• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer as a whole needs less drama

Stephanie

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think the drama comes when the community has become more young in a sense that not a lot of older people play here anymore. The age that is on average is 12-17. So with a lot of people being in middle/high school, there will be drama. It's just the nature of that age group.

I know when I started playing here almost two years ago there were a lot more older players, like myself. Mind you most have left for personal reason, or for other games.

It's just natural for people to overreact to everything, especially when you are young. People still need to mature, even if you are a teenager still and think you are mature, you do grow more mature as you age, trust me.

SonicSplit

Career
Reaction score
Considering how little I play on these days and the fact that I am not in a clan, I definitely am in category #1

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I think the drama comes when the community has become more young in a sense that not a lot of older people play here anymore. The age that is on average is 12-17. So with a lot of people being in middle/high school, there will be drama. It's just the nature of that age group.

I know when I started playing here almost two years ago there were a lot more older players, like myself. Mind you most have left for personal reason, or for other games.

It's just natural for people to overreact to everything, especially when you are young. People still need to mature, even if you are a teenager still and think you are mature, you do grow more mature as you age, trust me.
I personally don't think the average age has changed all that much. Well, at least the average age of an active member of the community hasn't. Many of the older players (age-wise) have seemed to have left and are replaced by younger players (or people of the same age). The main reason I don't say our age mean has gone upward is because as our network expands, we pull from a much bigger part of the Minecraft community, many of these players being much younger.

Back in V1/early v2, I'd say the average age of a player was about Freshman year in high school/Grade 9/age 14-15. Nowadays, the average age of an active community member is about the same, however the overall mean has most likely dropped down to about 12-13.

So yeah, I think I just proved your point more... while trying to do the opposite, nice job me!

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
MCGamer as a whole definitely has drama than it used to, but I don't believe this was caused by a boost in younger players. Everybody has the potential to become a good civilian, but that is dependent on their input.

The video "Why I Got Rid of Most of My Friends" shows this pretty well. It says that if your input is bad, than your output will be bad.

So MCGamer eventually had a large drop in input, therefore most of the players got a bad output. Now, new players come on and see nothing but the bad. They see the people spamming "vote 3." They die over and over from teams and hackers. And soon enough, they have a bad output as well. What needs to happen?

The first thing that people need in a community is an education. I feel like MCGamer has no system for doing that, and players only see the rumors being cycled around. By then, you can't tell what is true and what isn't. This means:

-showing how the staff work and showing everything they do daily
-telling players how much effort goes into developing even the simplest plugin
-making sure players know what is socially acceptable

If we could give this lesson to every player on the server, then I believe it would be the first step in the right direction.

Maxwill

Gold
Reaction score
MCGamer as a whole definitely has drama than it used to, but I don't believe this was caused by a boost in younger players. Everybody has the potential to become a good civilian, but that is dependent on their input.

The video "Why I Got Rid of Most of My Friends" shows this pretty well. It says that if your input is bad, than your output will be bad.

So MCGamer eventually had a large drop in input, therefore most of the players got a bad output. Now, new players come on and see nothing but the bad. They see the people spamming "vote 3." They die over and over from teams and hackers. And soon enough, they have a bad output as well. What needs to happen?

The first thing that people need in a community is an education. I feel like MCGamer has no system for doing that, and players only see the rumors being cycled around. By then, you can't tell what is true and what isn't. This means:

-showing how the staff work and showing everything they do daily
-telling players how much effort goes into developing even the simplest plugin
-making sure players know what is socially acceptable

If we could give this lesson to every player on the server, then I believe it would be the first step in the right direction.
you my friend deserve a medal

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
Am I the only person who really doesn't want people who fall into #2 to be in #1? (Specifically moderating)

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Am I the only person who really doesn't want people who fall into #2 to be in #1? (Specifically moderating)
hah my boy cubes knows
some people you may assume fall under #1 actually have more traits of #2
like people right now

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
hello? whoever moved it to community corner move it back to off-topic???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci