• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Removal Of Friend Rank

Should Friend Rank Have Been Removed? Explain!

• Yes

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • No

Votes: 71 84.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
I am issuing a final warning to the flame taking place in this thread. If we can't be civilized then the thread will be locked.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
All the ex-mods (now have platinum donor) said it themselves RC. I don't think you understand. I would appreciate if you brought your fanboys to the thread as well as being VIP and Hive SG wasn't made to compete with you. But they are buddy. Your only looking at it from one perspective. I've played on multiple communities and this one is by far the worst. So MCSG does what it does best, If MCSG were have not to removed a pink name.
I'm only trying to say that the removal of the rank is not an attempt to be like Hive. They had other reasons to remove the rank, it wouldn't make sense to remove it solely to be like Hive.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
I'm only trying to say that the removal of the rank is not an attempt to be like Hive. They had other reasons to remove the rank, it wouldn't make sense to remove it solely to be like Hive.
exactly why would MCGamer choose to be exactly like another server on something like this with the way ex staff get a perm rank ? It's because that is not the case :) As you say it would be down to other reasons

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
Seriously guys this is getting out of hand... I honestly believe friend was removed due to it being too common. It used to be something special but it quickly got highly common (sort of like VIP is) Also guys the way I remember it is that the ranks had numerical numbers to them with 1-4 being member to diamond, this made friend rank 5, mod 6, sr mod 7 admin 8 and dev 9 (chad has a custom admin rank i believe) This means that there was simply no room so my guess is that friend was removed to allow platinum to be moved in.
Yes, the ranks were numerical, but that doesn't really affect anything. Platinum was still added when friend rank was around. The numbers can easily be renumbered to your liking. It was removed because too many were getting it, nobody really knew what the requirements were for getting the rank, it just appeared without approval.
What should have happened, instead of creating all of this drama, chad should have acted when the rank first came if he didn't want it. Instead, it grew into the community and now it was just taken away and causing drama everywhere.

All the ex-mods (now have platinum donor) said it themselves RC. I don't think you understand. I would appreciate if you brought your fanboys to the thread as well as being VIP and Hive SG wasn't made to compete with you. But they are buddy. Your only looking at it from one perspective. I've played on multiple communities and this one is by far the worst. So MCSG does what it does best, If MCSG were have not to removed a pink name.
Not all ex mods were given platinum, several didn't, including myself. Heck some got VIP.
Next time read My post, this made you look kinda dumb. You had no idea what you u were saying. Also I said MCGS will be the knockoff of Hive if this keeps up. I know who Chad is, I've been playing this game since Beta. *facepalm* at your post dude. Why are we talking about Chad? Totally irrelevant. Comment something that makes sense. Why are you going against when in your thread they deserve the rank. Wtf are you. A human being, or nah? It's blatently obvious that your trying to get friend rank back. So stop arguing like wtf xD
Just because the rank was removed, does not mean that they will become a knockoff of another community. There are so many communities that only offer their highest donor to retired staff members. Hive and MCG are two completely different communities. Each have their own system. No one is "knocking off" the other.
Your comments make sense however I was under the impression that the retired staff were going to get a different rank. Maybe platinum or a new rank but I always thought their would be one. Correct me someone?
It is unknown what we will get. All we know it will take a few weeks before it's finished.

E

EagleMan

Next time read My post, this made you look kinda dumb. You had no idea what you u were saying. Also I said MCGS will be the knockoff of Hive if this keeps up. I know who Chad is, I've been playing this game since Beta. *facepalm* at your post dude. Why are we talking about Chad? Totally irrelevant. Comment something that makes sense. Why are you going against when in your thread they deserve the rank. Wtf are you. A human being, or nah? It's blatently obvious that your trying to get friend rank back. So stop arguing like wtf xD
1) Ok, you've played the game since Beta, good on you. But look at the day you joined the forums, and the amount of messages. June 12 2013 and 53 post does not show me that you have nearly as much knowledge about the Hive and the Friend Rank as much as me or RC_4777.
2) I mentioned Chad once. It's not like I wrote a whole paragragh on him.
3) I continued on my opinion after ridiculing your claims of MCG being a knockoff of The Hive. I was not in any way arguing against you.
4) Please do not comment on this thread if you are going to keep flaming everyone.
Have a nice day :)

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
Not all ex mods were given platinum, several didn't, including myself. Heck some got VIP.
Regarding the VIP the reason theses mods were given VIP is due to map building not because of them being ex staff :)

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
It's interesting to see the noticeable amount of users mentioning the removal of friend rank was largely an effort to stop users from applying to become a moderator, only to resign a short time later to subsequently receive a friend rank.

As a former Sr. Staff member, I most definitely took part in discussions regarding a recently resigned ex-mod's eligibility to receive friend rank. For the longest time I can remember, the friend rank was given on a case-by-case basis. Let's say a user named Steve was a moderator and resigned. Here's what a typical checklist for the deciding Sr. Staff members would be based on:

-How long was he a staff member?
-How many kicks did he give?
-How many tempbans/bans did he give?
-How many infractions/warnings did we have to give him during his time as a moderator?
-Did he do anything extraordinary/above the call of duty?

After that, we'd simply decided if that user deserved it or not. As such, I don't personally think the "to prevent users from applying just to ultimately get friend rank" idea is valid. I understand it, but, given the above, it just doesn't make sense.

I definitely think there is a unknown reason behind the sudden, abrupt removal of the rank. Whatever it may be, I think it's best to hear what the staff have to say first before judging them. I do, however, agree that a notice beforehand letting current friend-rank users know about the upcoming removal.

AMidgit4Lyfe

Tribute
Reaction score
1) Ok, you've played the game since Beta, good on you. But look at the day you joined the forums, and the amount of messages. June 12 2013 and 53 post does not show me that you have nearly as much knowledge about the Hive and the Friend Rank as much as me or RC_4777.
2) I mentioned Chad once. It's not like I wrote a whole paragragh on him.
3) I continued on my opinion after ridiculing your claims of MCG being a knockoff of The Hive. I was not in any way arguing against you.
4) Please do not comment on this thread if you are going to keep flaming everyone.
Have a nice day :)
Good job. You typed nothing of importance. Please go share your useless ideas on another thread. Thank you and YOU my friend have a WONDERFUL day :)

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
As a former Sr. Staff member, I most definitely took part in discussions regarding a recently resigned ex-mod's eligibility to receive friend rank. For the longest time I can remember, the friend rank was given on a case-by-case basis. Let's say a user named Steve was a moderator and resigned. Here's what a typical checklist for the deciding Sr. Staff members would be based on:

-How long was he a staff member?
-How many kicks did he give?
-How many tempbans/bans did he give?
-How many infractions/warnings did we have to give him during his time as a moderator?
-Did he do anything extraordinary/above the call of duty?
That's exactly what was being done. The issues that were arising from this system, were people feeling that they were entitled to the rank. A couple of people resigned and then said "I've been mod for x months, I deserve friend rank". Meanwhile, they had very little actions, or caused trouble, and refused to understand that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci