• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Specific Request: Chronic Fishing Rod Users

themastern00b

Diamond
Reaction score
First off, how do you use the fishing rod?
I mainly use it to either hit my opponents back while I am running, or when I am losing a fight I use it too hit them back and run away. I also use it to boost my teammates so that we can kill the enemy faster.

Secondly, do you actually think you are gaining a benefit from using the fishing rod? If so, how?
Yes I do believe I am gaining a benefit from using the fishing rod. I believe that with out the rod, I would have died plenty of more times. I am able to hit my opponent back so many times, that on certain occasions they have stopped chasing me altogether because of how annoyed they were. It helps me to easily get away from an enemy.

Did you start using it on your own accord or did you learn from someone else?
At first I started seeing others use it. I thought that maybe if I used it, I could mimic what they did and get better. I started to use it more and more and that is how I am skilled with it today.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I use a fishing rod for breaking opponent's sprint in chases and boosting enemies back and friends forward in the water. These tactics almost never cause anything bad to happen. It's been useful for ending chases and saved my life in the water. I think I started using these tactics with some influence from others, but I developed them personally as well so I guess you could say it's a combination of both.

DJ Kitty

Platinum
Reaction score
Throw them into walls
Send them away so i can get the first hit
Knock them away while i'm in water
I saw other people use it and it was killing me a lot so i learnt it myself

mathijs3011

Platinum
Reaction score
I use it to much, somethimes i even forget to switch to my sword. That's one of the reasons i die a lot.

Reaction score
I saw people using it and tried it myself thinking I looked pro even though I missed every line I cast out. Then I just got quicker and quicker with it so yeah.
Benefits
-I use it to get combos
-Hitting people away
-Along with FnS it is why ultimate hacker catching tool as I use it to test for no knockback from a bit of a range

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
I learned the fishing rod combo and infinite fishing rod tricks from watching Grapeapplesauce.

I didn't ever start using it to break peoples' sprint until BomBashious shoved his rod up my behind so QUICKLY on three separate occasions to the point where I was literally holdng down sprint in a completely flat area yet wasn't actually even sprinting.

It's not like it's a deal breaker for me though. Blockhitting is severely underrated. C:

BunnzOfCookie

Career
Reaction score
Honestly when you rod someone while chasing them, it doesn't work as we'll(accept when u hit them into walls) as it did before the sprint hotkey. Best secondary because it's Used for many dif. situations.

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
All of you people saying you learned the rod on your own;

No you didn't.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci