• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Our new deathmatch, your thoughts!

Do you like this new setup?

• Yes (Please explain below)

Votes: 116 55.2%
  • No (Please explain below)

Votes: 94 44.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cameron1138

Tribute
Reaction score
I love the new system. It's nice having shorter games (although maybe 24 player games should be lengthened a little bit, to 30 minutes), and the deathmatch arena is really cool. One minor complaint I have, however, is that as a spectator, whenever I go up to a fence in the deathmatch arena to get a better look, I get thrown back pretty far.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
By the way, I want to say one more thing.
Isn't the 20 minutes timelimit going the opposite direction of the survival games?
This now is a total different style of playing and everyone is just preparing for the deathmatch, I don't feel like hunting down players anymore. >.>
This isn't the survival games for me anymore, just a random pvp server >.>

Didmister11

Tribute
Reaction score
By the way, I want to say one more thing.
Isn't the 20 minutes timelimit going the opposite direction of the survival games?
This now is a total different style of playing and everyone is just preparing for the deathmatch, I don't feel like hunting down players anymore. >.>
This isn't the survival games for me anymore, just a random pvp server >.>
I want it to be atleast 2 nights, and i want the old arena back. The new arena lags way to much, to stop half the lag i had to download a texture pack.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
I want it to be atleast 2 nights, and i want the old arena back. The new arena lags way to much, to stop half the lag i had to download a texture pack.
do you have optifine? You can turn off the lava animations.

Didmister11

Tribute
Reaction score
do you have optifine? You can turn off the lava animations.
I have done all that. I have put all the settings the fastest it can go, i even turned off lave animations. But it isn't the lava which is making me lag, it is the falling sand.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
I have done all that. I have put all the settings the fastest it can go, i even turned off lave animations. But it isn't the lava which is making me lag, it is the falling sand.
If you know the deathmatch is comming you can put the render distance to tiny, maybe that will work. :eek:

Aellios15

Experienced
Reaction score
It seems, that I judged the new time and deathmatch much to early. After playing it more it's grown on me. The on thing I would suggest is that the wait time before a game be reduced from 5 minutes to something more like 2min because no matter what, people playing on 24 slot servers will spend 1/5 of their time waiting for a game to start.

drumergames

Spectator
Reaction score
easy fix for lag- the stone brick underneath the sand breaks anyways. so why add more moving entity's to cause lag? Removing the sand wouldn't change the game play at all, it would just make it less laggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci