• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is mcsg... dying? (Read BEFORE commenting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandoe

Platinum
Reaction score
By "MCSG" I'm assuming you mean the MCGamer Network as a whole and not the Survival Games itself? If so I can unfortunately agree with you. But who knows MCGamer could do something to bring interest to the server. Maybe bringing more pvp gamemodes such as 1v1's or Skywars.

Reaction score
Firstly, the teamspeak doesn't have a lot of players lately because SCHOOL IS STARTING and of course, timezones. You may think you're in a perfect timezone, but you're not, a lot of people live in completely other timezones that are even 1 day behind of yours.

Just because the MCSG server is shrinking in players doesn't mean it's falling. It's just losing some players.

Also the forums are becoming less popular and active because people find no interest on them, as there is the same kind of thing every time:
-MCSG is dying threads
-MCSG needs a better anti hack client system threads
-MCSG mods are corrupted threads
-MCSG is falling down threads

Can a mod please lock this? There has been a lot of threads like these, the same way, pointless. I'm starting to feel like people do this just to get attention right now. For the love of god, please, stop making these.

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
This is a final warning for flame. Continuation of flame on this thread will lead to it being locked ( inclined to lock it now but seeing as the discussion is different than the past threads it will be kept open).

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
The server is defo dying... no doubt about that. Main reason, the only thing mcgamer has is survival / pvp type stuff. Server really needs to mix it up.

J

District 13
Reaction score
Is MCSG/MCGamer dying? I've had mixed opinions about this, sometimes, it seems like it is dying, other times it seems as if it's just going through a phase. Multiple amount of evidence could be going into this and most of it may seem as if MCSG is dying. The amount of players have definitely been lower, the gamemodes are too repetitive and there's nothing new. However, if you look at it from a different point of view, MCSG is losing more players right now than gaining but most of our players here are about 13-16 year olds. They need to stop playing a "block game" and focus more on school, therefore, we just haven't had that surge of new players coming in. It's very early to say right now to be honest, however, I think it is safe to say that unless the Administrative Team doesn't do anything to spark a new interest towards this server, MCSG will be nearing its end in the future.

Andrew

Experienced
Reaction score
MCSG, has been, and still is one of my favorite online, minecraft community. But is it slowly dying?

Its sad to say but in reality the MCGamer community is slowly dying, but I think there is one thing that would help bring players back. Ever since the creation of the MCGamer and the MCSG Servers, its image has primarily been the official way of ranking players or determining who in the community are good players. A significant amount of players see MCSG as the place to go to prove yourself and compete for stats and wins and this is one thing that is hurting the growth and survival of our beloved community.

So, is the renowned Survival Games Community getting pushed off the edge of the map? As of now I think we can agree with one word, yes. The environment of MCGamer has recently been increasingly competitive and this is what is drawing people away. A lot of players have moved to servers such as Badlion and Hypixel but a significant number of them are still playing SG! Why? I think its because the image of MCSG is too aggressive, every game you play, every win you get defines you on MCGamer whereas on other servers, players can enjoy SG without worrying too much about stats. People are leaving here and there for games like CSGO and League of Legends, but thats besides the point, for the remaining Minecraft players, many still love PvP and SG... so is there a solution?

I think the best way to regain our lost family members is to promote and provide Unranked Survival Games. Players will be more wiling to play SG on the MCSG servers without fearing ruining their stats or having people "tryhard" because there is no ranking, just room for improvement and experience in the game.

So, can we do this? Who thinks this is a good idea? Lets bring back the community that Ive grown to love so so much. <3

knifeinthebutter

Survivor
Reaction score
Considering all things, I believe the popularity of MCSG has indeed decreased in the recent past and will continue to decrease in the future. I have a theory that the popularity of MCSG can be charted as a bell-curve such as this:

This form of a chart can be related to many things in life today, with MCSG being no exception. What this graph does is it describes how at first, MCSG was a new server, slowly gaining support. Support started increasing, probably due to large YouTubers using the servers to record their videos, thus attracting their fans to play on MCSG. The graph's apex represents a point in which MCSG was the most successful, boasting large numbers of players. However, YouTubers began leaving, new servers displayed more attractive features, and player experience gradually declined. I think that with these factors combined, MCSG now finds itself in a very slow decline in traffic to its servers.

To summarize, I believe MCSG has had its time in the spotlight. This "bell-curve" process of gradual growth, reaching an apex, and gradual decline is a natural occurrence.

However, I believe MCSG can do many things to buff up the fluctuation of players to their servers. In my mind, MCSG is somewhat stubborn in many areas. For example, I think the matchmaking process could be greatly improved as servers such as Badlion have done so, making it easy to quickly join a game and play without much issue. MCSG has so many unused servers that don't need to be around as they don't offer much of anything to the players. Instead of maintaining their pride and sticking with what has worked with the past, I believe MCSG needs to realize that times are changing and that a transition into a more user-friendly system is necessary. Creating new and enriching experiences for its players will lead MCSG into a whole new world of opportunities.

I read another post a few minutes ago discussing the idea of an Unranked Survial Games game mode that would, in theory, relieve the stress and tension commonly associated with playing on MCSG and replacing it with a fun, lighthearted experience for players. I support the idea of an Unranked system 100% because, as I am sure many people can agree, MCSG has become competitive to a point of no return, making each game we play feel like its outcome will affect ourselves as players. By utilizing an Unranked system, I feel as if MCSG could expand its boundaries and reach out to those players who are not as intense about the game and often play for fun. Recording on these servers would also be much simpler, attracting more YouTubers to the servers.

With all things said, I also believe the staff of MCSG has to be much more active. No, this is not regarding moderators as there have been an increase in moderators recently it seems. However, MCSG seems to be "frozen in time", rarely adding new and interesting features for its players to experience. The MCSG twitter account rarely tweets anymore as well, making connection via social media seemingly pointless. Might this lack of initiative to reach out and connect with players be due to a decrease in popularity? Possibly. If this were the case, I believe it would be very hard to revive the servers to the same state of respect within the SG community as it once was in.

All of these points are my opinion of course, but I feel like there are many things that people can agree on when reading this. The key point of what I am trying to say is that positive change on MCSG will only come if people, players, staff, and "forumers" alike take the initiative to make a change. MCSG is nothing without its community, and it is going down a negative path without it. The servers need to open their doors to new opportunities, connect better with its players, and create experiences that appeal to players.

Thanks for the read,
Ryan (IAmInfamous/infamouscookie)
---
P.S. Feel free to reply to this post and tell me what you think, I would love to see what others agree or disagree on! :)

Reaction score
MCSG has never had 9k - 10k people online at once, ever. I never even remember it going above 4k, so I don't know why people always bring up these crazy statistics.
Someone had to say it lol. Me being an old player right when the first hub came out can confirm that MAYBE during max play times in the middle of summer there were a max of 4k-4.5k. And now that school has started, everyone thinks it's dying again lol.

Obviously this isn't the brightest moment in MCSG (sorry I just don't like calling it MCGamer) history, but for the past year everyone keeps saying it will die, I think it won't die for awhile, but clearly this isn't the greatest its ever been.

So guys, please.

AppleCiider

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
When you think about it MCSG isn't dieing. The community is growning older and there are not enough new players to counteract this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci