• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is ChadtheDJ Hypocrite or Something Else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
And another thing, this community isn't going to be filled with 17+ year olds. The majority of this community is 16 and younger. So, obviously there is going to be more mods 16 and younger than 17+.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Subv3rs1on looks like my old Sociology professor. Apologies for the randomness, but that's actually kind of awesome because they look exactly the same. lol

wooders1996

Career
Reaction score
I'm going to jump in here by saying that there are well over 100 moderators in the MCGamer community. Ranging from 13 years old to 23 year olds. The Staff of this community are hand picked by people like myself to moderate and look after this awesome community. The Age minimum was imputed to remove the large list of immature people who would only abuse their powers as a moderator, and make our job, the senior staff, easier, as we go through roughly 100 applications a week. However certain individuals, like the ones stated above, have proven themselves to be resourceful individuals who have shown that they have the level of maturity required for the role, hence why they have the moderator position.

As for the physical recruitment of such individuals, that is done by our senior staff, not Chad. This staff has a large spread of ages, and covers 4 continents. We carefully consider each individual person, through their application and an intensive interview process that must involve and admin to be present, so as to fully assure ourselves that they are right for the job. If they are under the age of 15 then they must send their application to a Community Manager of Chad himself, who will personally go through the application and give them the go ahead to enter the usual method of the application process.

The age limit of our staffing was only recently increased from 14 to 15, hence why there is a few 'underage' moderators. However each of those individuals has achieved above and beyond for this community, and worked very hard to keep their position as moderator, and help this vast community flourish and grow.

The final point I am going to say here is this. If you have a problem with a certain member of staff, either on the forums, on the servers or on the teamspeak, please don't hesitate to contact a member of the senior staff or the administrative staff, either through email or personal message on the forums. We all check our emails every day to try and give our players the best possible support that they can receive.

Thank you for your time.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
There are a lot of good discussions that really get things cooking on these forums,

This is not one of them. I don't care about your two degrees in whining or your PHD in complaining: if a 14 year old makes it into the moderating position than they deserve it. Those applications processes are hard to get through. If they are truly as immature as you say, then they get demoted. I don't like how you assume every 14 or 15 year old is a mindless kid who just wants mod.

Also, have some respect for Chad, who do you think established this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci