• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Revive the server and the community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylgod

Spectator
Reaction score
IDK why people still bring this up, its a block game, you can't change what happens.

beneu

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
cba reading the thread, but ya bring back old 2013 mcsg!

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Why am I replying? I don't even know. I guess I have something to add to the conversation and I've got nothing to do at the moment. Using my experience in the Senior staff team and staff team in general and everything I know, I'll give you the best possible answers.

-bring back classic beloved maps and cut down on most of the recently added ones or ones the community doesn't like much. We want moonlight lake we want wyverns wake we want all of that. Know what we don't want? Almost every map added in the last 6 months. We don't need all this stuff, most players have one common complaint about mcsg: having to leave every server 4 times before finding one with a good map. It used to be that every few games we'd have to leave ONE, it wasn't like this before.
This community is generally scared of change. In the real world, success isn't achieved through minimal change; bold changes are more likely to lead to success. While some of these maps would be good to have back, new maps are required to keep the gamemode of MCSG fresh.

-fix the dispensers, trapped chests, furnaces, etc. We want stone sword tree, the potion the iron pants and axe on valleyside, all of it. We LIKE these things, it's as if they're basically like a tier 3 chest with one special item. It's not bad to have them here! Also, make it so we can break item frames again maybe you aren't so much a fan of the iron axe and rod and bows on TSG2 at teepees but we the players love and miss them.
OP items possibly, but not item frames. That was an issue with the Minecraft version I think. That wasn't intentional and never has been apart of the original MCSG formula.

-there's too many hackers. Hackers are straight up EVERYWHERE on mcsg now it's honestly depressing. The worst part of it is that not only randies hack but the clan community and competitive pvp players 80% of them hack now! It's to the point where people in the clan community have started hacking just because everyone else does and they need to be able to compare! Your anticheat clearly can't pick up much considering all of this just slides by and never gets caught. I'm not saying you need to go full-out godly anticheat like badlion's anticheat but you need something better. Something that actually can catch stuff and bring the server back to the place where it was. I get that there'll be hackers probably one every few games but right now I'd say 25% of the players on the server cheat in some way. And that's sad.
Hackers have always been an issue. There is a major difference between MCSG's anti-cheat and Badlion's. One rarely produces false positives, the other produces a hell of a lot. There is no permanent solution to hackers, there never has been, and never will be. The staff team to a hell of a lot to combat hackers and produce and immense amount of manual bans daily. If I could, I'd show you how often people are banned by the anti-cheat. While we don't have the need to announce every time someone gets banned by the anti-cheat, there is numerous bans every 10 seconds and most of often then not NO false positives.

-Friend rank. Friend rank would be distributed to resigned staff members who truly did their job and were there for at least 3 months, youtubers who quit youtube, mapmakers whose maps were removed from the servers, and close friends of administrative staff. Come on we loved friend rank there were just some senior staff members who didn't like it; everyone else liked it. Do what helps the server, not just personal preferences
Friend rank was an Administrative decision. Resigned Mods receive donator and in exemplary cases, VIP. They don't need friend rank. Close friends of administration don't need a special rank to run around with. It's honestly stupid. It doesn't benefit the server at all financial or socially, it just gives people a social status. Sick!!!1111!!!

-TOLERANCE. Something you guys have never had is tolerance and forgiveness. Badlion does something where often a cheater can admit to their wrongdoings and receive an unban a month later. I'm not saying this is exactly what you should do; imo it's a bit much. But I think you should have an event called a forgiveness day, kind of the opposite of judgement day. It'd be where during one day, anyone can submit a ban appeal, admit to all of their wrongdoings, give the IGN of every account they own or were banned on, apologize for everything they did, and be given an unban. I myself hacked a long time ago and I've ban evaded ever since. You say there's tolerance but even though I haven't hacked in almost 3 years, you refuse an unban simply because I ban evaded. I don't cheat anymore, I've admitted to my wrongdoings, I'm sorry and regret them. There's a lot of people like me. People who hacked, spread rumors, macro'd, were disrespectful, or even ddos'd but have changed but you don't let them back even though they're better people. Have some tolerance for god's sake you've lost so many beloved members to the community to servers like hive or badlion just because you wouldn't let them back after they made a mistake. THAT is a mistake you've made and should fix so again, forgiveness day.
People are forgiven. I was a senior staff member recently, I read ban disputes, people were forgiven. Got a strong feeling that maybe the reason you haven't been forgiven is that you have been breaking the rules ever since ban evading. Not the best idea to be honest. Bans are punishments, and in place for a reason.

-Cut down on your gamemodes. Sorry to say it but nobody gives one flying bunnies about UHC Worlds, Survival bingo, deadly descent? No. I don't care what in the hell you say you aren't mcgamer you're mcsg and always will be. Focus on MCSG because that's what people care about and it's what you are. If I were you, I'd even go as far as to change the name back for nostalgic purposes. I'd also go back to the previous forum website domain of minecraftsurvivalgames.com
IMO, keep MCSG, DD, SB, scrap the rest and start over. Rebranding would definitely not be a good idea again from a business perspective.

-Fix all the damned glitches ffs. Armor doesn't go on, eating doesn't work, bows dont shoot, fns doesnt light, the 4th use never works at all, what's going on?!
A few helpful steps.

1. Look at the bug tracker that the devs constantly refer to.
  2. Make sure the bugs are reported there.
  3. Wait.
  4. Complain.

-I don't know if others would side with me on this but honestly I far prefer the old forums. That old format is so much better in my opinion. The current one isn't quite as easy to navigate and just looks like hive's honestly. Also, organize the staff section of the forums ffs. It was so much better before when it showed chad as owner, then admins, senior mods, mods, then VIPs. It doesn't need to be a big irritating jumbled mess of them all just to be in alphabetical order.
These forums look amazing compared to the old ones. It looks similar to the Hive's due to a clean design inferring quite professional standards. The staff page would be nice, but they need a website designer to code and design that page if they reimplemented it. There was enough issues with getting this website design finished in the first place.

-I know everyone brings this up and immediately gets shut down but please please please PLEASE bring back hell games. Hell games was the best thing that ever happened to MCSG. Don't even stop here, we want other community events. Do a whole big community UHC that would be sign-up based similarly to hell games.
Agreed, it caused issues previously; though reintroducing it would be extremely beneficial.

-Go back with chest tierings. I know many haven't changed but little things should go back to the way they were. Gravel trap doesn't need a chest on it, only the tier 2 chest on the tree our god bajancanadian discovered is all we need at that area but if I'm correct that's a tier1 and the tier2 is on top of gravel trap. Little things like these should ALL be reverted.
Ok.

-If you bring back wyverns wake, keep the furnace items. Don't publicly advertise them and tell youtubers to avoid getting them on video because that's the special thing about them is that only the elitest players get to know about them. It's a special thing. I remember when so few people knew about them that in most games they wouldn't be touched because nobody in the game knew.
lol, alright. I don't think you can tell YouTubers what they can and can't do in their videos. This isn't a communist society. The staff aren't Nazi.

-We want our old youtubers back and badly. It seems to be that the kings of MCSG that everyone cares about now are people like solrflare, austen, biboy, etc. Don't get me wrong I love these guys but the face of MCSG was shmoopies, tomahawk, blamph, lovelights, bajancanadian of course, later on huahwi. To anyone who no longer records on here or doesn't play much, do whatever you can to get them back because we miss them. They belong on top and they're what represent classic true MCSG
BRB, calling Blamph.

-I don't know if it's still like this but get some staff that know what hacks are. I have no idea if it's this way still but I know around a year and a half to two years ago I remember that there would be so many false hacking bans and they'd dispute and be shut down most of the time. If it's still like this, fix it please. Make sure that at least your senior mods know who to accept ban appeals from
I don't think there is any issues here.

-back to the whole forgiveness day topic, there's another aspect of it to bring up. The forums are their own whole community (or at least they were back on old forums). un-forum-ban arena master. I remember he made an alt on the forums to come forward and apologize for everything and try for an unban but you just immediately deleted the thread and banned him, it was pretty sad to see.
I don't even remember what he did lol. I remember it was pretty bad though. So yeah, no thanks.

-Little gameplay aspects and glitches we liked. Like how on TSG2 and things you couldnt break wheat or carrots but you could jump on them and they'd come up. Stuff like that are things we all want back.
-Fix all the damned glitches ffs.
- Nbroski NK15. Okey.

-Solar Frost V1. PLEASE. PLEEEEEEEEEEASE
BRB, pushing it to the servers.

-Old hub. This is a big one. I liked the hub that was first implemented right when you got a hub and how you could go down to the wall of signs and join an SG. There were three walls, the left wall (impossible to get in to without donor usually) the middle wall (easier and usually the best games to join) and the right wall (pretty much booster wall where there'd usually be 10 man games. This was where clans would go to find a game for a clan battle). We want that back quite badly. having SG 5178 is just silly and we all dislike it. We want SG 1-200 back.
Signs +rep. Another hub, too much effort, computer says no.

-Bring back the original moonbase and icarus just like solar frost. The v2 versions really just can't compare. Also holiday v2 is unnecessary.
Holiday v2, *click* NOICE! Original moonbase and icarus, I would like that.

-Stay outta clans. I miss before when the staff team lowkey disliked clans but completely ignored them and just didn't bother with them. The closest you went to helping us was letting us keep the clans and teams section on the forums and other than that you just let us be. Don't get involved please I've seen you try getting into the clan community much more starting around the time that elevate arose. During that time is when clans started to fall.
Hate when Mum and Dad tell me what to do and then I remember I'm 12.

-Remove the GUI. The GUI on the right side of the screen may appear professional but it's overall just annoying. It was so much better when you just did /tl to see when deathmatch or something was and did /server to find what server you're in and map details and things.
Helps with catching hackers what you complained about. Timestamps are vital and server IDs help with bugs which you also complained about.

NOW FOR THE COMMUNITY:
(MOTIVATIONAL SPEECH ABOUT TOXIC MEMBERS AND CRAPPY ATTIDTUDES)
I say a rap battle would sought the beep out.

But that's just my two cents!
Now getting back to having a life.
P.S. Noble Peace Prize Please

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
First off I'd like to start by saying that almost everyone who was present on MCSG in 2013 misses it. I know I do, and I know most others do as well because there were so many things that we had going for us as a community.

Now, it's not that things are wrong or bad, just that they're different, and not always in a comfortable way.
-bring back classic beloved maps and cut down on most of the recently added ones or ones the community doesn't like much. We want moonlight lake we want wyverns wake we want all of that. Know what we don't want? Almost every map added in the last 6 months. We don't need all this stuff, most players have one common complaint about mcsg: having to leave every server 4 times before finding one with a good map. It used to be that every few games we'd have to leave ONE, it wasn't like this before.
I wouldn't necessarily say that the new maps are bad, it's just that there were a lot of old ones that were very much so loved which have now been unfortunately removed. That's because as old players leave and new players come, tastes in maps differentiate. Yes, there may be a ton of us on this forum who liked a select few maps, but there's also a giant population on the server who isn't as interactive on the forums and only plays like two maps. SG4 and Valleyside.

When a majority of players only play a couple of maps, the others become neglected, underplayed, and receive low monthly playing numbers. As a result of this, they are removed due to underplayment.
-fix the dispensers, trapped chests, furnaces, etc. We want stone sword tree, the potion the iron pants and axe on valleyside, all of it. We LIKE these things, it's as if they're basically like a tier 3 chest with one special item. It's not bad to have them here! Also, make it so we can break item frames again maybe you aren't so much a fan of the iron axe and rod and bows on TSG2 at teepees but we the players love and miss them.
MCSG has always had a policy against most of these things considered "OP Items", however it's always been shakily enforced, and sometimes not at all. First it was the hobo stick on Rugged Lands, and now the master sword which has been removed. I'm not sure why it was decided that the Master Sword would be removed now, 2.5 years after Demon's Breeze was released, but better late than never I guess? Maybe it's just that there are new movements inside the Sr. Staff to crack down on the whole OP Items thing. From my perspective, I'm not entirely sure why most of these things were disallowed. Well, that's false. I do. Mainly because of stuff like Vida Cova with the Prot IV diamond armor and flame bow, or the diamond sword in Wyvern's Wake that provided distinct advantages for one lucky player who got it, however things like stone swords in dispensers or a knockback stick aren't gamebreaking. We likely would have been able to keep them if it wasn't for those super, super OP Items that made it hard to distinguish fun from gamebreaking.
-there's too many hackers. Hackers are straight up EVERYWHERE on mcsg now it's honestly depressing. The worst part of it is that not only randies hack but the clan community and competitive pvp players 80% of them hack now! It's to the point where people in the clan community have started hacking just because everyone else does and they need to be able to compare! Your anticheat clearly can't pick up much considering all of this just slides by and never gets caught. I'm not saying you need to go full-out godly anticheat like badlion's anticheat but you need something better. Something that actually can catch stuff and bring the server back to the place where it was. I get that there'll be hackers probably one every few games but right now I'd say 25% of the players on the server cheat in some way. And that's sad.
We've always had hackers, however now I do agree that it's becoming a problem with all of these advanced clients, and MCSG sitting on an anticheat that cannot yet deal with them. Our developers, Devin and Gideon, are extremely talented. I'm sure if they just spent a week or two immersing themselves in the workings of the game and using some of these advanced clients on dev servers to test things out and work out fixes, we'd have one hell of an AntiCheat.

The biggest barrier is motivating them and making sure they know of all the new hacks and clients so stopping them won't be a problem.
-Go back with chest tierings. I know many haven't changed but little things should go back to the way they were. Gravel trap doesn't need a chest on it, only the tier 2 chest on the tree our god bajancanadian discovered is all we need at that area but if I'm correct that's a tier1 and the tier2 is on top of gravel trap. Little things like these should ALL be reverted.
Maps now are re-tiered sporatically without necessarily major announcements. If we were to go in and systematically evaluate all maps and their tiering, re-tier those that needed it, and publically made an announcement, it could do a lot of good.
-We want our old youtubers back and badly. It seems to be that the kings of MCSG that everyone cares about now are people like solrflare, austen, biboy, etc. Don't get me wrong I love these guys but the face of MCSG was shmoopies, tomahawk, blamph, lovelights, bajancanadian of course, later on huahwi. To anyone who no longer records on here or doesn't play much, do whatever you can to get them back because we miss them. They belong on top and they're what represent classic true MCSG
I miss the old Tomahawk that used shaders and blockhit 95% of the time :(
-I don't know if it's still like this but get some staff that know what hacks are. I have no idea if it's this way still but I know around a year and a half to two years ago I remember that there would be so many false hacking bans and they'd dispute and be shut down most of the time. If it's still like this, fix it please. Make sure that at least your senior mods know who to accept ban appeals from
Public opinion has made the staff appear a lot less knowledgeable than we really are. Yes, there are some problems occasionally with identifying hacked clients, but most of the time things run smoothly.

I'll see what I can do personally about educating people on ghost clients :)
-I know everyone brings this up and immediately gets shut down but please please please PLEASE bring back hell games. Hell games was the best thing that ever happened to MCSG.
soon

if everything goes right and people RESPOND TO THEIR FORUM PMS
-Old hub. This is a big one. I liked the hub that was first implemented right when you got a hub and how you could go down to the wall of signs and join an SG. There were three walls, the left wall (impossible to get in to without donor usually) the middle wall (easier and usually the best games to join) and the right wall (pretty much booster wall where there'd usually be 10 man games. This was where clans would go to find a game for a clan battle). We want that back quite badly. having SG 5178 is just silly and we all dislike it. We want SG 1-200 back.
Reverting back to the old hub likely will not happen. I absolutely loved that hub, and it was super nice and expansive and the like, but the administration has made it clear that they do not want to simply "revert back to the old stuff"

What there is to do, however, is using the skill of our MCGamer build teams to build a newer, bigger, and better hub combining all of the beloved features of the old hub with a fun, new face.

Those are the main points I wanted to hit, hopefully everything made sense c:

Last edited:

charliewolves

Career
Reaction score
As for the first point, this isn't very good of a point to mention. People don't change over night. If you hack once, you'll hack again if you're banned for it almost every time. I'm saying that hacking and being gone forever is unreasonable. Have some tolerance to people that have been banned for some time and clearly have changed As for recording hackers, there's a two part thing about that. on one hand, I agree and forgot to put it in the section for what the community should be doing. On the other hand, not everyone has a computer that can handle it PLUS players are here to play the game my friend. That's why they're called players. It's not our job to report hackers, it's yours. It's inconvenient. And as for anticheat, you're not correct there lol. You're clearly one of the people brainwashed to believe that just because someone says their ban is false that it is false. Of the 200k+ bans anticheat has dealt, less than 20 have been proven to be false. The reason most people think anticheat makes false bans is this here: On the original judgement day, a few large youtubers were banned by it. They simply said it was false so their viewers wouldn't hate them for it and instead would hate badlion. Then when a player got banned they could just say "mine is false too, just look at what happened to that youtuber. His was false, so so was mine." In reality, both the youtuber and the player were lying but this spread so excessively that players began lying TO THEMSELVES. Everyone is brainwashed at this point to believe false bans by anticheat are common simply because of propaganda. It's incredibly accurate and requires over a hundred alert checks to be set off before a ban is dealt. And finally, for the items being removed, who cares if they're abused? So what if someone block glitched the master sword. Stuff like that is why block glitching in general isn't allowed. If you want that to stop, change it from a kickable offense to a short temp-bannable one that increases by offense to a 5th offense permban or something. Doesnt mean you get rid of the item, you get rid of the abuser.
re: anti-cheat I actually did some stats Crunching myself ;3 Maybe you should too. Secondly K, I don't buy that about hackers. Thirdly, Prove it? People abuse. Give people an Inch they take a yard. Simple facts about humans. Tbh the Master sword was a free iron sword. No effort needed to get it, and then u have them rule breakerz on top. ;3

AaronTheScrub

Experienced
Reaction score
Time for a deal, Devs.
If this thread gets over 20 likes you will bring back the server.
OR YOU'RE FAT

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
This server is kinda Pathetic now, we had so many players back in 2012/2013. Over 3000+ daily, now its 1000 and less? I miss the old servers, old players, old maps, old staff. It's changed so much and lost everyone. Kinda why Badlion is taking over :/ Please fix this soon.

I tried to help the clan community and all I got was Sr staff telling me that my idea was stupid, I needed to be a millionaire to make a server or something, I don't find it fun to just play regular MCSG anymore because it's changed so much. Our anti-cheat is horrible, why not just use Badlion's anti-cheat, buy it from them or somthing Chad has the money too. 2012/2013 was the years of MCSG, now it's gone and it won't come back without some help instead of the Sr Staff & Admins/Developers ignoring all of our wishes. PLEASE MAKE IT COME BACK!

nimi

Experienced
Reaction score
As Heartfilla said badlion is taking over. 1178 players are online right now. Badlion gets over 2000. Its because of a lifespan of a server. MCG tried to evolve didn't work out.

When did the downfall start? When youtubers left.
No more cube guys. Tomahawk rarely uploads and when he does he gets 5k views. We have no YouTubers except huahwi, but he goes away every 7 months.

When did it get worse?
When MCSG bought Antvenom a already dying server, why did mcsg do this? so they can attract A 2,000,000 youtuber on MCSG. He still has yet to record a video on this channel.
But even if he does upload he barely gets 11k views.
Also people may counter my arugment saying MCSG has youtubers you know. Well 15k won't make a difference.
What made it even worse
Badlion, Mineplex. Remember minecraft is now a kids game. Kids love fun games not hard and intensive games. Also kids donate to servers, they either take their parents creditcards (lol) or just ask this as their Christmas or whatever present. All the players that played these servers went to badlion and not many new players stuck around.

What made it even worse?
Hiring staff that are only here to sit on a DND teamspeak and do nothing or become superactive cough cough vanth and leave 2 months later. Also making crappy maps.

How to make it better.
Better hub. I am not saying the old one but a better one please.
- longer games everyone loved them(bigger maps)
-make less minigames servers to save the costs.
-Make a better anticheat. I know hackers can't be gone forever but it will help if we have a better one.
-Make it fun again. This is for the community. The community is the toxic. From TS, to forums to INGame.
-For chad. More perks for donors. This will help people put money into your server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci