• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Questions for you guys about Survival Games 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

pamplemousse45

Spectator
Reaction score
1. Map 1 (the forest) as there are more places to hide and secret places to explore! And an enchanting table.

2. Run for the centre, explore the map to get kills and items, then return to the middle for nightfall to get the refilled chests!

3. For it to be more like the book, so there are various landscapes, like rivers, forest, hills etc. Also for there to be dispensers filled with fire charges in areas that might be popular for campers to get them out of there >:D

4. A plugin that makes you lose hunger by being thirsty, so you have to find water sources to get water, also for there to be a chance for good armour and weapons to spawn in chests outside of the middle.

Skunkbird1337

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello, these are my answers:
1. I like the 1st one better because it is bigger and easier in my opinion to find chests.
2. I usually go for a chest in the cornercopia, get whatever i can, then run away and look for chests, avoiding anyone unless I'm better armed then them.
3. Nothing, i really love them both, I don't want anything to change
4. Maybe add more spawns for more players, like 64 or 128.
Thank you for reading this

Shadow Cain

Spectator
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)?
I honestly don't prefer either map, although I suppose I like the realistic 'ruined' look to the second map. Gives it a more exciting feeling.
2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)?
Map 1: I usually team-up at the start and try to control the centre. If no teams are available, I look around for a fishing rod and sword, then island hop until around the last 6 or so.

Map 2: I immediately head for the nearest chests (not in the centre) then wait it out high up a building until I feel safe to enter the fray.
3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?
Nothing in particular actually, no.

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why?
Two things actually.

1) Some sort of system whereby the chests appear in different locations each game to stop veterans getting the upperhand.

2) A system whereby killed players can choose to 'sponsor' someone, giving them small bonuses like a health boost or an average weapon

soccertreats

Spectator
Reaction score
1. my fav. is 1# it is most realistic. Also it is balanced out. I too enjoy the out in the wild feeling.2.well my team dashes for corn and me and my other three allys go to bridge. (these ones i talk to over phone) then one goes for parkour challenge, i go for last hump on bridge, and the other goes to ruins. Then the other guys meet up or if they don't make it fast enough we leave.(ik that i did not choose ship it is just everyone gets that first). Then we go to house ruins nearby. Then we return towards spawn and sometimes make it there and collect sponsor stuff. After that we venture off.3.I think that we should expand. Also maybe we could break blocks and mine. I like the idea of expanding more though by a lot.4. I think you should email some people permission to be sponsors as long as they stay invisible, otherwise the SG games are great.

Tiger_Lillye

Spectator
Reaction score
The second one because it provides so many places to explore, hide out, and it just gives a better experience with the size and theme of it all.
I usually do not head for the cornucopia because thats where everyone goes. I usually try and head to a place where I've been before where I know chests will be.
3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?
I think there should be more helpful items in chests, like swords and armor, and definitely food, not feathers and sticks. I can see why you would want them to make swords and arrows but I never find the time or place to actually craft things.

I feel like there should be sponsors for participants. If you die while in game play, you can become a sponsor for one person. But each sponsor is only allowed to give a limited number of items to a person, and they cannot give things like diamond armor/tools, lava, or other unfair items. They could give 3 steaks or leather armor or fishing rod, etc.

MeadowLarke

Spectator
Reaction score
I really like the city map because there are more places to hide and explore. The forest map is almost a little too plain for me.
Just run until no one is following me. Then I try to find chests.
Maybe more passive mobs? Or a more complex forest? Or add NPC villagers to the city?
Traps would definitely be cool. Like something that started a fire or drowned you if you stepped on it.

daxy10

Spectator
Reaction score
I do a fair bit better on the city map, in general, but I like the forest more. Both require cleverness, but the first map requires quick thinking and guile, which makes the whole thing more fun.

Generally, after I play a map several times, I memorize two or three 'strings' of chests. These strings must be: multiple (preferrably three or more), close physically, and quickly accessible but difficult to find. By getting one of these, one can almost be guarenteed a sword, food, and a bit of armor.

Although it would weaken my play style and similar ones, perhaps make close together chests (non-corn) slightly weaker. It would give newer players a fair chance, as experienced players couldn't find a chest and then continue to hit every round, thereby acquiring means to do away with newbies before they can ever learn about the map.

Four things mainly. First, more complex and abundant traps, that are perhaps escapable or survivable. Second, more underground-type places. A shady (not necesarily dark) environment ups the pressure a little bit. And the feeling of tracing or being traced in the second map's sewer is truly one of the most fun things on that map. Puzzles are fun, so I really hope you continue with those, although perhaps make them require more brains (like the item ID puzzle on the first map) rather than chancing upon a lever. Finally, it says in the rules players may use blocks put in chests. It would make it so much more fun to get TNT or even a lava bucket. Something that adds more depth and realism to the game.

Hope you read this!

Daxy

TheMinecraftPerson

Experienced
Reaction score
I like the 1st one best because it seems more related to the Hunger Games. I liked both, but I prefer the 1st.

I don't play that much, but I go for the middle chests, grab what I can as quickly as possible, and run out of the middle. From there, it's pretty much staying away from everybody & finding food, weapons, etc, until closer to the end, when I go & kill people.

I can't think of any.

I've noticed other people have said this, too. More traps would be nice, and some chests that are hidden better.

Hope I could help. You're awesome, love the survival games, and keep up the good work. :) :p ;) :D

XShoopDaWhoopX

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello!

So I have some questions for you guys, and if you have time I would love hear your thoughts.

Well, I like the city map more. the first map is just too open, not enough structures.

get to corn, then go to my routes. Always return to corn afterwards.
I think more chests in the cornucopia would be helpful, and no chest hubs (Pirate ship, freefallfun's House); These detract from gameplay because its easy to know if you get there its like a mini-cornucopia. Also, Like i said, more structures. map 2 is great for that.
Maybe more traps, or maybe some more secret things (Code doors? Maybe randomized code doors?)

Pakpuk_killer

Spectator
Reaction score
My favorite map is number 2. becuse it is more exiting to run around in a broken city.

In map 1 i take so many chests i can on the bridge and then i hide

In map 1 i always goes lost cause evrything looks exactly like. So it would be better if some of the trees looked different of the others.

i think it would be great if it was more trees in map 2. and like a map 3 i want the a arena that looks exactly like the arena that works like a clock in the second book. And if you dont know what mean read the books. :)

ALL_CAPS_KING

Tribute
Reaction score
1. the city map for its need to create a plan of action

2. on SG1 its to rush the cobble bridge then back to the boat|SG2 its to go to Free for alls house (hitting some chests on the way)

3.less diamonds in the chests so the others would have a chance

4. maybe some classes like archer- with a bonus with bows, or swordsman-with sword bonus ect.

Richard Nelson

Spectator
Reaction score
1. map two it goes faster and there are more chests making it alot more fun to duel people instead of killing unarmed foes.
2. the best tactic i use is i memorize chest positions, then i capture a certain area of the map feeding off of those chests, or i head to the spawn and take those.
3. no nothing
4. Add servers where its 12 teams of two instead of everyone for themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci