• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Microsoft buys Minecraft for 2.5 billion dollars ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
On a serious note though...

Some say they wouldnt just spend 2.5 Billion dollars and ruin the game, but I have to disagree. For starters, Microsoft has all that money to spare, secondly, there is not one Triple A company that doesnt have money on the top of their list.
It is pretty obvious to me that the main thing they wanted from Minecraft is all the money it produces in a yearly basis, it wont be long till they recover the money they spent on buying Mojang.

Also, as I stated in my profile, I have no reasons to trust Microsoft currently and I dont expect any good from this. All I know is Rareware was at the top of the world once and then Microsoft bought it. This does not mean, however, that Id love to be proven wrong.

Only time will tell.

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
mojangs a bunch a fcking sellouts
You are 100% false with that statement. Mojang is known for being in it for fun, not for money. Mojang has declined several download bundle offers, and other full buyouts of mojang. They did it for the good of the company, there are reasons they sold it that we don't even know about, maybe mojang was starting to fall apart anyways, and this was a way of hiding it? Notch didn't ever want to be super popular, he just wants to do what he likes, which is programming. Read this: http://notch.net/2014/09/im-leaving-mojang/ you'll understand a little better.

Darius1700

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm going to give them a chance, but these are things that could happen for the worse:

DLC
No mod API ;c
Pay for online play
Download Bundling (UGH I HATE THOSE)
More focus on XBox, and maybe even discontinue the Playstation version
Stupid additions that would completely change aspects of the game
Aim for profit instead of player satisfaction, I honestly think they will settle for making $2,500,001,000 and call it good because they made a profit off the game and leave it the way it was.

If these changes happen, I think that the minecraft community would still survive. Most servers would stay on 1.8 until the end of time, use bukkit plugins, and wait it out until microsoft figures it out that we're not just a bunch of people that play a game, we are a community, we work together to make the game better, and if microsoft tries to change that, they'll find out the hard way how much power the community has with this game.
Do you realise that some people don't have a good pc and 1.8 has lag-spikes when charging chunks..

Creepah

Career
Reaction score
What I'm hoping to come from this is hopefully a proper and legal fix to the Bukkit rights issue. Honestly if Bukkit stopped updating or people had no access to it, that would have more of an affect on Minecraft than this deal does. Let's hope that new management can solve the problem properly, and legally. Also maybe a Modding API in some shape or form at last. That'd be nice.

bridgedragon

Diamond
Reaction score
Alright. Well I got an idea. If Microsoft somehow majorly screws up this game. Then we make a steam group called "the lost players of MCG." After, we make it to CS:GO invite and win ESEA lan.

sasboy123

Survivor
Reaction score
l
I play on a mac. So yeeeeah. But seriously, I don't think they'll add DLC, atleast not THAT much. If they did, people would just make mods that replicate that, and you could get it for freeeeee.
lol i play on mac to thank god I'm not alone XD

TouchDeath1

Survivor
Reaction score
If microsoft adds these payment add ons like how tey did to xbox live, i will kill myself. "YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR SKIN FOR 9 PAYMENTS OF 9.99 AND CHANGE RESOUCE PACKS FOR 2.99 AND GO TO THE NETHER FOR 9.99 DONT FORGET MULTIPLAYER 99.99"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci