and I would trust them completely. You also can't base JustAHotDog's maturity on his name. WTF is you're name supposedly be? You shouldn't judge people on their name.

Also, at 12, I did better than over 50% of high school students (16-17 year olds) on the SAT test. Age isn't all that matters.
You are right, you can't base maturity on players name, it's "Immature"!!

MattZeeX

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
First off, you forgot me, I'm 15.

Secondly there was a 14 year old who just recently finished University and is going on to do big and great things so never doubt somebody by there age.

Anyway, as I leave I would like to say that somewhere on the forums it says that you may still apply if you're under the age limit but you must personally email Chat and HE will decide if you're worthy of being accepted as Moderator, it's Chad's server, not your's, Chad can pick who he wants. At the end of the day, even if the whole community is against these mods, Chad could keep them anyway because Chad has ultimate power and the final say over everything.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Let it be known: I don't give a flying fudge about applying to be staff. I could honestly care less about being a part of your haphazardly thrown together group of teens. I was merely pointing out that, from a black-and-white sense (metaphorically speaking), your staff was a little young and I was tired of it so I ranted.

_Reevesdrums_

Platinum
Reaction score
That's less than 35% of the staff

So many of the players are 15 and under, so you can expect a lot of the applicant will also be 15 and under

Chad accepts mods based on their maturity and ability to police the severs, which is more important than the number of years lived

Reaction score
So what? I think most of the mods around my age (15/16) do a fantastic job of moderating the servers. They keep it safe and make it a fun community to be in. And, as for the younger mods (13/14), they either applied when they were 14 or got special permission from a higher ranking staff member. Demoting them because of their age is pointless, a 13 year old could have the same amount of maturity as a 18 year old. And vice versa.

Saying that JustAHotDog is immature because of IGN is pointless, for all we know he could of created his account 4 years ago when he was 9 or 10 (depending on when is birthday waS).

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
The number of years lived also indicates, however, how much life experience and brain development the person has. I don't care how good a person is at age 13. I'm sure I was nice at age 13. But compared to what it is now that my brain has nearly finished developing, my judgement back then was absolute crap.

EDIT: Speaking of crappy judgemental decisions, I should know better than to lecture to 15 year olds on the effectiveness of 15 year olds. Really, unless Chad, subv3rs1on, or one of the sensibly aged and seasoned devs see this, I'm inclined to disregard every other reply in this thread. I prefer to listen to people who actually have at least some minor experience in public relations, which I would assume the server owner has as he is at least a very credible coder, I shall award him that point. ^_-

BetaPuffle

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The number of years lived also indicates, however, how much life experience and brain development the person has. I don't care how good a person is at age 13. I'm sure I was nice at age 13. But compared to what it is now that my brain has nearly finished developing, my judgement back then was absolute crap.
Your judgement maybe not there's you can't rant based on yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci