• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Minas Tirith SG - Taking Builders!

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
looks a bit like Avaricia :p but it looks awesome! Would like to see it on the mcsg servers
Thank you, first of all. But I'd like to go ahead and make a point:
If anything, Avaricia looks like this, not the other way around. This map came out way before Avaricia, in 2011. Not to mention that the structure this map is based on was created almost 80 years ago, in the late 1930's by J.R.R Tolkien. So I'd just like to say that all comparisons to Avaricia end here. ;)

sarther

Tribute
Reaction score
Thank you, first of all. But I'd like to go ahead and make a point:
If anything, Avaricia looks like this, not the other way around. This map came out way before Avaricia, in 2011. Not to mention that the structure this map is based on was created almost 80 years ago, in the late 1930's by J.R.R Tolkien. So I'd just like to say that all comparisons to Avaricia end here. ;)
If this came out in 2011, how is it not done, also it does look a lot like avaracia so even though you didn't copy them, they might not add both maps

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
If this came out in 2011, how is it not done, also it does look a lot like avaracia so even though you didn't copy them, they might not add both maps
Read the original post. ^.^
As for the similarity to Avaricia: you are right; mcsg might not accept both maps. I just wanted to set the record that this is a totally independent map as compared to Avaricia.

Edit: And what did you mean by "make the cliff better?" Suggestions are gratefully accepted. :)

PS: Le0 , if you are up for it, it would be awesome if you could work on the dragon builds you mentioned a while ago. My server is up and running; PM me if you're interested.

Last edited:

sarther

Tribute
Reaction score
Read the original post. ^.^
As for the similarity to Avaricia: you are right; mcsg might not accept both maps. I just wanted to set the record that this is a totally independent map as compared to Avaricia.

Edit: And what did you mean by "make the cliff better?" Suggestions are gratefully accepted. :)

PS: Le0 , if you are up for it, it would be awesome if you could work on the dragon builds you mentioned a while ago. My server is up and running; PM me if you're interested.
The cliff looks unnatural and ugly.

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
This one?

Because it's pretty dang attractive, if I do say so myself (I didn't terraform it). Not to mention it looks incredibly similar to the mountains around Minas Tirith in the actual LOTR movies.

royroyboy

Experienced
Reaction score
Awesome job, keep it up! I love L.O.T.R and will have the biggest nerdgasm if this does get released. Also GET THAM DRAGONS! And one last thing... Hi

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
An update on what's going on...

At the moment, I'm focusing on incorporating 1.7 features into the map. This means mostly aesthetic upgrades and additions. I've changed around some biomes in places to theme certain areas of the map. Also, I'm adding stuff like podzol, the new flowers, and other various blocks. I've totally revamped the glass across the map...the dome is a nice tint of brown now; it actually looks pretty cool and unique. :D Plus, the chest count is up to about 150 now; I'm planning on at least 300.

Redstoners: I want you!! PM me!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci