• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer Updates for Friday, January 9, 2015

OrangeThelord

Tribute
Reaction score
lol block hitting was never supposed to be a thing in the first place. It was a bug/glitch to start with in minecraft, so I'm fine without it.
It doesn't matter if it was a bug or a glitch. Some very famous game mechanics derived from bugs and glitches. Many pvpers used it and it will definitely cause a shift in power on mcsg.

Pearlyyy

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I absolutely hate 1.8. The rod is messed up. The bow is messed up. The sword texture is sometimes messed up. Hitting people is messed up. Fps is messed up (Yes I turned the VBO thingy on). TAB is annoying now. Block hitting is messed up. The list goes on. I've even seen someone say, "It's more fair, everyone has these disadvantages now." What the hell? If you are playing in 1.8, it's your own damn fault. C'mon Mcsg, don't make an even bigger mistake than the last update.[/QUOTE ]

Correct me if I'm wrong, because you are a longer player than me, I thought block hitting was in a way kind of ''useless'' due to strafing tactics? I mean it helps once in a while but strafing is more effective.

Phancho

Spectator
Reaction score
i am a player as any of you that do not have a good computer, so I mean through this message to return the server to 1.7 or have for versions 1.7 and 1.8. I also want to add that MCSG is one of the best servers and played please help this comment arrives creators MCSG -PhanchoGamer

Traductor: google xD

hola soy un jugador como cualquiera de ustedes y que no tiene una computadora de buena, por eso quiero decir a traves de este mensaje que devuelvan el server a 1.7 o que tengan para las versiones 1.7 y 1.8 . Ademas quiero aportar que mcsg es uno de los mejores servidores que e jugado porfavor ayuden a que este comentario llege a los creadores de mcsg -PhanchoGamer

PolarProject

Platinum
Reaction score
Awwwhh, Where do I begin? I think all previous comments have summarized the most important limitations containing 1.8, however I would like to thoroughly brief you all why this would majorly impact the server negatively.

Let's begin with the fact that the update from 1.7-1.8 in general minecraft did in fact change or adjust focal mechanics surrounding pvp, but for some particular people with decent computers it is quite the FPS boost. Unfortunately for others it has ultimately decreased their performance leading to terrible lag thus them players won't be able to play anymore full stop. Therefore their overall pvp experience on THIS SERVER has come to an end.

How does this affect the server negatively? Well there is no doubt that the 'Survival Games' or in general the PvP Game Modes MCGamer has to offer is their prominent source to server population growth, and as a personal opinion and in behalf of majority I really can't see this update being a positive improvement. It is committing and admirable of some of you to suggest "adapting", but that still doesn't improve the server's PvP benefits. I understand after this transformation from sole hunger games to an official server providing a VARIETY of different mini-games was 'a look in to the future' but I think a lot of you need to flashback and realize was popularized this server in the first place. I am most definitely not proclaiming the END OF MCSG! I just feel this update will decrease the server's popularity quite significantly due to the new and terrible mechanics of 1.8. Because many people hated the transition from MCGamer v1 to v2 however it didn't necessarily change any PvP 'setttings'.

Again I am
not the one to decide this, however I have only trying to persuade you all this transition MAY be a detrimental mistake!

Last edited:

Azulfun

Spectator
Reaction score
Also, if you update then you will loose a lot of regular players.

Winnieee_

Platinum
Reaction score
R.I.P bad fps players and Pvp.

Hope MCGamer has made the right decision. LMAO some players might quit the MCGamer network because of this 1.8 thingo also considering most of us don't have the best of computers or laptops, some might even quit because pvping while in 1.8 is atrocious in my opinion, lets just hope that they do whatever they need to do for 1.8
Good luck Develpors xD

Vast > MCGamer Network

Lman20

Spectator
Reaction score
Ya I know I actually like 1.8 thing like armor stand.and new blocks!that means more and better map right

Enlighten

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Glad to see improvements are still being made to improve upon the stable network.

I was wondering, when a player dies are they meant to enter an invisible state or is this a temporary fix? I ask this because as a staff member, I am no longer able to see all spectators in game master. There is also a glitch when a staff member joins a game in game master, often times they are visible to those playing the game. If a bug report hasn't already been made I'll do it, just wondering if this was on purpose or if it was just a temporary fix.

Great work and hats off to all of the developers who have invested their time and hardwork for the servers!

LegotGinger

Experienced
Reaction score
sht u do know that like half of mcsg will either move to hive or cs:go right? That's how bad 1.8 pvp is. I didn't think it was possible for mcsg to get worse after v2 came out :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci