• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

"Mini-Modding"

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
NOTE: Any and all flame will be removed from the thread and, if necessary, users that continuously bring flame on the thread may be banned from the forums. Let's keep this respectful, shall we?

Ah, it's been a while since I've made a thread, hasn't it? Anyways, I wanted to address what seems to be a highly debated topic as of recent, as I've seen a plethora of threads or posts making fun of people that are trying to help. I know as soon as I say this, it's going to be like scratching nails on a chalk board or cutting styrofoam, but nonetheless, this is a thread about "mini-modding" and how it's perceived on the forums.
(I will say "mini-mods" a lot in this thread for lack of a better word)

So, for those of you that don't know what mini-modding is, it's best defined as:

With that being said, let's expand on the topic a bit more, shall we? So, there are basically three point of views that we can get on the subject: the moderators, the "mini-mods", and the opposition. I'll go over and explain the tree points of views very briefly.

Moderators:
As a moderator myself, I am a reasonable source for this point of view, but each moderator has a different view on the situation. With me, I'm a bit more moderate (no pun intended) in terms of the situation at hand. There is the most often thought that comes to mind, which is "Hey, they're helping us out. What's wrong with it?" Like I said, this is my most common though, however I know it does annoy some moderators (including myself at times) that a non-staff member is "doing our job". All in all, I believe the majority of the staff team is fine with it, as it really does make our work easier, but there are times when some can get a bit frustrated with it.

"Mini-mods":
I can't give too much of a solid view here, as there are many different reasons that users want to help the staff out a bit, but if I had to guess it would be because they genuinely want to help out, they are working their way towards a better chance of becoming a staff member, or they want to be respected by their peers. Either way, they are only trying to help, regardless of their motives.

Opposition:
The opposition hates "mini-mods". They seem to constantly make fun of them, taunt them, and mock them. They don't like being told what to do or how to do something, so when a non-staff member tries, it irritates them, which can be understandable at times. Regardless, I believe that there are better ways about showing their frustration, but that isn't any of my business.
*cue mildly annoying Kermit "meme"*

All in all, "mini-mods" are just trying to help. At times they can be a bit too helpful, but they are only trying to help. With that being said, let's all be nice to each other. Remember, in theory, none of this matters. We are all a person sitting in chair (or laying on a couch, or whatever position you find yourself in whilst foruming), in a country that's on a continent, which is on Earth. Earth is a small portion of our solar system, which is a little spec in our galaxy, which is just one galaxy of (roughly) a hundred billion observable galaxies. Sorry for making you feel irrelevant and tiny, but it's true; the amount of flame that is caused by people trying to help is unreal, so let's all just be nice to each other.

BlameKeito

Tribute
Reaction score
In general, it isn't a bother to anyone when they are just helping out. Most of the time, however, they (minimods) just try and shove policy and protocol down our throats and expect us to oblige.

That's the real annoyance.

Vanth

Quantum
Reaction score
Very well said. You have gotten everything right! All I and other "Mini-Mods" out there want to do it help. I just want to make MCSG a better place for everyone to enjoy.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
A problem with them is that they're trying to have authority over others without any physical authority. The response is for us to become upset, I guess. Mini-modding is also a sign that you're tryharding for mod which I find irritating. I'm too tired to write anything good, but here's this.

ShaiPR7

Sr Moderator | Ban Disputes Team
Reaction score
Everytime I try to help on the server or the TS they called me mod wannabee or mini mod ;-; i just want to help while I'm waiting to get my mod application accepted

K

KiDD

A problem with them is that they're trying to have authority over others without any physical authority. The response is for us to become upset, I guess. Mini-modding is also a sign that you're tryharding for mod which I find irritating. I'm too tired to write anything good, but here's this.
Yeah, that's the irritation, if people are doing things like that.

Other that, thanks to you "mini-mods" helpin' us out.

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
This is really accurate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci