• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Moonlight Lake - Why Deleting It ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyK

District 13
Reaction score
Okay. My main argument here, and I have to be blunt; the map is not well made, and isn't good.

How can you guys honestly say that a map like this deserves to be on the servers compared to other amazing maps?
Just look at maps such as Treachorous Heights, Blossom Isle, Pirate's Bay, Spiritual Grounds.. They are all amazing and much better than Moonlight Lake. They have buildings, good terraforming and plenty of chests that aren't taken in 2 minutes.

Moonlight is also very unfair, and depending on where you spawn, you can have a huge advantage compared to other people who are at a disadvantage and have to swim.
Well I think you are wrong ^^
And a lot more people -_-
lol .
My map Is fair , I checked .
I didnt do terreforming and a big map cuz I wanna give "Noobs" A chance to win!
Its well made , I just always kill you in it :3

Philly67

Platinum
Reaction score
I have to admit.. we have A LOT of maps on MCSG.. Atleast 3 or 4 too many..
The only way we can determine which maps should be remove is to start a poll and let the community decide which maps should be removed.

Deadlykronos123

Spectator
Reaction score
lol .
Sorry GuyK your map is not noob friendly what so ever if a noob can't find a chest and eventually does there is a 90% it is already taken.

xJayJay96

Diamond
Reaction score
Okay. My main argument here, and I have to be blunt; the map is not well made, and isn't good.

How can you guys honestly say that a map like this deserves to be on the servers compared to other amazing maps?
Just look at maps such as Treachorous Heights, Blossom Isle, Pirate's Bay, Spiritual Grounds.. They are all amazing and much better than Moonlight Lake. They have buildings, good terraforming and plenty of chests that aren't taken in 2 minutes.

Moonlight is also very unfair, and depending on where you spawn, you can have a huge advantage compared to other people who are at a disadvantage and have to swim.
I don't argue that the map isn't well made, sorry guy, but it isn't. On the other hand, it is a fun map to play, quick games, and just straight, fair PVP. It doesn't look as amazing as the other maps, but to be honest, I vote moonlight lake over many of the other maps, such as teweran survival games, university, and sg 1 and 3. Everyone has a personal preference on maps, I respect that you have your opinion, but you need to respect other peoples opinion too. There needs to be a variety of different map styles on the servers, because different people have different taste, the fact that they are getting rid of a map that is quite different to a lot of the other maps, is totally unreasonable, because people that like this style of map, will now have next to nothing. You need to respect that.

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
Sorry to say, but Chad has made the right decision deleting Moonlight Lake. He also made the right decision in deleting some old maps like Yellowstone and Skylands.

Why?

MCSG needs more quality maps, that are looking good and has a fun gameplay. Now, I don't like comparing MCSG to Hive, but, they have the most quality maps. Yet, we have alot of them too, but they have the more of them. A quality map is a map that is looking well made AND that has a fun gameplay.

Personally, servers with amazingly looking maps which also has a fun gameplay are to me good servers. Maybe because I am a map maker myself? I don't know. But I prefer quality rather than bad looking maps which might have a fun gameplay, but still, are looking terrible.

Moonlight Lake is one of those maps that are looking bad. I would not consider it as a quality map, as it has an unfair cornucopia and terrible terrible structures and terraforming. I will now make a list of maps that in my opinion are looking bad, or have a terrible gameplay.

Lost Ridge- looking "not that good", has a worldpainted giant hill/mountain at the side of it which makes it look unprofessionally made. The gameplay is decent though, and there's not really any problem with it. (Yes, I know, I made this map, still.)

Moonlight Lake- bad looking terraforming, terrible structures. The cornucopia/middle is unfair and it is easy to get fistfighted to the death. Gameplay is decent.

Kharmunrah- has an amazingly fun gameplay in my opinion, still, most of the structures are looking "not that good". Would be perfect if the structures were improved.

Valleyside University- well made terraforming, nice structures- a good map. Still, the gameplay is pretty boring and the map is looking too grey and bland. The look of the map makes me feel depressed, as it is all grey and brickstone- ish.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
I don't argue that the map isn't well made, sorry guy, but it isn't. On the other hand, it is a fun map to play, quick games, and just straight, fair PVP. It doesn't look as amazing as the other maps, but to be honest, I vote moonlight lake over many of the other maps, such as teweran survival games, university, and sg 1 and 3. Everyone has a personal preference on maps, I respect that you have your opinion, but you need to respect other peoples opinion too. There needs to be a variety of different map styles on the servers, because different people have different taste, the fact that they are getting rid of a map that is quite different to a lot of the other maps, is totally unreasonable, because people that like this style of map, will now have next to nothing. You need to respect that.
They have Breeze and SG4. The only reason this map is liked is because it's small, aka exactly like those two maps.

lol .
Just because you don't agree with my opinion doesn't make it wrong.
Plus, I don't dislike maps because I get killed on them, I dislike them because they're bad.

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
They have Breeze and SG4. The only reason this map is liked is because it's small, aka exactly like those two maps.

Just because you don't agree with my opinion doesn't make it wrong.
Plus, I don't dislike maps because I get killed on them, I dislike them because they're bad.
Deleting bad looking maps is the first step in Chad's big big plan of making MCSG a better place, with quality maps to play on.

xJayJay96

Diamond
Reaction score
Wrong, The reason I personally like this map, is the lack of tier 2 chest routes that give you OP gear, and the fact that it is really hard to run away from a fight, leaving it (in my opinion) all down to skill of PVP, and yes, maybe this makes it lack in 'noob friendly' environments, but I'm sorry, this noob friendly thing is dumb, because you say this, but none of the maps are noob friendly, because with all the other maps, there are OP routes that noobs don't know about, maybe there are a lack of chests all together in this map, but at least only getting 1 chest all game with a sword and some food in, can actually give you that shred of hope towards winning. In other maps, if you don't get your armor bar at least to 5: you can kiss that game goodbye. Like i said before, Everyone has their personal preference, you need to respect that.

jruzzin

Survivor
Reaction score
Wrong, The reason I personally like this map, is the lack of tier 2 chest routes that give you OP gear, and the fact that it is really hard to run away from a fight, leaving it (in my opinion) all down to skill of PVP, and yes, maybe this makes it lack in 'noob friendly' environments, but I'm sorry, this noob friendly thing is dumb, because you say this, but none of the maps are noob friendly, because with all the other maps, there are OP routes that noobs don't know about, maybe there are a lack of chests all together in this map, but at least only getting 1 chest all game with a sword and some food in, can actually give you that shred of hope towards winning. In other maps, if you don't get your armor bar at least to 5: you can kiss that game goodbye. Like i said before, Everyone has their personal preference, you need to respect that.
I think it's all right. There's other maps I think should go before this one.

GuyK

District 13
Reaction score
I think my map is just different from others , playing a game in "Moonlight Lake" for me is like a "refreshing" game .
If I'm mad or sad , Moonlight will always cheer me up ^^

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score

Basically what I wanted to say :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci