• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Our new deathmatch, your thoughts!

Do you like this new setup?

• Yes (Please explain below)

Votes: 116 55.2%
  • No (Please explain below)

Votes: 94 44.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LongShot

Spectator
Reaction score
I like all of it except maybe the 24-Tribute games could be longer?
Not too much longer but I think 20 minutes is a little too short, but it's still good and I definitely vote yes!

kybcat

Spectator
Reaction score
Yes you need to give a little time before the deathmatch starts i made it to the death match and as soon as it finished laoding i was already being hit. Some computers load slower then others

I have an idea, Maybe once the deathmatch starts. Let all the spectators actually get out of the little room, and get an area to view, Which also may give time to the players to let it load. Maybe just like the beggning, A countdown to start, Because lag sucks.

StCamel

Tribute
Reaction score
If you have Optifine, turn of lava-animation. Problem solved.

Und3adK1w15

Tribute
Reaction score
If you have Optifine, turn of lava-animation. Problem solved.
Should probably do that...

Anyway, i say no for those who have client side lag like me and will most likely never get another win again...

nox240

Tribute
Reaction score
To all the people who say the 24 tribute games are too short, this is how I've always wanted it to be. With about 7 or 8 people in deathmatch it adds excitement and a reason to watch the deathmatch as a spectator. Plus, if you die within the first 10 minutes or so, now you don't have to wait 50 minutes for the server to restart. I love the new style, Chad, you've done a great job!

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I like the idea, its a very good thought, but I lag as donkey scrotum. On the old deathmatch, in the middle/cornocopia, I didnt lag at all, but I dont like the 20 minutes either, Its too short, after the first refill and I feel like I have confidence in winning, I get into the laggy cornocopia incredibly early, and dies, with diamond sword and iron swords, but I still die due to incredible lag.

Old map cornocopia would better and a bit longer time, 25-40 minutes

REALITYsuccz

Tribute
Reaction score
I still think it should only be 30 minutes for 48 and 120 because there are more people, but that mean more people to kill. and the 48 and 120 tributes are over pretty quickly.

Didmister11

Tribute
Reaction score
Look you people are always whining and crying about lag! Well try optifine it can increase your fps by over %30 once you get your own settings that fit your computer best, it lets you modify certain particles and even has a fog/distance slider, it also lets you use hd texture packs so you don't need the patcher and improves your PC in the process.
Mod:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...c6-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af-and-much-more/
Video:
Survival games its staff or me are not liable for any damage done your pc, minecraft, saves, or performance.
I have optifine and have turned off all the animations and i still get 1-3 fps in the new arena

ThunderBow98

Spectator
Reaction score
The games should last 2 nights... enough for the chests to refill twice. Then again, most people are eliminated before the first day ends so I am for both...

ThunderBow98

Spectator
Reaction score
Deathmatch should be triggered at the usual 6 players. Three usually means that all the people with iron armor are left standing unless a noob who went camping in the trees and stayed afk gets a shot at it. Other players should have a chance at deathmatch too ya know.

Jakest_123

Spectator
Reaction score
15 minutes means that people have less time to hack-in or find the equipment to make a diamond sword. I'm all for that.

I'd rather diamonds be removed, as it gives everyone else a fairer chance. As it stands, the person with the diamond sword never loses. And it's always the same person who gets the diamond sword.

But the deathmatch... I came second due to lag. The other guy had a diamond sword but I had stone with smite 1 thanks to the enchantment table in arena 3. I would've stood a chance if the deathmatch didn't lag for me.
I think it must be the sand falling or something.

skittlesboy

Tribute
Reaction score
its good but game are too short! also the new system make me lag slightly but i will vote yes on this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci