• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Revive the server and the community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu

Diamond
Reaction score
re: anti-cheat I actually did some stats Crunching myself ;3 Maybe you should too. Secondly K, I don't buy that about hackers. Thirdly, Prove it? People abuse. Give people an Inch they take a yard. Simple facts about humans. Tbh the Master sword was a free iron sword. No effort needed to get it, and then u have them rule breakerz on top. ;3
What do you mean you did some "stats crunching?" I'd like you to show me some false bans and how you proved they were false, I dare you. For the hacker thing, buy it or not it's true. If someone has chosen they want to hack, banning them won't change them overnight almost ever. They'll just do it again and again until they decide "alright this was a mistake." It's the case for me, the case for almost all of my friends considering most people have hacked before, etc. You don't change overnight it's just such a rare phenomena. And for the abuse thing, again just make it a more punishable offense. People can record them or you can catch it, and it's motivation to stop.

Pikachu

Diamond
Reaction score
First off I'd like to start by saying that almost everyone who was present on MCSG in 2013 misses it. I know I do, and I know most others do as well because there were so many things that we had going for us as a community.

1. Now, it's not that things are wrong or bad, just that they're different, and not always in a comfortable way.

2. I wouldn't necessarily say that the new maps are bad, it's just that there were a lot of old ones that were very much so loved which have now been unfortunately removed. That's because as old players leave and new players come, tastes in maps differentiate. Yes, there may be a ton of us on this forum who liked a select few maps, but there's also a giant population on the server who isn't as interactive on the forums and only plays like two maps. SG4 and Valleyside.

3. When a majority of players only play a couple of maps, the others become neglected, underplayed, and receive low monthly playing numbers. As a result of this, they are removed due to underplayment.

4. MCSG has always had a policy against most of these things considered "OP Items", however it's always been shakily enforced, and sometimes not at all. First it was the hobo stick on Rugged Lands, and now the master sword which has been removed. I'm not sure why it was decided that the Master Sword would be removed now, 2.5 years after Demon's Breeze was released, but better late than never I guess? Maybe it's just that there are new movements inside the Sr. Staff to crack down on the whole OP Items thing. From my perspective, I'm not entirely sure why most of these things were disallowed. Well, that's false. I do. Mainly because of stuff like Vida Cova with the Prot IV diamond armor and flame bow, or the diamond sword in Wyvern's Wake that provided distinct advantages for one lucky player who got it, however things like stone swords in dispensers or a knockback stick aren't gamebreaking. We likely would have been able to keep them if it wasn't for those super, super OP Items that made it hard to distinguish fun from gamebreaking.

5. We've always had hackers, however now I do agree that it's becoming a problem with all of these advanced clients, and MCSG sitting on an anticheat that cannot yet deal with them. Our developers, Devin and Gideon, are extremely talented. I'm sure if they just spent a week or two immersing themselves in the workings of the game and using some of these advanced clients on dev servers to test things out and work out fixes, we'd have one hell of an AntiCheat. The biggest barrier is motivating them and making sure they know of all the new hacks and clients so stopping them won't be a problem.

6. Maps now are re-tiered sporatically without necessarily major announcements. If we were to go in and systematically evaluate all maps and their tiering, re-tier those that needed it, and publically made an announcement, it could do a lot of good.

7. I miss the old Tomahawk that used shaders and blockhit 95% of the time :(

8. Public opinion has made the staff appear a lot less knowledgeable than we really are. Yes, there are some problems occasionally with identifying hacked clients, but most of the time things run smoothly. I'll see what I can do personally about educating people on ghost clients :)

9. soon if everything goes right and people RESPOND TO THEIR FORUM PMS

10. Reverting back to the old hub likely will not happen. I absolutely loved that hub, and it was super nice and expansive and the like, but the administration has made it clear that they do not want to simply "revert back to the old stuff." What there
is to do, however, is using the skill of our MCGamer build teams to build a newer, bigger, and better hub combining all of the beloved features of the old hub with a fun, new face.

Those are the main points I wanted to hit, hopefully everything made sense c:
1. This is a good point to a degree. Different things can be wrong or bad or they can be right and good. A lot of different things have happened that people like, but most of what I addressed are what people don't like. Keep in mind I never said any of these are exactly bad things, they're just things the community and myself dislike and find a bad thing, in our opinions.

2. The new maps aren't bad it's not like they're poorly built. It's just that nobody cares about new maps anymore. We were happy when par 72 was added we were content. Then another map update happened. Then another. Then another. We see all this new stuff we didn't even want or need and we don't want to bother learning routes for them all or learning our way around the map. We don't want all of that. At this point, thanks to the dozens of new maps, we have to leave game after game to find one with a map we find enjoyable and to our liking. A huge map-cleanup where unrecognizable maps were removed would be a great idea. Not permanently though. What could be done is after they're all removed, one by one they'd be added back one at a time a month and a half apart. You'd add it in, then have a poll asking whether or not people think it should stay. If it gets popular, it stays. Then another is added in, so on and so forth. That way the maps can be added but not 3 at a time so much that we're overwhelmed and end up hating all of them.

3. There are several maps I haven't even heard of once so I'd say these should be removed. The #2 paragraph above explains better though.

4. You say it's their "policy" but that's not a relevant point. That doesn't factually explain why it's a bad thing, it explains why they don't like it. So drop that right there where you're standing. The only items that were truly gamebreaking were the vida cova dispensers that people just used to boost. Putting back the rest wouldn't be a bad idea. I guess I understand the exp bottles but it takes such an enormous trek to get to the E-Table even they arent a big deal. If anything, I'd just replace the 64 with 16 maybe then replace the diamond sword on wyvern's with an iron one to make it less OP. The rest should be 100% unchanged. Vida cova shouldn't even be added back at all considering people only liked it for the dispensers. It was a pretty nice map imo but just too big and basically a huge maze. It was pretty much maze runner turned into an MCSG map.

5. Then they should do it. And if they don't care enough or are too lazy, provide an incentive. Greater pay for greater work, some sort of gift. Some sort of motivation if they won't do it on their own.

6. I agree. Most maps don't need another fresh re-tier, but to revert back to their original tiers. Some, however, like avaricia have never had a good tiering. Idk what the heck you guys did with that poor map haha it had a bad original tier, a bad retier, and the current retier is bad too. Maps like those need help xD

7. So do I not gonna lie but playing styles probably won't go back to the way they were unfortunately :(

8. Again my post was outdated. I haven't even submitted a report or been in the community for a long time. That was based on a year and a half ago when moderation truly was clueless. Regarding ghost clients, if you ever need help with that talk to me. I'm incredibly skilled on catching a ghost client, it's so easy for me. I was first to discovered stealingstats's client and several other users. One of the people better than me at it, however, would have to be Tenebrous12321. Honestly try hiring him to help train staff on catching hackers, he's a living legend at it.

9. OMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOGMG YESSSSS

10. Well the administration has done a lot of things they want and it simply hasn't been working. It's time to listen to the community for a change. But I suppose if you can manage a really good hub it's worth a shot looking at. Just keep in mind, with all the negative changes that have happened in the past year and a half, people won't trust it. People are tired of new stuff and you know it. Everything new that's implemented only decreases the player-base. Trust me here that the old would help better than new.

charliewolves

Career
Reaction score
What do you mean you did some "stats crunching?" I'd like you to show me some false bans and how you proved they were false, I dare you. For the hacker thing, buy it or not it's true. If someone has chosen they want to hack, banning them won't change them overnight almost ever. They'll just do it again and again until they decide "alright this was a mistake." It's the case for me, the case for almost all of my friends considering most people have hacked before, etc. You don't change overnight it's just such a rare phenomena. And for the abuse thing, again just make it a more punishable offense. People can record them or you can catch it, and it's motivation to stop.
xD dude, I do stats as part of my degree. Don't "dare" anything. Furthermore I was merely stating people are not always able to see 100% of the truth. xD

Pikachu

Diamond
Reaction score
xD dude, I do stats as part of my degree. Don't "dare" anything. Furthermore I was merely stating people are not always able to see 100% of the truth. xD
Here's the problem. I get that you could have the ratio made and get the statistics, but in order to do that, you'd have to know for a fact who and when was falsely banned. You're likely not capable of this at all.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
1. This is a good point to a degree. Different things can be wrong or bad or they can be right and good. A lot of different things have happened that people like, but most of what I addressed are what people don't like. Keep in mind I never said any of these are exactly bad things, they're just things the community and myself dislike and find a bad thing, in our opinions.

2. The new maps aren't bad it's not like they're poorly built. It's just that nobody cares about new maps anymore. We were happy when par 72 was added we were content. Then another map update happened. Then another. Then another. We see all this new stuff we didn't even want or need and we don't want to bother learning routes for them all or learning our way around the map. We don't want all of that. At this point, thanks to the dozens of new maps, we have to leave game after game to find one with a map we find enjoyable and to our liking. A huge map-cleanup where unrecognizable maps were removed would be a great idea. Not permanently though. What could be done is after they're all removed, one by one they'd be added back one at a time a month and a half apart. You'd add it in, then have a poll asking whether or not people think it should stay. If it gets popular, it stays. Then another is added in, so on and so forth. That way the maps can be added but not 3 at a time so much that we're overwhelmed and end up hating all of them.

3. There are several maps I haven't even heard of once so I'd say these should be removed. The #2 paragraph above explains better though.

4. You say it's their "policy" but that's not a relevant point. That doesn't factually explain why it's a bad thing, it explains why they don't like it. So drop that right there where you're standing. The only items that were truly gamebreaking were the vida cova dispensers that people just used to boost. Putting back the rest wouldn't be a bad idea. I guess I understand the exp bottles but it takes such an enormous trek to get to the E-Table even they arent a big deal. If anything, I'd just replace the 64 with 16 maybe then replace the diamond sword on wyvern's with an iron one to make it less OP. The rest should be 100% unchanged. Vida cova shouldn't even be added back at all considering people only liked it for the dispensers. It was a pretty nice map imo but just too big and basically a huge maze. It was pretty much maze runner turned into an MCSG map.

5. Then they should do it. And if they don't care enough or are too lazy, provide an incentive. Greater pay for greater work, some sort of gift. Some sort of motivation if they won't do it on their own.

6. I agree. Most maps don't need another fresh re-tier, but to revert back to their original tiers. Some, however, like avaricia have never had a good tiering. Idk what the heck you guys did with that poor map haha it had a bad original tier, a bad retier, and the current retier is bad too. Maps like those need help xD

7. So do I not gonna lie but playing styles probably won't go back to the way they were unfortunately :(

8. Again my post was outdated. I haven't even submitted a report or been in the community for a long time. That was based on a year and a half ago when moderation truly was clueless. Regarding ghost clients, if you ever need help with that talk to me. I'm incredibly skilled on catching a ghost client, it's so easy for me. I was first to discovered stealingstats's client and several other users. One of the people better than me at it, however, would have to be Tenebrous12321. Honestly try hiring him to help train staff on catching hackers, he's a living legend at it.

9. OMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOGMG YESSSSS

10. Well the administration has done a lot of things they want and it simply hasn't been working. It's time to listen to the community for a change. But I suppose if you can manage a really good hub it's worth a shot looking at. Just keep in mind, with all the negative changes that have happened in the past year and a half, people won't trust it. People are tired of new stuff and you know it. Everything new that's implemented only decreases the player-base. Trust me here that the old would help better than new.
Trust me when I say that I've been thinking of ways to successfully submit proposals on how to find ways to implement all of the successful and well liked things of the past thay were removed, but were still very well liked. Things like bringing back the old, or at least a bigger, hub; providing specific examples on how to improve the anticheat; re-organizing the server to fit with the workings of our playerbase; and other things many have mentioned.

Unfortunately it has been stated a lot of things will simply not happen, which I know a lot of people wish could happen.

Hopefully I addressed your points with like... Logical thought order, I was rushed writing that response cause homework ;-;

Pikachu

Diamond
Reaction score
Trust me when I say that I've been thinking of ways to successfully submit proposals on how to find ways to implement all of the successful and well liked things of the past thay were removed, but were still very well liked. Things like bringing back the old, or at least a bigger, hub; providing specific examples on how to improve the anticheat; re-organizing the server to fit with the workings of our playerbase; and other things many have mentioned.

Unfortunately it has been stated a lot of things will simply not happen, which I know a lot of people wish could happen.

Hopefully I addressed your points with like... Logical thought order, I was rushed writing that response cause homework ;-;
You're good it's fine. I made this thread because no survival games server will maintain the proper nostalgia MCSG does. That's all MCSG has that will have everyone running back if they fix the server. If they don't do the things mentioned in this thread they're honestly proper screwed. I hate to be so blunt but if they refuse to listen to the players, they won't get them back. I myself badly want an SG server like mcsg but that implements all of these things we want. If it doesn't happen, I'm planning a network soon that will.

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Another day and another thread complaining about how the network is dying, so and so is wrong, bring back this and that, whine whine whine, complain complain complain.

Sure, you raise some good points. Some of them are definetely legitimate (e.g. bring back some more classic maps), but I really think that if the community stopped making threads like this and started directly speaking (voice to voice) with the Sr. Staff and communicated what they wanted, then we would get somewhere. Until then, these threads will keep popping up and nothing will ever get done.

IceCarbonDiabloX

Experienced
Reaction score

Hackers have always been an issue. There is a major difference between MCSG's anti-cheat and Badlion's. One rarely produces false positives, the other produces a hell of a lot. There is no permanent solution to hackers, there never has been, and never will be. The staff team to a hell of a lot to combat hackers and produce and immense amount of manual bans daily. If I could, I'd show you how often people are banned by the anti-cheat. While we don't have the need to announce every time someone gets banned by the anti-cheat, there is numerous bans every 10 seconds and most of often then not NO false positives.
You're an idiot, you never deserved staff in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci