• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My Rant about Mod Application's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikubi

Career
Reaction score
The age limit might seem unfair to the fewactual mature people below the age of 15, but mostly its just, "Hi im 10 and im mature so plz take me ^.^", and then they don't do anything.

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Moderator are fresh picked apples in a sea of rotten ones. You ask to lower the age of moderator accept ion but then the mods would get 1000 threads from 10 year old saying. "Can I haz mod plz. I fan". Even though I'm only 14, I can see why mods applications aren't open to younger people.

Bowhoo

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm not saying every person under 15 is irresponsible but if you look at the majority. Then it also comes down to the grammatical abilities. I'm just saying a lot of the people that are under the age of 15 don't meet the requirements of being a mod
Not that I agree with this thread, however if this idea would come through, you wouldn't be accepting every 12, 13, or 14 year old. They would accept the people that write amazing applications and have an amazing interview and not the people with tons of spelling mistakes.

Tigerstain

Diamond
Reaction score
Let me ask one thing. WHY do you want to become a moderator? (this is to eveyone not just MrKorrenian)
One simple reason: To make a difference. In more detail, the staff page on the forums may LOOK big, but 3/4 of the moderators on there I have NEVER seen post on the forums, and I've NEVER seen them moderating the servers (the US servers anyways). We need more people who can be dedicated! Be the kind of moderator Blamph was, in other words.

K259864

Career
Reaction score
The mods real issue here seems to be that there would be too much drama with younger mods. But I think that if you are under the age of 15 then you should at least get a chance. I understand that the mods and srmods have enough on their hands so they don't want to deal with immature 12 year olds but if they prove themselves worthy and they prove they actually will and want to help the server then they should get a chance in the interview room. What these servers need are dedicated mods that truly want to help the community, not necessarily the older ones that would rather play Ps3 all day then moderate the servers even though it's basically a job. My argument here isn't for younger mods but its for choosing mods because of their dedication to the servers not their age.

Aellios15

Experienced
Reaction score
The mods real issue here seems to be that there would be too much drama with younger mods. But I think that if you are under the age of 15 then you should at least get a chance. I understand that the mods and srmods have enough on their hands so they don't want to deal with immature 12 year olds but if they prove themselves worthy and they prove they actually will and want to help the server then they should get a chance in the interview room. What these servers need are dedicated mods that truly want to help the community, not necessarily the older ones that would rather play Ps3 all day then moderate the servers even though it's basically a job. My argument here isn't for younger mods but its for choosing mods because of their dedication to the servers not their age.
You can't fully judge ones dedication to the server prior them being a moderator unless they're one of the very few who regularly send in report abuse and is active on the forums without getting themselves into trouble. There are very few people in the community who are like this. The applications aren't purely based on age; however is an age requirement. When selecting new candidates for being moderator the highest age doesn't always get chosen. If say a person who's 15 submits an application that is well done and someone else who's 18 submits one that's slightly mediocre then the 15 year old candidate would be selected.

The scope of this thread is extremely limited without seeing all of the situations the staff deals with on a regular basis involving younger people. There are more than a handful of reasons why there is an age limit in this and other positions of responsibility in all subjects. One example of this being the ability to obtain a driver's license, this is an excellent example of a situation in which there is an age limit based off of maturity and responsibility in the real world. They don't make exceptions for the driving age because people realise that with age comes maturity and with maturity the ability to handle more responsibility. So, like many things it's justified to choose not to hire people below the age requirement.

K259864

Career
Reaction score
You can't fully judge ones dedication to the server prior them being a moderator unless they're one of the very few who regularly send in report abuse and is active on the forums without getting themselves into trouble. There are very few people in the community who are like this. The applications aren't purely based on age; however is an age requirement. When selecting new candidates for being moderator the highest age doesn't always get chosen. If say a person who's 15 submits an application that is well done and someone else who's 18 submits one that's slightly mediocre then the 15 year old candidate would be selected.

The scope of this thread is extremely limited without seeing all of the situations the staff deals with on a regular basis involving younger people. There are more than a handful of reasons why there is an age limit in this and other positions of responsibility in all subjects. One example of this being the ability to obtain a driver's license, this is an excellent example of a situation in which there is an age limit based off of maturity and responsibility in the real world. They don't make exceptions for the driving age because people realise that with age comes maturity and with maturity the ability to handle more responsibility. So, like many things it's justified to choose not to hire people below the age requirement.
Ok Alleios thanks for clarifying that with me. My intention is not to upset the staff my intention was to simply get my opinion out.

Aellios15

Experienced
Reaction score
That's not always the case, real maturity is often realising that something needs to change, and having the courage to step forward and state your arguments as to why it should change, if maturity was as you say, nothing would move forward, we'd still be living in the dark ages.
I was a bit sceptical about his main post, but his second actually changed my opinion on the matter, maybe there are 14, 13, hell maybe even 12 year olds out there that are mature enough to moderate a server.
I'm not saying that all 12, 13 and 14 year olds should be considered, but if they have been considered in the past, and with good yield, it seems nonsensical to not even consider extreme cases now.
Having said all of that, I will concede that it can be hard to know whether the candidate is lying or not, and that the person could be using a facade in order to gain the privileges for abuse, but on the whole, people will not want to waste the time doing so, as they will know that they will most likely be kicked from the team soon after abusing the power, so the time spent on the application will be wasted to them.
Hopefully this guy can get enough people on board to get his point noticed and considered for reviewal, good luck MrKorrenian.
While I agree that at times real maturity is realising that something needs to change; however, this is not such a case. There are many examples and real world situations that would reveal that this isn't one of those things that needs to change anytime soon. Some positions require a good level of responsibility that isn't held by people of ages 10-14 and sometimes even 15 or higher, I've stated one example of this in my previous post. Of course this rules does make it unfair to people who are lucky enough to be in that age range but are extremely mature but not everything can be dictated by fairness. I'll agree that is is unfortunate but I can't honestly say that such a rule should be change based on the misfortune of so few people as there is just cause for it.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
One thing that admittedly bugs me about most of the recent mods, is that I have never, ever seen them before. In some cases, the only post they've ever made on the forums is their mod app.

Lukas Bisket

Career
Reaction score
One thing that admittedly bugs me about most of the recent mods, is that I have never, ever seen them before. In some cases, the only post they've ever made on the forums is their mod app.
I agree with this. Yesterday, I had to guide a new mod (Unnamed) how to deal with a report abuse. He did not know on imgur, there can be multiple pictures, and i had to direct him through some other assorted things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci