• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG and What It Could Do

le quack

Platinum
Reaction score
The Monthly leaderboards is going to annoy people since their hard work will disappear

Reaction score
•Weekly and Monthly leaderboards
What good would that bring for the community?
•New food items from 1.7 on chests to give a feeling of newness
Wha xD. I guesss they could add this but it really wouldn't make a difffrence
•A friend system where you add someone on the website (linked to your minecraft account) and you can do /friends in game and it says who is online and you can /friend msg (username) or /invite (username) that notifies the person you want them to join your game and you could add a message such as "In lobby going to SG4 need teammate" or "Ingame need sponsor am stuck" amd maybe some other nice features to go along with it and have an option in the leaderboards to look at only your friends.
This could lead to telling people where others are and getting an advantage.
•Seeds and saplings not being picked up and the ability to punch crops
Is this a major bug that needs to be fixed? Don't punch crops!
•/newlobby or /quickjoin to switch to a random lobby with different maps
Nah. I mean this is kinda just no. You have to be really lazy if yu want this.....
•Retiering on many maps such as breeze island 1 and sg2 (will have list at bottom of thread.)
This map is fine, the lack of tier 2's is challenging and if you don't want it /hub!
•Lasty not really an addition but a less strict NCP to reduce lag backs since NCP will still protect against speed/fly hackers but will not punish the regular player, Removal of the voting system which was voted upon by the community, and a patch to the new problem with secondary weapons and switching with sword pvp.
Do you want hackers every where? I assume not. Also the voting system I don't like but it's not the worst thing ever.
And finally to clear this all up, the sword/rod delay is not a bug, but something purposely added by Mojang because a majoirity of single player users wanted it.

Demcmd

Experienced
Reaction score
Instead of removing a map with an OP chest area, remove the map and then remove the OP chest area, and THEN re-add the map. Simple c:

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Thank you so much for putting this out there!!

I've been wanting to let the devs and upper staff know about this, you just did it for us!! <3

Cryptic_Gamer

Diamond
Reaction score
The Monthly leaderboards is going to annoy people since their hard work will disappear
Put it as a side leaderboard like other servers do, the overall number one will stay but it will also show really good players that havent had as many games played and can cause a lot more competition and will overall give competative people a good reason to stay playing instead of working for a year to get top 10, instead letting people compete with their friends to get more wins in a month and show off skill and set new records like most wins in a month and best ratio in a month. More to encourage competition instead of 3000 wins when the average game is about 15 - 20 minutes that is 45,000 minutes not counting losses to get onto the leaderboards. :p
•Weekly and Monthly leaderboards
What good would that bring for the community?
•New food items from 1.7 on chests to give a feeling of newness
Wha xD. I guesss they could add this but it really wouldn't make a difffrence
•A friend system where you add someone on the website (linked to your minecraft account) and you can do /friends in game and it says who is online and you can /friend msg (username) or /invite (username) that notifies the person you want them to join your game and you could add a message such as "In lobby going to SG4 need teammate" or "Ingame need sponsor am stuck" amd maybe some other nice features to go along with it and have an option in the leaderboards to look at only your friends.
This could lead to telling people where others are and getting an advantage.
•Seeds and saplings not being picked up and the ability to punch crops
Is this a major bug that needs to be fixed? Don't punch crops!
•/newlobby or /quickjoin to switch to a random lobby with different maps
Nah. I mean this is kinda just no. You have to be really lazy if yu want this.....
•Retiering on many maps such as breeze island 1 and sg2 (will have list at bottom of thread.)
This map is fine, the lack of tier 2's is challenging and if you don't want it /hub!
•Lasty not really an addition but a less strict NCP to reduce lag backs since NCP will still protect against speed/fly hackers but will not punish the regular player, Removal of the voting system which was voted upon by the community, and a patch to the new problem with secondary weapons and switching with sword pvp.
Do you want hackers every where? I assume not. Also the voting system I don't like but it's not the worst thing ever.
And finally to clear this all up, the sword/rod delay is not a bug, but something purposely added by Mojang because a majoirity of single player users wanted it.
•Monthly leaderboards will bring more competition to the community and inspire people to play more often which brings popularity and money to the server and to compete against friends for top 10
• The food suggestion (as I stated) was to bring a sort of "new" feeling to SG obviously it isn't going to change the game much at all.
•That is a good point actually I will edit it so possibly a /invite (name) no message and it says ingame/lobby and the server number for the recipient to see.
• No clue what you mean, I never said it was a bug simply a suggestion, also why are you so against being able to punch the crops? lol
• The point about it is if people are looking for a certain map or something along those lines it takes a while and would be a simple command that works with the command already linked to the quickjoin sign but I guess if you want to say its being lazy I do see how but you're sitting on your computer playing a video game. Also it takes a while to go /hub and tp to sg then find a server in lobby test the maps and then leave multiple times.
• Considering that half the corn chests are tier 1 and the only 2 tier 2s people skip corn to get and all are gone within 1 minute of the game I don't really see it as fun especially because the map already has a low chest count, this is challenging but if someone gets your chest route first almost all the map's chests will be taken unless you swim for a long time to get a chest that may just have feathers and a stick in it. I did and like the map until the problem with the tiering came into play and do like the map overall.
•I never said it was a bug I stated this in an earlier reply and it is causes many problems in sg, I am not sure why singleplayer people wanted it but it doesn't make much sense as to what the point of it was.
• Making the NCP less strict will still not let people fly/speed hack like I said. Right now people can still use hacks such as No knockback, Kill aura, aimbot, water-walking, certain movement hacks and fast-heal and NCP doesn't protect against it anyways. It wouldn't make hackers be everywhere because it would mainly just affect normal players, it's not like they're all going to flock to mcsg if we make the no-cheat level less strict. Many popular servers have less strict NCP and hackers are not very present. The population of hackers is directly related to the staff anyways as it is their job to ban them and a less strict NCP won't make aimbot any less visible.
Besides even with such a strict a person can use the hacks found in this video by PrivateFearless

Last edited:

Qwackey

Platinum
Reaction score
I wish you guys would let the Developers do there job and just shut up. It's not as easy as it sounds and they have alot of work to do. Did you even consider the fact that they have lives outside of mcsg? I doubt it.

Anyways, if you don't like the state of the server go somewhere else.

ProShooterBF

Career
Reaction score
I wish you guys would let the Developers do there job and just shut up. It's not as easy as it sounds and they have alot of work to do. Did you even consider the fact that they have lives outside of mcsg? I doubt it.

Anyways, if you don't like the state of the server go somewhere else.
Has the community actually gotten this bad.

ProShooterBF

Career
Reaction score
Like any community, it will have its ups and downs. It's people like you that make it worse.
Actually it's kind of people like you, who make unnecessary conflict causing posts that people will obviously reply to. Cryptic was making suggestions, not telling the developers how to do their job. Keep your mouth shut next time pls nd ty <3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci