• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Questions for you guys about Survival Games 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archfight

Spectator
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)?
Map 2 because it is very fun climbing around like a monkey on the buildings

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)?
Map 1: Walking around looking for chests on the edge of the map
Map 2: Walking around the city and climbing up most of the buildings

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?
Map 1: Less chests in the boat
Map 2: The crafting tables should be in more hard to get to places and puzzle traps in the buildings and if you survive the trap you get an award (example, chest with crafting table and furnace next to it)

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why?
Layers of floating islands with bridges connected to each other because that would make that people try kill each other to dominate and take other islands. Also the matches wouldn't take very long because most of the time you are in plane sight.

Kommodo

Spectator
Reaction score
Hey Vareide

I prefer the first map, because it seems somewhat easier to find chests. I also like that it seems like a compact map.

On the first map i usually go to the center and grab one chest. Then go on a chest route. By that time I start hunting down other tributes. On the second map I grab one chest from the center. After that i just try to find any chests I can

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?
Maybe try to add some challenges besides jumping puzzles. I have read some of the other replies and agree with them, such as westhead's.

Not that i can think of right now.

Hope this helps. :)

trolly96

Spectator
Reaction score

I like map 2, because i find it easier to know were to go (i often get lost on the first map)

First, I rush middle, then get a weapon and some more armor, and finally go back to the middle

You must remove the crafting table in the center to avoid center campers

More trapps, because that would make the game harder for those with full iron.

Blodir

Spectator
Reaction score

Survival Games 2. It's more action packed.

In the first map I run in a random direction, find chests and kill people until in the evening I try to find my way back.

In the second map I have a route which I follow, my friend takes a route close by and then we meet up for cornucopia.

Make it less cornucopia dependent.

Alchemy, I feel like ranged attack's aren't used enough. Adding potions of harming and healing would make combat more complex.

BlazeMaster

Career
Reaction score
1.My favorite map is the first one, even though theres a boat which i NEVER go to at the begining, i still almost always win at the first map.I love how the final 3 usally have the same items (full leather armor-excluding boots, and iron sword,food,and a bow. That way DM are uslally balanced. Plus it doesnt make me lag more :D
2.Um....i usally go for middle on both maps and then head to my route then to corn.
3.I HATE how theres enchanted items and potions. Fire swords make it so that person is most likely to win, a very big advantage. Potions are over powered.
4.( i understand u cant make an accuale conocopia because the only one side has an opening which would give some players an advantage.) I would like to see more chest at the cornocopia. For exxxample 3 layers of chest. Like a chest 5 blocks in front of the ocrn chest then one 5 blocking in forn of that one. The closer chest to the player only gives food. The one(this is simelar to the 48 slot maps)in the middle of the corn chest and the far chest would have things like gold,fishing rods, and food(on the secound map, since the corn provides gold, chain and iron, u could add leather armor in this chest).That is it, as always thxs for ur hard work and have a fair day xD :D

Mesohungry

Spectator
Reaction score
I adore the first map. It gives those who weren't so fortunate at the cornucopia (in terms of items) many chances to recover with supplies and food. Chests are widely spread and are abundant, letting almost everyone at least stand a chance. On the second map, however, you greatly endanger yourself by entering buildings, and the few chests outside of skyscrapers are swarmed by others. It makes getting good items at the cornucopia almost decisive of your survival. (Not as fun for 19-23 of the players)

Since I am abhorrently terrible at the games, I have yet to win a single game. I prefer to run for the cornucopia, and pick up lots of chests on my private route to the edge, from there, I circle around the arena. By the end of that, there are roughly 4 people left, I must merely wait for the final round. Survival isn't that hard for me; it's pvp.

I would like chests to be less clumped together in map 2. The village is a must if you weren't lucky at the beginning, and at least 7 people run there at the very beginning. Such a large concentration of chests creates a huge advantage to the 1 or 2 lucky people to arrive first.

The survival games, including both maps, are very, very fun and enjoyable. They can be a little stressful, but I see nothing needed to be modified (Besides my answer to your previous question). Thanks for making these amazing maps!

ivanstam13

Spectator
Reaction score
1. I prefer the second map, it has many chests an even if you haven't captured corn you can get very strong! I like the first map too but it has too much forest and its very annoying that mostly all players will go to the pirate ship. Becouse when you got something at corn on this map, and then capture the ship. You will probably win that game. With the second map, that is almost impossible, becouse you can just win from someone who took all the loot from the pink floored house just by setting up good route....

2. The best tactic for me is first getting preferably a weapon, some armor and if you're lucky a diamond from corn. Then follow your route and try to take all the chests before the other people are there. After that, you have hopefully killed some dudes, got some iron/chain/leather armor and preferable a dia/iron sword. Then just rush corn before chests refill. Then you will probably win :)

3. Maybe some of the chests at the ship can get removed, that's the only problem I discovered....

4. Maybe you can add some escape routes which are hard to follow... Becouse when i got chased, i can't find any cover and it takes several minutes till they killed me.

Greetz, globalinvader

scorplayer10

Spectator
Reaction score
1. I like map one because the chests are more frequent and it sees more like the Hunger Games.
2.My strategy on map one is to memorize where all the chests are and be the first to get to them. Map two i try to get as much food as possible and a weapon or two plus armor and explore buildings.
3.I think you should be able to find tnt in chests to make traps. Also you should be able to break dirt.
4.Enchantment tables like two every map.

TheMaik

Spectator
Reaction score
I like the 1st map. It's more open and easier to navigate around.

My strategy is to search for all the items i can get and if i meet up with players, i run away. Until i get a lot of stuff. Then i will attack other players, and sometimes i win with that strategy :>

well... Map 2 has too few chests, or too hidden. If you could add more chests that would be awesome!

In the 2nd map as i said, It's too hard to find chests for the noobs and maybe add some more chests in the buildings and some secret areas :D
In that map, i seem to always get lost and can't find anything, but i'm not saying it's a bad map. It's just hard to find stuff :p

NLErik

Spectator
Reaction score
The first, because that one isnt that hard if there's only 3 players left. ( it isnt that big as 2)

Find chests and kill the people who i can handle
A mountain or something , a big tower something like that.. and more secret rooms

an option to join a server with teams or just a server free for all

Good luck with the 3rd map, greetz form Holland.

neocdark

Spectator
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)? i thnk it is map 2 (the one with the high buildings)
because: i love high things and i love buildings more than the nature (in Minecraft of course)
i know some chests, i always run to the middle and then to the chests that i know
3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)? no...

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why? server with BIG maps like a mape with 90 people in with 4 spawn places..., just a **** of a big map, sorry if i may did write something wrong i am from holland, but i am happy if you can read it. ;) i did see a picture of the map you're working on, it seems cool. with the big moantain, i love it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci