• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Questions for you guys about Survival Games 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow_Breaker96

Spectator
Reaction score
1. My favorite map is the first one because you just cant beat the classics. Its so fun, and balances a nice level of what a real hunger games would look like and a nice minecraft pvp. The second is good too, don't get me wrong but i like the first one better.

2. My best tactic is to run in grab one chest, and then run out, hitting the various chests around the map.Once i have relatively good equipment, i will start to stalk people, and head back to the center.

3. I wish you could make it so that getting the center chests does not guarantee you a victory. I've played on these servers and if you get all or most of the center items, you are really stacked and can just go around murdering people with no worry.

4. I wish you could add some sort of sponsor system, but to make it in a way to limit people, so one person doesnt get all the items, or someone doesnt give to good of an item.

Thank you!! I love what you are doing! :)

ParkerC97124

Spectator
Reaction score
I like the first map the most because on the 2nd map, teams camp out at the cornicopia and get full iron armor and diamond swords. But the chests ont the outside only have leather armor and stone/ wooden swords, so if you dont deafeat the team in the center, you bassically lose. However, on the first map, all of the chests have equal stuff, so if you dont go to the corn, you still can win, as long as you have some leather/Gold armor, (mabye even iron armor) and a sword.3 of my victories are on the first map, and i miracoulasly got first once on the second map,SO MAKE THE 3RD MAP LIKE THE 1ST MAP (Chestwiwse) PLZ!!!

Will Webb

Spectator
Reaction score
1. Map 1: It's an epic map since it really brings out the theme of a Hunger Games arena; an arena filled with traps, ruins and tributes. The reason why Map 2 isn't my fave is because I lag too much on it and I generally am one of the first people to get killed on it -_-
2. Map 1: Pure EPIC chest-hunting survival, I try to survive for as long as possible, by-passing traps and finding as many chests as I can while hoping I run into a tribute. Map 2: I suicidally attack everyone around me knowing that I'll die but I wouldn't be able to survive long thanks to the amount of lag I get on Map 2.
3. Probably needs more survival elements and less: ARRRR BLACKBEARD TEH PIRATE LARR DEE DARR DEE HARR and more puzzles, ruins, challenges, parkour, secrets and less trapping traps. All traps should kill the player since its annoying when someone falls down a hole, can't get back out so instead of committing suicide, they go AFK and go grab a soda and watch TV while all the spectators want them to die.
4: MOAR PARKOUR!! MANY MANY MOAR PARKOURS!! And better redstone traps, not puzzles, but better TRAPS, so not just suffocation traps especially with the 1.3 update coming up (hopefully soon) you'll be able to make tripwires and upside-down levers in the maps creating equally more challenging traps/puzzles.

GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR.

le_spy

Spectator
Reaction score
Hi Vareide,

I'd like to start by saying well done for the two brilliant maps you've made so far! The whole concept adds a new dimension to multiplayer on Minecraft.

1. What is your favorite map and why? The second map certainly looks the best, with a lot to explore, but the first one I find is a fairer game, with more likelihood of running into other players and more chance for players to find good loot other than what's in the middle.

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)? I usually run to the middle, grab whatever I can then run off to find some more chests. It's all about playing solo, and getting the right equipment to be able to beat someone else and take theirs too.

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG? It always seems to me whoever wins the rush at the start gets all the good stuff in the cornucopia and can then wait there until the refill to take the rest. You could make the middle slightly less valuable by reducing the amount of chests, or placing larger amounts of loot elsewhere in the maps.

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why? More traps. To me the game is currently about who can reach the most chests the fastest. If more traps were included the tables would turn slightly. The use of player-controlled traps would be brilliant too.

One further suggestion for your next map would to have the cornucopia inaccessible at the start of the game, and require unlocking from another location in the map, this would force players to explore elsewhere and start on a more equal footing. Getting things from the cornucopia would then be a reward for smart tactics and good gameplay rather than luck.

I'm looking forward to the next map! Good luck and good work!

rock100010000

Spectator
Reaction score
1. Map 1 because there are a lot more places to hide near spawn and more balanced
2. get on a good team
3.harder to get to the good stuff like the blaze eggs
4. A desert map where it is hard to find anything and there are not many places to hide so you can force fights and less items like the blaze eggs because they make the servers WAY too laggy

Extractor

Spectator
Reaction score
1. I love the first one because:
  • Its the most classic to the actual Hunger Games it was based on
  • The land looks amazing and much different from the actual Minecraft Generation Code
I love the second one because:
  • Its the most interesting, and has lots more places to explore/hide/and make tactical attacks.
  • Its larger
2. I love to be sneaky, and get up high on a building to perch and stealthily attack.

3. I think its fine. Maybe some more chests.

4. I would love to see more giant mountains, lakes, and maybe a volcano in the next one. :)

ladyfiaragc

Spectator
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)?
My favorite map is the forest map. It quite a bit more balanced. It's a lot harder to get iron armor so everyone usually has around the same amount of gear. (City wouldn't be so bad if diamond wasn't in it. The person who gets the diamond sword wins, end of story.)

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)?
City - Run for the corn; grab what I can (if anything); run for the pink house, then across the water towards those chests. (however I don't usually stay alive long enough to do so unless I'm grouped)
Forest - Go for corn; then out to the double towers, on to the broken house in the water, then the chests out along that area. Fish until nightfall and wait for the refills, and pray the good loots be with me.

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?
City - No diamonds what so ever.
Forest - More mushrooms or more saplings to fall from trees to cook meat with. Also more landmarks along the side of the forest that isn't covered with water. (I almost always get lost over there lol )

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why?
The only thing I can think of that would help make the game play itself better is teleporting people back to the corn quicker. 60 minutes is a long time to wait if the other people are stuck in a hole somewhere, or locked in a room. (city has a few holes that you can fall into and get stuck. If they have food they're almost guaranteed to be one of the last standing.)

Funk_Biscuit

Spectator
Reaction score

Forest map; balanced chest locations.

Forest: Corn, then chest route to island house, then a chest route off that; finish the route as chests respawn, regrab them, then head for corn again.
City: Corn, gold house/pink house, church

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?

City: Chest placement. The simple suburb area rewards much more with less risk. The downtown area is a death sentence and has little to no reward inside the towers.

4.Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why?

Better hacking guards, course, if that could be done it probably would have been.

byroncc

Spectator
Reaction score
1. I like map number 1 the most because You can Hide in the trees at night and Kill Or Gather Things at day

2. My tactic on map 1 : Go to the Middle And Try To get a Sword Than I go to the Big tree Close to the cornucopia and get the Stuff out of it Than I go Straight To the Old Abbandoned Tower For the 2 chestes over there
i have no tactic on map 2

3. A new Texture Pack Like Spiders Are the Dogs at the end of the movie

4. More Chest Spots Protected Whit Mines 1 deep Covered Whit Grass And Trees

TheDSMGames

Spectator
Reaction score
Map 1, because it is simple and I just dislike how 'urban' the second one seems to feel while playing.

Hide and survive lol

Maybe less chests in the spawn, but more spread around the world

I think more 'less obvious' traps would be a good idea, and maybe more varied terrain, it all seems to be either some sort of big building, water, mountains or forest, maybe vary it to some flat land here and there and like 'Extractor' said maybe a volcano :D

Quazyx

Spectator
Reaction score
I prefer the first map. It seems more natural to me and I feel like it is more a hungergamesmap as it supose to be. In my opinion is the first map more balansed, it contains more surprises and chests. The new map is a little chaotic and much harder to play. I find the second map less cool because it has all this buildings with no destination or attractive decoration.

I don't really have a tactic for the second map, because i don't know the map so well. I always try to grap some stuff in the middle of the arena and then I hide and search for chest. After a while, when it gets dark, I get back to the middle of the arena. If there is noone, then I stay there and try to win the game. If there is someone who seems stronger then me, I run away and just try to survive as long as possible.

I hope that the second map can be changed a little. More redstone traps, chests and other suprises:)

Nope, I really think you did a great job! Thank you so much and keep going the good work!

- Quazyx
(Sorry for my bad english;)

Twix3213

Spectator
Reaction score
  1. My favorite map is map 1 because it is easier to find items and survive with animals being around and all plus there is no climbing up huge buildings hoping to find a chest in a dark room with mobs.
  2. My tactic is to run away from people and build up my armor and weapons.
  3. I would like to be able to open doors and go through blocks while being a spectator.
  4. I would like to see more hidden chest like in map 1 where you have to perform an action to get to the chest (I.E. Riddles). A more mountainous terrain would be fun to hide and if you could build huts to hide in overnight, that would be much more fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci