• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Questions for you guys about Survival Games 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepalgamer

Survivor
Reaction score
1. The first map because I have a slow computer and it runs better.

2. 1.Go for the cornucopia, then a hidden chest,then tower. Everything after that is improv.
2.Go for the cornucopia, then frame building followed by hospital.

3. More crafting tables and collections of arrows. Also proper battle areas like clearings instead of parkour.

4. At night refill all of the chests EXCEPT for the cornucopia. Also have more Armour in chests. Finally, when you die, you are allowed to give one item you had when you were alive to a tribute (eg. sword, food etc)

Rabiatic

Spectator
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)?
Map number two. I win more often on the first map, but the game tends to get really boring after the first 10 minutes. The first map is too big in my opinion, and it's also easy for newer players to get lost. The second map is more flattened, and therefore it's easier to find players who are hiding, and it is harder to get completely lost as well.

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)?
Map 1: Run straight for the big ship. I'm a pretty decent runner, and therefore get there first usually. If I get there first, I can kill the other players rushing for it, as well as people going there after going for the cornucopia. Most of them don't have weapons, and therefore you can obtain some cornucopia items, eventhough you don't go for the chests themselves. If you get all the items in the ship, you are almost guaranteed some leather armor, stone/iron sword (there are 2 iron ingots in the chests most of the time), sticks, bow and arrows (often material for making arrows) and food. Therefore I find this strategy to be very successful. After obtaining these items, I usually camp out by the cornucopia and kill other players trying to do the same. The next steps are getting the cornucopia items, kill a lot of skeletons at night, and get an army of wolves by the next day.

Map 2: Going for the cornucopia at the start, then going for a route which gives me items of 5/7 chests. Usually I get an iron sword, which gives me the ability to camp out by the cornuopia. From there I get the refill and kill the other players.

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?
Maybe some more secret passages, some more places making other tactics viable like the ship in map 1, and also the ability to get a high enchanted weapon (must be very hard to get to, but not in a puzzle kind of way. Just challenging jumps etc.).

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why?
Not that I can think of at the moment.

YKargon

Spectator
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)? Well, I think they are both very well made and I can't really pick a favorite.

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)? In the forest I don't really have one: probably head in a direction and hope to find food. In the city, I like to find the houses with brick roofs and get the abundant chests.

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)? No.

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why? Not particularly, no.

Daniel Roberts

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Vareide and I am the creator of the Survival Games maps. Me and my awesome builders over at my server are currently working on Survivial Games 3.

Our goals with map number 3 is to make it both fun to play and make it very good looking. When we make these maps, we put a lot of work and thought in to how to make the map as balanced and fun to play. And we need your help to make sure they are as good as they can be!

So I have some questions for you guys, and if you have time I would love hear your thoughts.

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?

And by the way, my channel is running for King of the web! We are right now at 2. place and we would love your support by voting for us. It's completely free and you can vote 10 times a day.

http://kingofweb.com/users/vareide

ChadTheDJ: Please keep in mind that these questions are directed for the Survival Games MAPS, not our servers or our custom plugin! Anything feature requests relating to MCSG needs to be posted here. This is not a scam and sad that I had to add this but here is him linking this thread from his twitter.
I would very much like to help you on your SG3 map.

Balls0Steel

Spectator
Reaction score
Sup Vareide

Map 1 It is not to dense and not to open and it has a good amount of chests.It is a well balanced map.

run to one of the chests in the middle grab all u can and run a safe distance away and find some chests.

I think you should have a good amount of chests I think map 2 was a but short on chests.

I think you should be able to give one of the things you had when you were alive to a tribute when you die and become a spectator.

TailXephios

Spectator
Reaction score
Map 2 because of the church and it is fast pased.

Map 1: Head to the boat, if someone is there then head to the castle and bridge.

On map 1 Maybe take out the boat or put it somewhere far away from the spawn because there are to many chests in there.
On map 2 Maybe have two areas of pink houses so that it is more balanced because in every map 2 game I'm in 7-10 people rush to the pink houses first

Yes. Maybe add some way so that spectators can be like a sponsor and send things to tributes. This would make the survival games more realistic.

And good luck on map 3 :D

BBQ__12

Spectator
Reaction score
What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)?
1. I like map 2 cause it are harder to survive in if you dosent known where the chest are.

On map 1 I have a round there i find a tree with a chest in then i run down to the ship. on map 2 i run around to the chest i know

3. No

More traps and stuff that can kill you so it are even more harder to survive.

A last question to veriade..
Do you known anyone that are good at modding if you known someone why do you not ask him to make a mod to survival games?

A man that love survival games.

fulufu

Tribute
Reaction score
1.What is your favorite map and why?:My favorite map is map 1 because i like the nature and there is not too over-powered stuff in the middle
2.What is your best tactic when you play?: My best tactic is too find a route and go for that, then go to middle :D
3.Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanills version of SG
No, i like the maps just fine :)
4.Is there something you would like to be added to sg, and why?
If you are talking about the server, then yes. Take away the points, and show amount of victories insted.

Minerstrappi

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello,

Just saying, but I can't wait until the Survival Games 3!
Here's my opinion:
My favourite map is Survival Games 1, as the chests are way too scarce in Survival Games 2, and it is also too big, even though it looks way better.
In the Survival Games, I usually try to kill someone at the start, then find chests, which is how I won my only game.
I would like it if there were more interesting places to explore, like maybe epic caves or something...
Ditto on the last comment.

Fare thee well!

Gecko2101

Spectator
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)? survival games 2 because it is really fun to climb up all the buildings if you has tall stuff that you can climb that would make SG3 really good (to me)

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)? Well for SG1 i go for the cove but I that that makes it to easy to win and for SG2 the pink house with your grave has to much stuff in it but i still go for it.

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)? make it a lot harder to get stuff make the top armor leather or something

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why? make it harder!

Lamo2001

Spectator
Reaction score

Map 1 has to be the answer here, Its a nice layout through out the whole map, as its a large area you can easily get lost but with the little buildings and features you can locate yourself by these land marks. This map is also a better map for noobs to SG as chests are easier to locate and just stumble upon, unlike map 2 were you need to literary know there location or you can miss hundreds of chests. Also on map one you have more food sources through chickens and pigs, yes you have hundreds of mushrooms on map 2 but its hard to get a bowl most the time. when ever I'm running about with low food the only pigs and chickens I can find are outside the glass =[

On the first map I look to survive, leaving people to fight at the start to get the corn I move straight to the waterfall and grab the chests there, hoping for a fishing rod or a bowl to increase my chance to survive through the game. I move from island to island, and when its getting close to midnight I move to the corn, if no one is there then ill take the chests when they refill, or if there are people, I fall back to the ship.

Map 2 is similar in the way of Surviving, but I try to get some items from the corn at the start. Moving into the residential area getting chests as I go. Finding a bowl or a fishing rod as well (although fishing rods seem to hardly ever spawn in the chests on map 2). For midnight there is only one place were there are a group of chests unlike map one so I have to go to the center, climb a tree and hid there until midnight. If there is a group of people i try join them if not... well... LEEEEROOOOYYYY JEEENNKKKIIINNNSSS.... that's all I can say for that.

The aspect of 2 corns on the first map was awesome, you have the main corn which is always a fight but you can flee in many directions, but in the boat there is only one way in and one way out. This is a great aspect and love to see that back (as it wasn't in map 2).

Buildings on map 2 are very high, this also dose increase the lag in the game from "map loading" This aspect i think would be bad for the 120 player maps as it will already be laggy from the amount of players. I do love climbing the buildings and such, but I think its better to have a smoother game for 120 players

It would be awesome to have a player triggered traps. Say someone was camping the corn, if you could get to a button or leaver somehow (it would have to be a challenge to get there) then you could spawn some lava or set the trees around the corn on fire. But things like these would be amassing and bring a new incite to the way people play.

tomtiger333

Spectator
Reaction score
1. i prefer the second map beacouse it's so big and hard to navigate in, it makes a real challenge
2. surviving the first night on food from monsters and then search for weapons
3. make it so you con't get weapons from the chests in the center so people can actually get a chance of surviving the first night
4. make it so you can place beds and torches so you can make a night go by faster
but the game as it is is perfect for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci