• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer - What's happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrMad2000

100-300 bans/day is far from excessive. You would be shocked to see all the people that break the rules here.

This isn't true. It's like saying that an Olympic sports player that dosn't know the Presedent well enough will be exicuted.

As stated in this thread, PM me the names of the people who did so along with evidence.

The thing with Mathais' situation (and any big-name people who were banned for similar reasons) is that alot of what he said was spreading false rumors, so that the public will view them as fact. I can understand the confusion between truth's and rumors in this community from the point of a player, as I have been in the same situation before.
I was fed extremely false information about the Hive vs. MCSG event from Team Vareide themselves, they turned my view on Chad into an Anarchist who only did things for his personal gain. This view was the same leading 4 months into my work as staff here, until I learned the truth, and saw the proof that showed what really happened.
As billyguy1 said, but the thing is. The staff seem quite narcissistic and hostile and react in very hostile ways. I don't mean to sound like I'm sucking up but I believe you're one of the good staff members who are a massive necessity to the team. However, shouldn't everyone have some sort of vital rule instead of putting off what they are meant to do.

I'm going to bed. I'm tired. c: Nighty!

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
Shouldn't there be an explanation about mathias's situation, to quell the false rumors?
Its mostly things about what goes on within the Sr. Staff and Administration, which are 2 things in which information cannot be disclosed. If I could give you anything, I would.

Philly, Zietra, Mathias, Justlthelworst, hydrarealms, Binct, nbroski, tom00117, the list goes on and on...
As stated, I cannot disclose the information about this, due to restrictions. And I'm going to be completely honest; I don't want to ruin anyone's view on friends, people they look up to, Ect.

As billyguy1 said, but the thing is. The staff seem quite narcissistic and hostile and react in very hostile ways. I don't mean to sound like I'm sucking up but I believe you're one of the good staff members who are a massive necessity to the team. However, shouldn't everyone have some sort of vital rule instead of putting off what they are meant to do.

I'm going to bed. I'm tired. c: Nighty!
If staff members are acting hostile, report it to Sr. Staff, and also: there is a difference between hostility, and someone (and forgive my french) ******* up real bad.

Tacoface1234

District 13
Reaction score
I'm not sure how many of you have tried applying for a staff position, but those of you who have will probably recognize this.
I, {Name Here}, accept the responsibilities by donating my own time by watching over the MCG Community and agree that any mistake or action not approved by the administration could result in permanent ban or removal from the website.
This is an oath one must agree to before entering the staff team. As buttertoast stated, most details of mathias' ban should not be shared (both for our own privacy and his) but you should all remember that he agreed to that oath before being hired, and the staff team had ample reason to take the action we did.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I'm not sure how many of you have tried applying for a staff position, but those of you who have will probably recognize this.

This is an oath one must agree to before entering the staff team. As buttertoast stated, most details of mathias' ban should not be shared (both for our own privacy and his) but you should all remember that he agreed to that oath before being hired, and the staff team had ample reason to take the action we did.
Good point, I think people have been overlooking that quite a few times, including myself.

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
We're also taking into account how staff have also made things worse, and the community could be controlled if they tried.
I have multiple views on staff at MCSG, and always have. Sometimes I disagree with them, most times I agree with them and counter the community, I'm essentially neutral since I don't pick sides.

The staff do as much as they can to make the servers clean, but they could obviously do better, anybody can, but there will be no point where the staff could possibly clear out all in-game screw-ups. There will be errors, and like I said, that's not necessarily their fault. Not to mention they ban more people than you really think anyway...

In terms of the OnlyMathias ban, I'm so sick of hearing this topic come up again and again and again. Just let it die already guys, it's like every time a mod gets banned the forums get flipped-turned upside down.

And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there, I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air...

TheRealAussie

District 13
Reaction score
The thing with Mathais' situation (and any big-name people who were banned for similar reasons) is that alot of what he said was spreading false rumors, so that the public will view them as fact. I can understand the confusion between truth's and rumors in this community from the point of a player, as I have been in the same situation before.
Maybe I didn't look at it enough, but I honestly did not see anything in Mathias' speech that was not the truth.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
Beta, the reason why you feel like it's better is because the entire community has been manipulated. You either support that fact or you reject it. You're in denial and that's fine by me, but if you honestly think that anything's getting better it's that Chad is making money and doing as little as possible now. He was an amazing and hardworking owner. Now he's stuck on some small side project sorting out whatever the heck he's doing. What's up with that? He said his dedication was here. At his cash cow.
I'm going to respond to this with an example from last night:

Chad, using the money he made from the other company he owns, bought a tela-presence robot with an IPad attached to the top. He didn't get it because it was cool(not that it isn't, Devin drove it to Starbucks), he got it so that the Administration and Development team can literally wake him up if there is an emergency here. Thats Dedication.

Maybe I didn't look at it enough, but I honestly did not see anything in Mathias' speech that was not the truth.
The rumors viewed by the community as "fact" is more different then you know from the actual fact.

TheRealAussie

District 13
Reaction score
I'm going to respond to this with an example from last night:

Chad, using the money he made from the other company he owns, bought a tela-presence robot with an IPad attached to the top. He didn't get it because it was cool(not that it isnt, Devin drove it to Starbucks), he got it so that the Administration and Development team can literally wake him up if there is an emergency here. Thats Dedication.
Chad is a very dedicated Owner. We are lucky to have him, because I have seen a lot of other owners of servers that were corrupt.

cadbane4321

District 13
Reaction score
In the old days, the last thing I expected was to get banned for hacks. Now I am so scared that I record my controls just in case most of the time because there are so many ban-hungry mods.
I'm so scared I will get banned falsely I record every single game a moderator is in with me.

Tacoface1234

District 13
Reaction score
That's understandable. Without knowledge of how things work within the staff team, it would be nearly impossible to discern the truth from the fiction/rumors/assumptions, seeing as most of it had to do with things that cannot be observed from outside of the staff.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
I'm so scared I will get banned falsely I record every single game a moderator is in with me.
You shouldn't be scared. I'll give you an example: A very well known, and honestly very good player was accused once of hacking, but wasn't banned because the evidence was insufficient. A few weeks passed; the same thing happened again, and again the next month, but they weren't banned. He was scared for his life he said. But, he was the 3rd person to show up on the BSM detection ban list. As evil as it might sound, you have nothing to fear, if you have nothing to hide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci