• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Questions for you guys about Survival Games 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gortee

Spectator
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)?
I like the 2nd map because it looks a whole lot more complex, and the 1st map is just trees and some tron down castles.

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)?
I just like to hide from other players, so a very complex map would be nice.

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?
Perhaps, as I said above, you could add more complex areas, Such as a intact buildings with no mobs, but traps around every corner!

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why?
Definitely traps, but more than your average lave hole or spider webs. I mean explosions, bombs on a timer, and trap doors!

Thanks for reading!

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Stijn eh, I am giving up as most of the people are mixing with the servers and the maps. Actually I am loving the feedback as well for "us". However, we need to keep this on topic to what Vareide is looking for.

benjames100

Spectator
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of game play)?
My favorite map is map 2 because it has more vantage points and secrets

My tactic is to run to the village houses and loot as much as i can like a mofo

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?
Mabey biome traps if certain map and challenges or parkour for special items.

Sponsors cause it maybe helpful and you'll feel nice someone is rooting for you.

-benjames100

choe220

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Vareide and I am the creator of the Survival Games maps. Me and my awesome builders over at my server are currently working on Survivial Games 3.

Our goals with map number 3 is to make it both fun to play and make it very good looking. When we make these maps, we put a lot of work and thought in to how to make the map as balanced and fun to play. And we need your help to make sure they are as good as they can be!

So I have some questions for you guys, and if you have time I would love hear your thoughts.

And by the way, my channel is running for King of the web! We are right now at 2. place and we would love your support by voting for us. It's completely free and you can vote 10 times a day.

http://kingofweb.com/users/vareide

ChadTheDJ: Please keep in mind that this is only for the Survival Games MAPS, not our servers and our custom plugin! Anything relating to MCSG need to be posted here.
strait up desert

SomeMugger

Survivor
Reaction score
I prefer the 2nd map, since there tend to be hotspots where other players are likely to be found in the lategame -- Corn, the pink house, the outer crafting chests, etc. These exist on the 1st map too of course, but corn to a lesser degree due to the inherent flatness of the playing field, no gear being better in any one chest than another (on US servers).

The 2nd map has a much better setup for varied, interesting combat, with more than just endless trees and ocean. The relative openness also makes the games more lively as there isn't as much mucking about forever in the forest trying to find other people.

My main strategy is to loot as much as possible, while hunting down players with better gear or specific bits I need whenever I think there is a significant chance I could win the fight. I tend to patrol high frequency areas to cut down on searching and get right to the killing.

Redstone should be fixed. There are some really interesting puzzles and traps that are simply broken as the redstone doesn't reset. This may seem like a plugin issue, but I could conceive of a workaround where each redstone contraption is a one-off, say clearing its circuits with a water flow when triggered. This would then reset properly and would be free to be enjoyed by players in the next match.

I also think there should be some reward for the harder to reach chests, say the ones on top of skyscrapers on the 2nd map or the one in the underwater lava room that requires precarious vine jumping on the 1st map. Whether this means more than one chest clumped there, or just better loot there, does not matter -- as it is, there is little incentive to go after tricky/time consuming chests when there are plenty of others more readily accessed.

A separate arena area specifically for deathmatch, with natural hazards. This was a feature suggestion I saw very recently, that would really make it more interesting than a 60 countdown to see who has the better gear and almost always wins. Lava, pressure plate triggered dispensers, a defensible archer's roost -- you name it, any variety would really spice up the deathmatch instead of having it as a gear show-and-tell.

Gamon

Spectator
Reaction score
1.-I liked both maps, but i prefer map 1's gameplay and map 2's arena
2.- my favorite tactic is to get a weapon fast and then run, hide, survive and fight

Galadrieal

Spectator
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of game play)?
My favorite is the city map because there are more places to hide, easier places to gain advantages and it's easier to navigate and I don't get lost. While I do enjoy the forest map, I just get lost too easily.

City - I rush the corn to get items and then run to the hospital to get the chest at the top. If I'm not in an alliance, I cut the vines leading to the roof and since it's normally sunset by the time I get there, I stay the night. Once the chest have refilled, I loot the ones in the area of the hospital and rush the corn. Normally gets me in the top 3.

Forest - I rush the corn for items, then run for the ship and loot the chests there. After that, I wait for night to fall and get the the corn just before the chests refill. I grab the items there and then go around the map finding other tributes and chests.

More traps for both maps would be nice. Give more danger to fear rather than the mobs and the tributes (while both dangerous in their own rights). Also, maybe an easier way to navigate the forest map. It's easy to get lost on that one.

Maybe a feature where selected spectators can act as sponsors, like those who already donate to the site or have a score above a certain point. I think that would be an awesome feature.

Good luck and I can't wait to play on the new map!

Juhoton

Spectator
Reaction score
1. i like both.
2. run to middle and loot good armor and weapon and then go seach some good secret places .
3.nothing its perfect.
4.little better stuff in the chest that you found because its always that spawn chests are the best place to get good armor.

TCOMC

Spectator
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)?Map 2 i like the theme of the buildings and its give's more of a challenge and u can actually find diamond there

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)?:Run to the middle then to the sun on map 2,and 1 i run to middle then boat!

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?:Yes less tress more burned tress like some naked and some not!

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why?:yes more city maps but like villages,towns,city,states.etc

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
Maybe a feature where selected spectators can act as tributes, like those who already donate to the site or have a score above a certain point. I think that would be an awesome feature.
Do you mean "rejoin" the game?

2themax23

Spectator
Reaction score
I like Map because it is mostly balanced due to the lack of iron armor keeping it more skill than a treasure hunt.

My best tactic is to stick with 1 or 2 friends and go on the outskirts of the map and come back to the cornocopia at nightfall to get the sponser refills.
I think the items need to be more ballanced like the fire aspect stone sword was outragous, not your best idea.
More scatred chests like in the games i know a spot with 5 chests just waiting making it to easy and not skill related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci