• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is ChadtheDJ Hypocrite or Something Else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

branone

Career
Reaction score
Alright, so it seems you aren't exactly aware of how our system works so allow me to explain.

The MCSG staff is made up of 4 main groups, firstly we have the Moderators; these players (regardless of age) have gained a certain level of trust with administrators and sr.staff based off their application and interview, just considering the amount of servers this community has and the amount of Moderators required in order to keep everything clean/safe it's certainly fair to say that to ensure the servers have enough staff we would need to have a lower age requirement (going back to the original age which WAS as a matter of fact 18). As for your worry on maturity.. If any line of incompetence or lack of professionalism is shown by ANY Moderator they will certainly be dealt with/spoken to by higher ranked staff which I will get to now.

Senior Moderators are specific people who have proven themself to be mature, responsible and co-operative. Not that it is really relevant to my counter-argument but the majority of Sr. Mods are of mature age.

Administrators are indeed extremely capable of performing their job, it might be easy to say but if you think about it.. If the Admins really were just a few "kiddoes" that were hypocritically hired by Chad this server wouldn't have achieved as much as it has and ultimately become what it is today.

The Community Managers only consist of 2 people but regardless of number they certainly make up for little size in an outstanding intellectual capability to manage this entire community which has recently been full of so much drama lately, if you have the time I recommed you take a look at some of their history and look at some of work they have done.

At the end of the day we are a very lucky community to have the staff we have at the moment and I urge you to reconsider your opinion on the maturity of the staff and Chad himself :)

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Really, unless Chad, subv3rs1on, or one of the sensibly aged and seasoned devs see this, I'm inclined to disregard every other reply in this thread.
I'm just going to reply to this thread, even if it is closed, because I take this post (and specifically the bolded portion) quite offensively, and I'm sure many others do as well.

First of all, the reason we have so many 14-year-old and 15-year-old moderators is because they have proven themselves adequately through the moderator application and interview processes. They do their job and do it well. Just to insert the obligatory real life example, take Apple's line of iPhones. Does Apple stop selling the previous iPhone model when a new iPhone model is released? No, they keep selling it because it still sells well. We aren't going to get rid of all of our moderators below the new age limit once we raise the age limit, because they still do their job and do it well.

Now, onto the point I'm actually ranting about, since it's pretty obvious that you're directly referring to me in your post. Why do you suddenly assume that just because I'm the youngest developer (15 years old, at that), I'm the most immature, unknowledgeable, and unprofessional (or in your words, non-sensibly aged/non-seasoned) developer? My job is essentially the lead plugin developer, working on projects such as Xime (our gametype core plugin), the MCSG plugin, the ZedChase plugin, and the new MCTF2 plugin. I've quite literally devoted the past few months of my life to making MCSG better. Without my work (and the work of the other developers, of course; I'm not by any means implying that they do nothing, they actually do a lot of work, but this is a rant about your opinion on younger developers, aka me), MCSG likely would not be as good as it is. Take any recent MCSG feature - achievements, polls, the hub, the upcoming chest update, the list goes on and on - the plugin side of those features is probably thanks to me. I'm willing to bet that if I lied about my age on my profile and said I was 18, and if it wasn't public knowledge that I'm 15, you would think much differently of me.

Simply put, unless you're absolutely certain of what you're talking about (which, unless you are Chad you don't, which last time I checked you weren't Chad), stop being so ageist, arrogant, and disrespectful to people who aren't 18+. Although this rant post may sound egotistical on my part, I do take action when a disrespectful thread like this catches my eye.

server owner has as he is at least a very credible coder, I shall award him that point. ^_-
Chad can't code Java. If you ask him, he'll say the same thing.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And adding a bit of detail, I do not pick the age exceptions and is passed down to the Community Managers and Sr. Moderators to make the judgement. Some have gotten in where we realize they didn't really act the part and were removed, others surpassed our expectations. Really all of this is on a case by case basis and if you have a complaint about someone, they should contact me directly.

Chad can't code Java. If you ask him, he'll say the same thing.
Yup, no Java for me! This is why we have developers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci