• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

TeamFellowship - Middle Earth (A LOTR MAP!!!!)

Are you excited about this map?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score

What I have so far in WorldPainter

Corn at the bottom surrounded by lush mountains

Hey guys and gals! How many of you are Lord of the Rings fans? How many of you love everything that has to do with the Lord of the Rings? How would you like to see this map: in pixels in Minecraft? I have been contemplating this idea for quite a while and have finally decided to bring it to life! Over the next few months, TeamFellowship will be constructing THE GREATEST MAP YOU HAVE EVER SEEN IN YOUR LIFE!

Map info:

Because of the enormous size of Middle Earth, not all of these places will be possible to build. However, a lot of places are definitely possibilities to be constructed and probably will be built in this map! Listed below are the places taken under consideration to be built:

1: Hobbiton- A few of the hobbit holes and the town center will be built, but ultimately this is all because of the size restrictions under place.

2: Rohan- For Rohan, we would just include its capital city of Edoras. We could create our own version of it!

2.5: Helms Deep-
As a fortress of Rohan, it would be pretty cool to include!

3: Gondor- As the greatest kingdom (3 times the size of Rohan!), Rohan deserves the largest amount of space and the most attention to detail. Gondor will be the main part of the map! Almost the whole kingdom will be built, and very detailed!

Finally, 4: Mordor- Since there is not much detail known about Mordor, we could improvise it. We do, however, HAVE TO HAVE the Dark Tower and Mount Doom!

I am also considering adding in Rivendell and Isengard if there is space/time.

If there are any ideas for the corn, please comment! I personally like the idea of having it in a central forest. Finally, if anyone has ANYMORE ideas, post them below. I WILL READ ALL THE COMMENTS!

The Team:

In order for this to all be possible, we need some help! If you would like to apply for a position in TeamFellowship, leave your application in this format (you don't have to center it!:p) :

IGN (and Skype, if wanted)-
Position-
Age-
Prior Experiences with Mapmaking-
Building Strengths-
Times Available-
Other Comments-
Positions:
Leader: CaptainJS​
Co-Leader: Ary4sp0ck​
Builder (13 slots):
- jackcone (redstoner)​
- BetaPuffle (bulider/terraformer)​
- edwardecho123​
- CaptButterToast
- charlespk105​
- Lululioness​
-​
-​
-​
-​
-​
-​
-​
Terraformer (forms land, mountains- would like prior experience, 3 slots):
- CaptButterToast
-​
-​
Design Helper (helps decide organization of map, hopefully previous mapmaker):
- CaptButterToast
Tester/Alternate (3 slots):
- jdogsnell (funnybunny)​
-​
-​

This map is going to take a lot of effort (blood, sweat, and tears), and we would like people helping who would stick with us through the whole process. I, myself am new to map creating, but have a desire to accomplish this great task for the good of the community! If you have any questions AT ALL, leave them below. We will read ALL THE POSTS! Thank you for your time.

P.S. If anyone would design a logo and/or a trailer for the map, it would be greatly appreciated! Just leave a comment if you would like to do so.:D

*EDIT: Programs that will be used:
World Edit- http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/worldedit/
Forester- http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/forester/
*VoxelSniper (IF UPDATED to 1.5!!!)- http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/voxelsniper/

I found a great way to form the terrain! WORLDPAINTER lets you fully customize all of the terrain and add in natural looking Mountains, rivers, forests, hills, and anything else! You can also choose biomes for certain sections! Unfortunately, this means that there will be less of a need for terraformers. COME CHECK OUT THIS AMAZING PROGRAM!!! http://www.worldpainter.net/

jackcone

Spectator
Reaction score
IGN (and Skype, if wanted)-jackcone (thejackcone)
Position-Builder (can do some redstone work to if needed
Age-16
Prior Experiences with Mapmaking-Not really, but be sure, I'll be a big help ;)
Building Strengths-Houses of Wood/Stone
Times Available-I can't say, depends on a lot of things, can change every week... Maybe 4-8 hours a week, in vacation more ;)
Other Comments- Do you have a server? And I think it's best to begin with Helms Deep, it's the (in my opinion) easiest and a good map to begin ;)

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
IGN (and Skype, if wanted)-jackcone (thejackcone)
Position-Builder (can do some redstone work to if needed
Age-16
Prior Experiences with Mapmaking-Not really, but be sure, I'll be a big help ;)
Building Strengths-Houses of Wood/Stone
Times Available-I can't say, depends on a lot of things, can change every week... Maybe 4-8 hours a week, in vacation more ;)
Other Comments- Do you have a server? And I think it's best to begin with Helms Deep, it's the (in my opinion) easiest and a good map to begin ;)
You're in! Thanks, I forgot to add redstoner in to the positions, so you can help with that! I do have a server, but I'm not opening it until the team is full and I block everyone else from joining the server. We can begin with Helms Deep, but I was planning to actually have all those locations in one map!

jackcone

Spectator
Reaction score
You're in! Thanks, I forgot to add redstoner in to the positions, so you can help with that! I do have a server, but I'm not opening it until the team is full and I block everyone else from joining the server. We can begin with Helms Deep, but I was planning to actually have all those locations in one map!
Ah, ok, now i got it right ;)
This way everything must be smaller than i first expected, and that will make it a bit easier to build, ok ;)
Different maps would be great too, I think :D But also a lot of additional work...
So, I think th plan is good ;)

funnybunny

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
IGN: jdogsnell
POSITION: tester
EXPERIENCES: Good at sg
BUILDING STRENGTHS: Small builds or giant trees
TIME AVAILABLE:probabaly 1 hour a day
COMMENTS: I want to help test the map, I think it will be awsome.

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
IGN: jdogsnell
POSITION: tester
EXPERIENCES: Good at sg
BUILDING STRENGTHS: Small builds or giant trees
TIME AVAILABLE:probabaly 1 hour a day
COMMENTS: I want to help test the map, I think it will be awsome.
You're in! Also, would you be able to help build?
Ah, ok, now i got it right ;)
This way everything must be smaller than i first expected, and that will make it a bit easier to build, ok ;)
Different maps would be great too, I think :D But also a lot of additional work...
So, I think the plan is good ;)
Except that everything is going to be the SAME SIZE as it would be if each were a individual map!;) The map will be HUGE and will take a while to build!

TAKE A LOOK AT THE FIRST POST! I HAVE ADDED THE PLUGINS THAT WE WILL BE WORKING WITH!

jackcone

Spectator
Reaction score
Except that everything is going to be the SAME SIZE as it would be if each were a individual map!;) The map will be HUGE and will take a while to build!

TAKE A LOOK AT THE FIRST POST! I HAVE ADDED THE PLUGINS THAT WE WILL BE WORKING WITH!
mh, i don't know if thats a good idea, 'cause it might be hard to play, it must be a 48 player map and even then I think it's too big.

BlackHead

Career
Reaction score
I am typing from my phone so I am not filling the app. Hopefully this post will be enough. Well, I can try to make a logo and maybe trailer later. I can teach some members Voxel and WOrldEdit. It will be nice to use teamspeak for communicating and so...

If this is enough I am in.

Do we have a server yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci