• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Questions for you guys about Survival Games 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sat345

Spectator
Reaction score
Hey, Vareide

1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)?
Map 2 because the buildings are cool and i think there are more chests

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)?
snipe people, ambush people, or just get food and survive

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?
I would like more traps because I have not seen that much when i was playing

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why?
make buildings under water too because theres not much buildings under water and i think it will be cool

TornixGalensti

Spectator
Reaction score
1. I like the second map the most, I keep getting lost in the main island on the first map since it looks pretty the same everywhere I look.

2. Basically head for the areas with where most of the chests are, whether it might be in the middle or the pirate ship/the pink house. Then I may go for the chests that other tributes are unlikely to get, it all depends on how well I do in the middle. If it's possible, I will to get the items in the middle when the chest are refilled.

3. Some distinct features on the first map that allows you to find around the place.

4. Some more advance items in other chest other than the middle, the best you can hope for is iron ingots to craft an iron sword but then you'll be running around with leather at best unless you managed to get something nifty from the middle which isn't always the case. If a team hogs the middle you are pretty much screwed.

Mangming

Spectator
Reaction score

1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)?Map 1 because its more like the actual hunger games! also it has more of a challenge and i love the hidden berthas (the big climable trees)

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)? i usually get one chest from cornucopia and then either run away to get more chests or stay at cornucopia if i am on a team!

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?nothing at all! except in my opinion i think there should be more parkour ! i love the maps

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why?i I would like to add a mob trap where you would fall into a hole full off mobs and you have to find the way out. Also a house here you walk in and the walls closein on you and suffocate you !
I LOVE THESE MAPS ALSO IM WILLING TO HELP IN ANYWAY :D

nickydoodle

Spectator
Reaction score
1.I'm a noob so I don't know the difference between map 1 and 2.
2. My tactic is run run run! Then I try to find chests.
3. I think that the SG should have the choice of splitting into teams of to and when the teams are decided, the teamates should spawn beside one another.
4. Pie :D

Zika

Spectator
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)? I like the Forest map better than the City map because its easier to find people. And i think it's easier to find chest. I dont mean that dont like the City map but i just prefer the Forest map.

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)? If i dont have any kind of weapons or something useful i just look for chest. otherwise i hunt people if my apponent is not well armed. Sometimes i sneak on people who are well armed and when they look back i kill them... On the city map when im being chased i climb up some vines and when they come after me i punch them of the building so i can take there items.

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not the servers) Um i guess more hidden areas and puzzles. I think the puzzles are fun to play with. Like the one on the forest map when you get the enchanted Gold sword. It was awesome. I hope you make more of them in this map you and your building team are building :).

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why? I'd like too have more chest. It makes the game more fun. And less traps you cant get out of :p. You just have to wait there untill someone comes and kill you.

I hope you found my oppinions helpful.-Zikachu

streamer2

Spectator
Reaction score
The Abandoned City map because not only did you guys actually worked on the design (which is grand to say the least) you even made the entire map have even more interactivity than you could in the Forest map!
The best tactic is, when nobody else goes for it, is to head for the Cornucopia as it has lots of valuable stuff you'll need. If people are heading there, the next best thing to do is to run to the buildings or areas filled with cool loot and when hostilities are encountered, best thing would be to run if you don't have the proper equipment or to fight if you do.
3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?
Yeah. The Forest map is a little dull even with all those cool features and ruins so could you please add more structures to it and, possibly, have an unexplorable area that connects to Abandoned City? It'd be a great thing especially since it'll add to the Survival Games story fans (like me) how the tributes got to the Abandoned City :)4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why?
I'd like to please to have a story line added into the Survival Games and maybe some in-game events like a full moon where there's increase in monster spawn or random loot falling from the sky because a lot of people like stories and events which increase or decrease the game's difficulty! Thanks for listening!

MinecraftBrutal

Survivor
Reaction score
1.The older one (map 1) its hard to find armor , and i have a realy good tactik for chests and al swag

2.On first map i go to the midle and then im looking for tree whit a chest and walking trough the cove ,becuse there is alot of chests there , and when night ends i go to the midle

On second map i go t a parking and a house whit 3 chests and i get alot of armo ,waiting for night to finsh and the i go to the centre.

3. I would like if there were more servers and nothing else;)

4.Yea i would add more servers cuz they re alway full and use points for somekind of a shop:D

PANCZASU

Spectator
Reaction score

The city map. I really like the vertical aspect of it, the subway and the skyscrapers make the map way more interesting for me to play. That said, I do love the amount of water the forest map has to offer; you can use it to great advantage when fighting with little gear against an opponent that would normally crush you. Sure, the city map has water too, but I rarely got to use it.

Try to get to the chests but give up, if there's no way for me to get any loot before others. Then find chests in areas that are easy to defend (map 1 - near big bodies of water; map 2 - in skyscrapers). After getting some half-decent gear proceed to explore in random areas, gathering food and avoiding stronger players. Try to snipe the weaker ones, or pick off the stronger when they are at a severe disadvantage. At this point I usually die :3

Higher reward for chests that are hard to get

Would be kinda cool if the loot in chests could be random, but I know this is probably a no-go without a plugin of some sort. Instead, maybe we could have less items that are ready to use and more crafting ingredients. This should add a nice bit of variety

TrackerJacker

Spectator
Reaction score
Map 1 (which I think is the forest one.) Although the city map is impressive, I'm one of those Hunger Games geeks who prefers things done authentically and closer to the original media - not to say that everything should be done that way, this is The Survival Games I know, but I just think that the only structure other than caves and large trees should be the Cornucopia.

I avoid grabbing items from the chests and run away, on the City Build though, I know where a bunch of them are, so I just look for a recognisable landmark over the treetops and head in that direction - heading to the ones that are the furthest away because I'll have more of a chance in getting something out of them. For instance if I were to get to the forested area with the cathedral, I'd prioritise the chests in the cabin and the trees more than those at the base of the mega tree or in the metal boat/bridge thing, because somebody may be there already. I then avoid conflict if unarmed, but if I get a weapon I hunt for animals and defend myself from whomever I encounter.

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)? I'd love for the chest area to be changed to resemble a Cornucopia, and to have more chests added in - if possible those with bitter items in the mouth of the Cornucopia itself, and those with items of lesser value (say a single pork chop + an apple or a lone arrow) to positioned halfway between the Cornucopia and the players. That would eliminate the odds of people dying from starvation within the first couple of days, and encourage them to stop avoiding other players. It would also probably make the rush to the chests a lot more action-packed too, as everyone would have a higher chance of actually gaining something for their inventory - it can be quite hard for newer players to get something of worth, if anything at all, so sometimes they avoid the chests completely. There's also a very low fatality rate, perhaps only 2 or maybe 4 if you're lucky that die at the Cornucopia straight away, so a lot of the aforementioned players without any items just wander around cluelessly and starving to death, which is quite boring.

A map with a cornucopia, as opposed to lone chests in a gazebo - it's just a more impressive sight.

A map or server that is more geared towards the Hunger Games, so no crafting and no enchantments, just surviving on what you find in the arena or what you get from the chests - so the ability to make your own items is revoked entirely. In The Hunger Games, Tributes are meant to start on equal footing - it should be enough that those who find things like iron swords or armour in the Cornucopia should have that edge, they shouldn't be able to increase the strength of these items too - nor should they be able to enchant wolves.

No building structures in the arena, it makes it seem like more of a struggle for survival in the wilderness when there isn't a roof over your head, plus it makes Tributes more wary of running into creepers etc. There should still be the lobby though.

To stop games from playing out longer than they should, once there are around 8 players left, the chests at the Cornucopia all refill themselves and there should be a notification for this other than the occasional 'sponsors have refilled all of the chests' that only occurs every now and then. This will draw less-equipped or hungry players in to get items, and it will draw in those with weapons to kill those raiding the chests.

Perhaps touching the forcefield at the edge of the arena should be lethal, or take away a lot of the players health.

No underground chambers or dungeons, there should be caves, but nothing grand and well-lit with pits of lava. On that note chests in the arena should be harder to find - built into tree trunks, placed in the ground etc, not being put in places where you think you'd find one (on landmarks etc) of course players would naturally know where they were after playing the arena several times.

I've seen this in youtube videos, but never in a game that I've actually taken part in - random spurts of lava causing chunks of the forest to gradually catch on fire. It's more of an aesthetic detail really, and could force people to bump into each other as they circle around it. Or perhaps make a ghast spawn if a certain number of players haven't been killed by sundown on the first day.

If possible remove Endermen from the arena, I understand that the mobs are more or less muttations here, but the Endermen just don't seem to fit properly.

A map like the one in Catching Fire; circular, the centre being a Cornucopia on a small island surrounded by water, with the rest of the arena being forest and jungle. The arena could be divided into twelve or eight segments, each with something else spawning - although the things that spawn would probably head into different parts of the arena. For instance, the first segment could spawn a ghast, the second could be rigged with arrow bombs, the third full of pit traps, the fourth covered in spider webs to reduce speed, the fifth could have lots of lethal falls etc etc The whole 'no structures, enchantments or crafting' thing doesn't really apply to this particular map though - it's just for fun and the thrill is supposed to be how dangerous it is. You can go into the jungle and risk being killed in a trap or something, or play it safe and stay exposed - but be highly visible and other players could kill you.

AlexBamBalex

Spectator
Reaction score
I like Map2 better, as it it lager (I think) it also add height to it, So you can snipe for 100 block high!
On map 1 i am a wolfman, I hunt skeleton sand tame dem wolves, op map 2 I like to be a Tank, i know some chests with armor, So I just rush in battle!
On the City map, there is this code door, It would be nice if you could find it somewhere, like at the gigantic church forest area

An more intese Beginning, With a shoprt jumping puzzle maybe/ Just sprinting to the chests is pretty boring, If you need to Jump to them, Whiole under you is a Cobweb 'lake' it would be more intreseting

Gags98

Spectator
Reaction score
sorry i cant answer that because i tried to enter in a server but the game just tuld me that was a bad loggin and i dont now why if you could help me i jure be great full

lpr107

Spectator
Reaction score
Hey man looking forward to this as survival games has been my only reason to play MC anymore so keep up the good work :)

1. Map 2, I like the more fast paced action with the ability to have callouts (e.g. town, river ect.) and the fact you don't have to make your way across loads of water/throw trees and stuff like that.

2. Go around in team of 2 picking off one person at a time trying to gain the right equipment to make swords and armour ect., more just rush but then towards the end hold down spawn and wait for fight to come to you.

3. I would like more building this time around and each building to be definable unlike some on map 2 where is seems you're shouting out "He's at the big broken building!" and an easier may to get around like minecart systems.

4. More rewards for being a good player (Killstreaks, rapid amount of kills at a time) also give more use to certain items such as cake, flint and steel, and so on.
I know some of my requests are prob abit difficult but keep up the work guys and can't wait to see new map :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci