• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New Work in progress map - need suggestions

Any ideas on what would make this better and what we should include?

• great wall of china type thing

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • floating islands (a bit like in avatar)

Votes: 22 48.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jingo

Survivor
Reaction score
jee, thanks! there are just 2 of us and we don't have mods so it may be a while before its finished though!

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
i think you really need to use the voxelsniper erosion brushes since the hills just seem to spring up from nowhere. Maybe find a server that will let you upload an mcedit schematic of your work so far or something?

jingo

Survivor
Reaction score
we've edited it since then. Also, we want to do it legit, it's not because we can't, but because we want to. even if it takes ages. We're gonna do some more terraforming to make it natural looking afterwards.

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
if you're dead set on doing it that way, fair enough, but don't think you're going to get any extra kudos. People will just judge what they see.

jingo

Survivor
Reaction score
if you're dead set on doing it that way, fair enough, but don't think you're going to get any extra kudos. People will just judge what they see.
yeah we know, and i dont have a bukkit server anyway

L

Lululioness

I love it and I have some ideas for the structures.
By looking at the terraforming, this map needs an amazing theme to go with it. You should add a river extending from a waterfall off one of your cliff style mountains. Thereriver would wind it's way around the map. On the river there would be little canoe type boats with roofs and on the side would be markets and small huts. There would be barns, agriculture (tree cutting), bathrooms, places to stay and homes and any other things you could think of. These would be around the river banks and extend a little further out. In other areas of the map you could have isolated work places or abandoned villages and anything you could think of.

jingo

Survivor
Reaction score
I love it and I have some ideas for the structures.
By looking at the terraforming, this map needs an amazing theme to go with it. You should add a river extending from a waterfall off one of your cliff style mountains. Thereriver would wind it's way around the map. On the river there would be little canoe type boats with roofs and on the side would be markets and small huts. There would be barns, agriculture (tree cutting), bathrooms, places to stay and homes and any other things you could think of. These would be around the river banks and extend a little further out. In other areas of the map you could have isolated work places or abandoned villages and anything you could think of.
thanks a lot. i was hoping someone would make some good suggestions. I like the ideas and we may well include them in our map!

jingo

Survivor
Reaction score
HELLO! not long left of my ****** 'holiday' and that means we can get some work done!

jingo

Survivor
Reaction score
Holy crap all this terraforming by hand? This guy is dedicated...
i guess we are pretty dedicated lol haha, i have to do most of the terraforming (since the the other two are busy sometimes) and it is pretty hard doing it legit. hopefully it will all be worth it even if it isnt accepted. Anyway, what do you think about the map so far?

jingo

Survivor
Reaction score
i'm thinking of putting a dam like this in:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member