• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New Maps & The Map Committee

Do you agree?

• Yes

Votes: 41 83.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 50/50

Votes: 5 10.2%

• Total voters

mr_pendle

Diamond
Reaction score
I meant Forum members more likely...
Yeah, only forum members can vote for polls, and imo new people on the map committee wouldn't help as they're just one person. I'm saying the map committee should start adding what the community wants. There doesn't need to be another person on the committee, all they have to do is look at polls on the map threads.

But I guess someone who isn't a map maker would be good to have on the committee. :p

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Look, the map committee makes good choices. they are also players after all and if you want to make a change apply for Mod. But this isn't going to change anything. Most people are happy with the maps and I'm sure many good maps will be added. Also for the people talking about Wyverns Wake. Its not coming back the creator asked for it to be removed because he said there were to many mistakes.
Applying for mod doesnt do anything.. Thats what people think, becoming mod makes you all powerful in the community. It doesnt.

Yeah, only forum members can vote for polls, and imo new people on the map committee wouldn't help as they're just one person. I'm saying the map committee should start adding what the community wants. There doesn't need to be another person on the committee, all they have to do is look at polls on the map threads.

But I guess someone who isn't a map maker would be good to have on the committee. :p
I meant adding people who arent biased (we are ALL biased in some way) and or not on any build teams.

ChargedPVP

Experienced
Reaction score
Applying for mod doesnt do anything.. Thats what people think, becoming mod makes you all powerful in the community. It doesnt.

Actually it will help. Certain staff members are in the map committee so that means that if you work your way up you can help choose maps. Also as a mod you can voice your opinion to the map committee that may effect their choices. It won't make you powerful but it will help. You should think over your response next time :3

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Everyone is in some way related to maps and such...

mr_pendle

Diamond
Reaction score

I meant adding people who arent biased (we are ALL biased in some way) and or not on any build teams.
Yeah I agree. The only way that would happen though is if we got someone from another community which isn't logical :/
Look, the map committee makes good choices. they are also players after all and if you want to make a change apply for Mod. But this isn't going to change anything. Most people are happy with the maps and I'm sure many good maps will be added. Also for the people talking about Wyverns Wake. Its not coming back the creator asked for it to be removed because he said there were to many mistakes.
Applying for mod doesn't do anything. Are you saying people can't state opinions or request changes because they're not mod?

Also, the maker of Wyverns Wake probably wouldn't have said that if it hadn't been removed.

You say people are happy, but do you call 400 messages on the recent map update complaining happy?
One or two of maps on this poll look good in the screenshots, but if you download them and actually look around, they really aren't that special. Just my opinion.
What maps are these?

cadbane4321

District 13
Reaction score

I think that it's better that forum members vote. Usually, they are more "experienced." If there was an in-game poll asking for what maps should be added, most players would vote for the one that sounds the coolest without even going to the map's forum post.

LaxTerrier

Survivor
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. The only way that would happen though is if we got someone from another community which isn't logical :/

Applying for mod doesn't do anything. Are you saying people can't state opinions or request changes because they're not mod?

Also, the maker of Wyverns Wake probably wouldn't have said that if it hadn't been removed.

You say people are happy, but do you call 400 messages on the recent map update complaining happy?

What maps are these?
I won't say them, I don't want to start an argument over what the best map is. All I'm saying is that you need to download a map to really see how good it is.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
I didnt mean from another community, I mean pick people who know MCSG, know about maps, arent in a huge portion of the team, are responsible, known & trusted by the sr.staff etc.... Just someone who isnt so biased.

CdrewMC

Diamond
Reaction score
I totally agree 100% I think waterfall resort should be added as well

mr_pendle

Diamond
Reaction score
I won't say them, I don't want to start an argument over what the best map is. All I'm saying is that you need to download a map to really see how good it is.
That makes sense, I agree.

I didnt mean from another community, I mean pick people who know MCSG, know about maps, arent in a huge portion of the team, are responsible, known & trusted by the sr.staff etc.... Just someone who isnt so biased.
That makes sense but most people who fit that criteria, are either in a build team, or friends with someone in a build team.

I think that it's better that forum members vote. Usually, they are more "experienced." If there was an in-game poll asking for what maps should be added, most players would vote for the one that sounds the coolest without even going to the map's forum post.
By poll I meant forum poll, above the thread :3
And they haven't removed all the underplayed TeamElite maps...(Lost ridge, The Fallen Colossi ans such)
Yeah, I agree

ztxmd

Survivor
Reaction score
Im not just saying this because of my map, because i purposely designed it like this, but i think they shouldnt encourage insane ammounts of terraforming, i mean look at the best maps, majority of them dont have the big hills everywhere.as long as its not completely flat (there are small hills and things)the better for gameplay.i mean whats actually better gameplay or map looks.

But to be sure all maps are good, I think maps should be tested gameplay wise on the servers like a beta before added, it would mean maps like desinys shiver,vida cove,etc would not have been added.it would also show errors like SG ancient japans spawn error that would have been fixed before added.

Anyway thats just my opinion

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci