• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My opinion on the anti-cheat system that is falsely banning people

Uxie

Survivor
Reaction score
The fact is, If there are videos of people getting banned wrongly, Feel free to send them to a mod for us to give to a dev or just report the bug yourselves.
The fact is for the mods to be banning every hacker, we need the communities help as well
and as I am sure you can see, a lot of the community would rather find the flaws in the community and have a huge debate about them, then help us fix them.
What are you trying to point LOL.

The anti cheat ISNT 100% correct
People have been falsely banned, but are unable to get unbanned because they have no evidence, there are a FEW legit players that got banned unfairly, not going to name.
Who are you. I've never heard of you or even you being a mod? I can tell your new to the community.
PEOPLE HAVE BEEN BANNED FALSELY, AND THE DEVELOPERS ARE FIXING THE ANTI CHEAT END OF STORY.

DONT REPLY BACK MODS, idc about ur guys responses

MythicalYT

Survivor
Reaction score
What are you trying to point LOL.

The anti cheat ISNT 100% correct
People have been falsely banned, but are unable to get unbanned because they have no evidence, there are a FEW legit players that got banned unfairly, not going to name.
Who are you. I've never heard of you or even you being a mod? I can tell your new to the community.
PEOPLE HAVE BEEN BANNED FALSELY, AND THE DEVELOPERS ARE FIXING THE ANTI CHEAT END OF STORY.

DONT REPLY BACK MODS, idc about ur guys responses
I have been in the community for 3 years, And got mod over a month ago and please don't ask a mod a question, then two sentences later say don't reply,

Tyler

Platinum
Reaction score
That would be an amazing point if it were true.
Dang, can't you give them some doubt? This anti-cheat system isn't always correct. You need to stop acting like it is. If you were a badlion staff member, I would 100% agree with you because their anti-cheat is amazing, but on the other hand I like mcgamer staff better and feel like you guys don't need a plugin to ban people for you guys.

MythicalYT

Survivor
Reaction score
Dang, can't you give them some doubt? This anti-cheat system isn't always correct. You need to stop acting like it is. If you were a badlion staff member, I would 100% agree with you because their anti-cheat is amazing, but on the other hand I like mcgamer staff better and feel like you guys don't need a plugin to ban people for you guys.
The fact is, As I said about mods, we also need the communities help.
And that is not going to change when a large percentage of the community just sits here plays one game then criticizes all its faults.

DeOptiC

Tribute
Reaction score
People in this post : *Thinking That mods really lazy and dun care about this problem.
Mods : *Thinking the people in this post dun care they worked hard for the anti-cheat
The hackers : looking at the thread and say *LOL Noice anti cheat *

:D

Reaction score
I am one of the unfortunate people who was indeed banned unfairly. The anti-cheat system is clearly flawed and I am going to give my perspective on how the system detects supposed impossible movement. When you open any server-side GUI, whether that be a crafting table or chest, there is a player above your head. If this player is hit, it most likely triggers the detection and bans the player. At the time of my ban, I was on SG3 and was simply opening chests at cornucopia. I started to experience some latency, and eventually I froze for a period of time but I was still right clicking chests. I have a feeling that somehow this would have triggered the player above my head when the GUI opens, therefore banning me. I would certainly never hack. I am diamond donor on the MCSG servers and I have been in many of the top AU clans such as Blitz and Nekk.

Rick Astley

Career
Reaction score
You really think we are lazy?
937 total bans have been issued in the past 24 hours.
That is what we have done. That is what us mods do 24/7 to make sure that you can play on the MCGamer servers.
Is this just mods or including normal players to? Because 937 seems a bit of a stretch. It might not be, I'm just saying that it looks a bit sus.

MythicalYT

Survivor
Reaction score
Is this just mods or including normal players to? Because 937 seems a bit of a stretch. It might not be, I'm just saying that it looks a bit sus.
That is all mods working, In all the regions. That isn't even including mutes and kicks. that is not including the anti-cheat either.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Certain people may wanna look at this before they comment on anything else about the anti-cheat:

All of the posts aside (whether they're beneficial to this discussion or merely looking to bash other people), Chad, a Developer, and myself were discussing the matter in depth recently. I have a few updates for everyone:
  • We agreed that while a majority of the XAC bans are legitimate (with some hacks being 100% guaranteed), we admit that there are certain aspects of the system that could result in false positives in a set of rare instances.
    • It would appear that lag and luck are the complicating factors at play here. Making matters worse is the terrible way Minecraft handles server connectivity and client integrity.
  • On Tuesday, a push was made to address lag compensation for the affected XAC systems. That should help with more accurate reporting.
  • Also on Tuesday, a modification was made to the XAC auto-ban system to make it more, "forgiving" in light of the potential false positive bans. We will be returning XAC to its previous strictness once we've accounted for all the edge-cases, and generally made it more accurate.
    • This was done as a direct result of player outcry like this, so I don't want to hear any more of, "MCGamer doesn't caaaaare!"
  • We are currently researching the extent of punishments that were done with the potentially-troublesome system. We will use this information to estimate the general likelihood that bans done with that system were false-positives.
A developer should be posting further clarifications and updates on this matter later.

Unbans are definitely on the table to be discussed. But based on what I've read in this thread, I feel compelled to issue this warning: if you can't behave yourselves, you'll be find your Hacking ban being replaced with an Abuse/Disrespect/Mass Demonstration ban instead. That's not worth it, so please behave yourselves.

We're willing to work with you folks to make this all better, but that's not going to happen if the standard mode of behavior here is insults and claims of how much things suck. Work with us, not against us, and we'll work through this together.
The same applies to the responses I have seen within this thread. So please make sure to read through very thoroughly, so you can have a better understanding of the situation before people begin hitting at the dark. Thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci