• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Questions for you guys about Survival Games 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felix Griffin

Tribute
Reaction score
1) The first map. I like the varying terrain, and all the different areas you can go to. Also, fewer daytime mobs.

2) Get as much as I can from the cornucopia, then run and hide.

3) A different cornucopia design, which would be harder to camp, would be nice.

4) I'd like to see potions and brewing stands added to the game.

Keep up the great mapping, Vareide!

SeanyGlass

Spectator
Reaction score
Why are so many people putting server suggestions under questions 3? Everybody knows chest content is controlled by the plugins, right...

Anyway, on to the questions.

1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)?

My favorite map is probably the forest. I'm not exactly sure why, but I think it's mainly because of the boat and not getting traped in the 5 chest cellar.
2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)?
Team up, follow a set route, go to cornucopia every night. This is the only way I've ever won city map since the first time I ever played it, and I do good on the forest with that strategy (emitting the team up.)

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?
On the forest map, I would like a better cornucopia, and on the city map It'd be awesome to be able to travel above ground between the different buildings.

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why?
Way more maps. The 2 maps are awesome, but as you will know if you read the books, there were more than 70 maps in the hunger games. plus, It'd be really awesome to have to figure out lots of different maps. It would require people to really adapt quickly to the new maps, and I think that would be really fun.

Paul54

Spectator
Reaction score
I prefer the second map because not only is it much vaster so is more fun to explore but it also has less mobs spawning (Not sure if that's a plugin or because the second map is more lit up).
I usually run to the cornucopia to get one chest and then I run to my usual place (The first map I go to f:0 and on the second map I go to the power plant) and get the chests that I know of on the way. I then collect apples from leaves or fish for fish while waiting for the chests to refill.
3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?
I think the only improvement is getting a plugin that allows you to place cake or set things on fire. Because otherwise these items are pointless in the cornucopia.
I would like the plugin stated above to be added and you could have one server with Balkins Weapons mod so the weapons are more varied and truer to the original games. Another addition could be spectators being able to see what's in chests but not being able to take from them.

Snarferman

Spectator
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)?: The Forest Map

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)?: Hiding and sneaking up on people

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?: I'd like there to be muffins :3

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why?: Maybe, small hints to where the chests are?

P.S. could i maybe be in survival games 3...if thats alright.....if thats okay with you...

Dark FQ

Spectator
Reaction score
Survival games 1, because the chests are not hard to find and always filled, I also like it because it is less hard to find people. And Survival games 1 is just a beautiful map. I am now making my own survival games map, but it won t be as good as your survival games map.

First I jump sprint to the middle and try to take some loot. My priotity loot in survival games 1 and 2 are weapons (swords) but than there is a diffrence in survival games 1 will my next loot be armor in survival games 2 it is food. If someone is trying to run to the same chest I smash him backwards so he won t open my chest. After I took my loot I am going to hide after a tree and looking for the people in the spawn. If I have a sword I wait when everyone is looking for the chests and I do immediatly a surprise atack. When I killed them I check for some more loot and after that I will look for a home to survive the night. In survival games 1 it is the sea or a dungeon with the secret code. In survival games 2 almost everytime a good lighted home with door. I am very alert for names if I see a name I will jump on the roof (in survival games 2) and try to hunt the guy down (I sneak). In survival games 1 I will camp.

I hope to see more underground stuff. But I am already useing this on my almost finished sruvival games map.

I hope you can see other spectators when you are dead. Or something else than watching some people camp.

I aslo voted on you for King of the web.

I will release my survival games map after 1.3 because I deffinitly going to use tripwires.

Mosqueril_NInja7

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello Vareide,

The best map is the abandoned city one, simply because of the exploration. What you might need to remember for your third map is the terms of amplitude and land. I think lots of space and not to many lakes should be added. In the third map if you want to make it even more Hunger Gameish please consider doing these types of arenas: (copy pasted from the Hunger Games Wiki)

50th Hunger Games Edit

The 50th annual Hunger Games' arena was spectacular. It also held a big, beautiful meadow, with flowers, streams, pools, birds and a picturesque mountain and sharp, jagged rocks. But everything was lethal. The tributesof this Games had to face harmless-looking squirrels which were in fact carnivorous; the picturesque mountain that was actually a volcano; flowers that squirted poison into your face; pink birds with skewer-like beaks that killed Maysilee Donner and dehydration due to the fact that the only sources of water that weren't toxic were from the bounty at the Cornucopia or rainfall. Haymitch Abernathy used the force field around the arena to stay alive and win the second Quarter Quell. When only he and another tribute were left she threw an axe at him but hit the forcefield instead, causing it to bounce back and hit her in the head. This made Haymitch Abernathy the victor.
69th Hunger GamesEdit

the 69th hunger games victor is unknown but in the movie it is said the map in the 69th hunger games was a burning Desert. It Must be a rare for the game's arena to be a Tundra or a Desert.
70th Hunger GamesEdit

The 70th Hunger Games' arena included a dam that was broken during the games, by a earthquake to wipe out many of the tributes. The dam was flooded because the Gamemakers thought that the Games were getting too "boring". Most of the tributes died because they drowned, but Annie Cresta, the strongest swimmer, survived and won the Hunger Games.
75th Hunger Games Edit

Main article: 75th Hunger Games arena
This arena is very small, and circular in shape, which tips Wiress off to the set-up of the clock mechanism. A powerful force-field surrounded it, and the Cornucopia lies in the middle of the arena, its tail pointing in the direction of the 12th hour, and it was surrounded by water and spokes that hold the tributes as they are first raised into the arena. The trees contained in the arena are full of the only water that can be consumed safely, which has to be extracted by a spile, or by hacking at the bark.
Other arenasEdit

Some other arenas are mentioned but it is unknown in which Hunger Games they appeared:
  • Frozen tundra - Katniss said that these Games were a little boring because most tributes froze to death.
  • Desert - Atala mentioned this in the film of The Hunger Games that five years ago, it was a burning desert. So it was most likely the 69th Hunger Games.
  • Rubble - These Games were shown in The Hunger Games film and were built on the ruins of an abandoned city.
  • The year that Titus, the District 6 male tribute, went savage and resorted to cannibalism. An avalanche then killed him, which may have been started by the Gamemakers.
  • Scrub terrain - Katniss mentioned this year had many boulders and scruffy bushes. She said that most tributes died from bites from venomous snakes or they went insane from thirst.
I hope it helps! (please follow me on twitter @Mosqueril)

enderoflife

Spectator
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)? I like the one with all of the buildings (not sure which one that is) because there are more ways to hide, a clearer way to look around, and more tactics to be employed.

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)? I haven't played much in the maps, so I don't know what works best.

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)? It's a bit hard to find gear, even if you know where chests are there's usually nothing of use. I don't see an issue with the surplus of bad gear since you can only equip 1 slot at a time, but there's usually nothing.

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why? More usable minecart tracks or other little tricks to move great distances faster or easier. Also some more interesting building designs, something more special about them.

ikoiko123

Spectator
Reaction score
SG2 is my favorite, because i know where i am at pretty much all times. In SG1 i get very lost and there are very few landmarks.

SG2: Loot the houses in the village and kill tributes until night, take the corno before chests get re-stocked.
SG1: Run around like a maniac killing people and looting cause i have no idea where the hell i am.

I would like you to have some chests that are VERY hard to get to and have very good loot. Me and a friend climbed all the way to the top of the tallest tower via vines and there was a fishing pole and flint in it. I would like chests like this to yield very good loot.

I would like some sort of mod or plugin that makes tributes have a harder time just surviving. Like in the actual hunger games with the forest fires and wild dogs and Good.

Mrs_Unicorn

Spectator
Reaction score
Map 1 because it is very easy for beginners like me who just want to get into the swing of things.

RUN. Just run and grab anything on the way o a good hiding spot.

No not really, i like it the way it is now.

When we start the games, some people lag out and are very mad. Kinda like me. So i thought maybe, if we lag out or run out of memory, they should be able to log back into the game without having to be a spectator. Maybe a window of 2 minutes to log back in, after the games has started of course, they just spawn at the corn and they have to fend for themselves. Just a thought.

tank 102599

Spectator
Reaction score
1.) I really like the second map you made for a few reasons. (abandoned city). I truely enjoy all the details that went into this. In terms of gameplay, I like how it can be a strategy or straigt forward type of game. You can duck and cover behind all the houses and head away from the middle. There are also many "choke" points. These are like the tall buildings and those spots. Many people fight there, and for a good reason. It has an overview of everything. The map is also very balanced. I could play on this all day. I got here via the Yogscast, a popular youtube channel that does minecraft. All in all, a very good, balanced map with everything incorporated.

2.) On the first map, i mainly try to get what i can and duck away. Since im not familiar with it as much, ill usually team up with others. On the ssecond, i get what i can from the middle, head to the pink house, and then to the obsidian tower. Once some leave, i may head for the hidden vault in the bank because i know the combo. Then i basically go around collecting all the mushrooms i can. I also try to get my hand on the bow and arrows, simply because its a big map.

3.) if there was one thing to change on the maps, make them easier to navigate, moreso the first one. All the details and hidden spots are amazing. Those are amazing. All in all, i like maps the same size as the second and all the hidden chests and puzzles as the first.

4.) I would like to see more puzzles and a little more redstone, but not tons. A balanced mix would be nice. Just functionallity. thats what makes it good. its similar to the phrase "its the small things in life that make it better." so good job to Vareide and his team and good luck with the third!!!

ninja_assasin911

Spectator
Reaction score
I like the first map because it is well balanced in terms of items. In the second map if you control the middle you get a diamond sword and always win.

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)? When it starts mye and my alliance rush the middle and take everything we can. Then we share the loot then split up and kill everyone else then have a free-for-all in the middle.

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?Yes, there are some redstone rooms that do not work. In the second map there is the room with the combo lock. I figured out the combination but after the door opens the next door does not. i have went into single player and looked at the redstone and it was not connected in a few places. I found this problem with a few different redstone contraptions.

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why?I would like a map to looks like the second map but is balanced well like the first one. I love the buildings in the second map but unless you have a diamond sword you will probably lose.

Jdog127

Spectator
Reaction score
-I prefer Map Two, because the games generally last less long and it's much easier to navigate and know where you are
-On Map One, one of the best tactics is to rush the boat, but usually only do so if you have a team. Many people go after it(ignoring the center chests) and getting there first is extremely important. 4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why?
-I think a big problem with the way the games work is that when you get down to just a few people, games can take forever to end. There needs to be some sort of way to bring the tributes together after a certain timeframe, or when there are a certain amount of tributes left. Perhaps some sort of way to make "events" that force players to move towards the center area. Possible ideas: Fire, Lightning, Excessive Mobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci