• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Specific Request: Chronic Fishing Rod Users

iDufferz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
1. Hitting them in the face before a fight. (you know why)
2. Hitting them into walls and blocks to break their sprint and to get another hit.
3. Escaping.
4. Hitting people forwards and backwards in water and land.
5. To get out of traps.

Yes, I think I am gaining benefit from using the fishing rod. Let's see, If I didn't hit someone right before melee combat the chances of me getting the first hit would be lower. If I couldn't use the fishing rod defensively for hitting people away in water and land it would increase my chances of dying. If I couldn't use the rod to hit someone into a block or into a wall it would make it easier for them to get away, and lastly If I couldn't use the rod to get out of traps it would increase my chances of dying.

I started using it on my own accord. This is how it started, on Breeze Island in deathmatch most of the time people would just run around the circular water section and this got increasingly annoying as more and more people started doing it. Since I already knew that fishing rods could hit people backwards and forwards I tried hitting the from the side to see if it would hit them sideways and It worked. Ever since then I used it to hit people into walls and blocks and I also realized it helped to break their sprint. Also getting better as time went on. By this time I was already using the rod to get away from people, knocking them back. I had realized that the fishing rod sort of "stunned" my enemies. I had always thought of the fishing rod as more of a defensive weapon, used to get away from enemies, using the short time you gained from stunning. Of course I would use it to knock them into walls but that was when they were already running. Then I saw egrodo's first few mcsg videos where he used the fishing rod to stun the enemy right from the beginning of the fight, and then immediately going in to get the first couple of hits, I was amazed at how well this had worked out for him. So naturally, I tried it out myself and after a few weeks of practice I was getting really good at it. That's when I realized how amazing this tactic was. ;)

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
I hate it when I'm watching someone's MCSG video and they whine about thrice that they don't have a fishing rod halfway through the game. Yet they were doing just fine without it 8 minutes before. It isn't some mandatory skill to use the fishing rod you know. You go to fight someone and they get a fishing rod hit on you head-on? Just run the other way, regen the two hearts they did to you, and try attacking them again from a different angle in a slightly different setting.

For example, if you boost under a tree, then turn around right before your opponent goes under the tree, any fishing rod hit he/she gets on you is negated by you boosting back through the tree. I have tested this trick extensively on the tree between the enchanting building and train station on SG4. Won every single fight except for one since it was a team of two, both with diamond swords.

Sixorr

Diamond
Reaction score
I hate it when I'm watching someone's MCSG video and they whine about thrice that they don't have a fishing rod halfway through the game. Yet they were doing just fine without it 8 minutes before. It isn't some mandatory skill to use the fishing rod you know. You go to fight someone and they get a fishing rod hit on you head-on? Just run the other way, regen the two hearts they did to you, and try attacking them again from a different angle in a slightly different setting.

For example, if you boost under a tree, then turn around right before your opponent goes under the tree, any fishing rod hit he/she gets on you is negated by you boosting back through the tree. I have tested this trick extensively on the tree between the enchanting building and train station on SG4. Won every single fight except for one since it was a team of two, both with diamond swords.
That ratio truly shows how much of a beast this tactic has made you.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
82 wins is nothing to sneeze at. I'm the epitome of mediocrity. :/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci