• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer Rules Need to Change

Philly67

Platinum
Reaction score
I remember trying to get this rule changed over two years ago, but sadly to no avail.

Hopefully you have better luck!

The problem with that is, most people don't know about it or don't know how to do it..
Even the Yogscast posted a video on how to change your gamma settings in your .minecraft
So, it's widely known.

Reactions: J

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
Well said. In all honestly gamma does fall in with optifine, it's just downloading a mod or even easily altering your minecraft file. Anyone can do this, because it's available for all types of computers despite the OS. I believe that it should be reconsidered since it doesn't put that big of an advantage where players are solely winning due to that.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
Has bcfcant been unbanned?

Yeah I've been telling staff this for months, and I guess it really only takes a youtuber being banned to get them to think about it. Nonetheless I'm glad staff is listening.
No

Although bcfcant did break the rules, he deserves a ban. On this event however, the staff or administration need to re-evaluate the worthiness of gamma being against the rules.
No I didn't lol I used a texture pack

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
same response to the last thread I posted on this topic, gamma should of never been a rule.

MrSlimShady

Survivor
Reaction score
OH LOOK ITS ANOTHER MOD SAYING TO CHANGE THE RULES, WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY THE IDEA WHEN YOU WERE A MOD?

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
OH LOOK ITS ANOTHER MOD SAYING TO CHANGE THE RULES, WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY THE IDEA WHEN YOU WERE A MOD?
Because the moderators are forced to publicly agree with what the administration decides when they are staff members. It's basically a contractual obligation. Once they are no longer staff, they can say whatever the heck they want. See: Shelby, @Me

MrSlimShady

Survivor
Reaction score
Because the moderators are forced to publicly agree with what the administration decides when they are staff members. It's basically a contractual obligation. Once they are no longer staff, they can say whatever the heck they want. See: Shelby, @Me
Oh okay so its like a contract if you break it you get demoted.

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Oh okay so its like a contract if you break it you get demoted.
Not really. Sure, they'll get in trouble, but they probably won't get demoted. It all depends on how drastic the stand they take against what the administration has publicly decided.

SolarEclipse

Diamond
Reaction score
  • This includes modifying files in your .minecraft to give a advantage such as increasing the gamma to give effect of full bright.
This is the rule for gamma/fullbright. Modifying files in your .minecraft to give an advantage. I read from bcfcAnt 's thread that he was permanently banned for using a resource pack with a brighter lightmap. Now yes, this may seem like it was gamma and I can see why moderators would ban for this, but why is gamma not allowed. There are many arguments coming from the community's point of view as well as a moderator's point of view. It's safe to say that the majority of the community believes that gamma should be allowed while most of the moderators would say no.

Coming from a community member's point of view, it's absolutely absurd that gamma is not allowed. Yes, it may help players find others in dark places of a map or it can benefit you in UHC, but what about f3+a and f3+b or whatever was the command for players to enable the hitboxes on entities such as arrows, items, and other players. Those are all easily available for any player to see others as well.

Computers/Laptops/Macs come into effect as well. I read from another member of the community how he had an old laptop before making him unable to see in dark places due to his monitor screen. When he upgraded, it became a lot better for him but what about the other players playing on this server with the same or even worse monitors they own. It's not their fault if they are unable to pay for a better one and with gamma, it would definitely be helpful towards their gameplay.

We have UHC. UHC stands for Ultra HardCore in case anyone did not know. It's a gamemode where you mine for ores and armor and kill everyone else until you are the last man standing. This gamemode is on this server yet we do not allow a certain mod called UHC Essentials. The main reasons why it is a banned mod is because that it has gamma/fullbright as well as the ability to show arrows or an extra inventory slot as some would say. I can see where the staff is coming from with the extra inventory slot but I would like to point out that MCGamer allows a mod called ArmorStatus. It shows the statuses or your armor without going into your inventory as well as the durability of the items you are holding. Once you hold the bow, you are also able to see how many arrows you have in your inventory so with that in mind, why do we allow this mod but not UHC Essentials even though there is literally a gamemode called UHC on this server.

Players coming in from different servers. We share a player database with most PvP servers such as Kohi, Badlion, etc. Those servers allow gamma and players will use gamma on theirs. When switching from server to another, we will usually have the same mods on when joining. It's a pain to constantly switch from profile to another and let's say a new player joins this server, they had gamma on and didn't know it was against the rules. Not every new player will immediately go on the forums and read the rules. They will first play a game on our servers only following the usual rules that most minecraft servers follow (No spamming, flooding, hacking, racism, etc.)

The last argument is simply that it gives an unfair advantage to players using it. What unfair advantage does it give? If we're going into unfairness, I could also argue that zooming in with OptiFine is unfair as it allows me to see chests clearer in the distance or other players far away. It also allows me to see items on the ground that I could not see if I did not zoom in. If we're talking about unfairness, then the players playing with a monitor that's more brighter than others is unfair as they are able to see more clearer.

This rule needs to change. I could say that almost all of the community members would want gamma to be allowed on this server and even some moderators wanting it to be changed. I propose that we take a poll for this and let a democracy vote decide this. If the majority of the community votes yes, then why would it be a big problem for it to be allowed if most of us agree with it.

If anyone has any arguments towards this, I will gladly take it into consideration and will possibly see why it is not allowed, but do not make any arguments simply stating that "it's just unfair."
Every other server allowed gamma in uhcs but mcsgs uhc don't allow it because they have to be " unique "

LuckSoh

Spectator
Reaction score
I highly agree with this thread there are a lot of mods that mcgamer allows that are a lot more useful then changing gamma so why don't you just allow I think its outrageous that people are getting banned for this ridiculous rule.
+Support

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I highly agree with this thread there are a lot of mods that mcgamer allows that are a lot more useful then changing gamma so why don't you just allow I think its outrageous that people are getting banned for this ridiculous rule.
+Support
What mods are you talking about?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci