• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

TeamFellowship - Middle Earth (A LOTR MAP!!!!)

Are you excited about this map?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

edwardecho123

Spectator
Reaction score
IGN- edwardecho123
Position- Builder/Tester
Skype- the.slayer.beast
Age- 11
Prior Experiences with Mapmaking- I've made a SG of my own that got picked for frostcast! :) Also I have made many other SG's for my friends! They all LOVE to play them
Building Strengths- Fun creative idea's, parkour, and redstone
Times Available- Depends on what I am doing and if It is holidays or not... average around 12/14 hours a week.
Other Comments- I really think this is a good idea, but i also think that it will me very hard... I love the hard stuff :)

Finbarr

Spectator
Reaction score
I would love to join your guys team.
My name is FinbarrGaledeep.
I am 14 years old.
I love to build in minecraft.
I dont know much about programming but i do know how to build in minecraft and how to use redstone.
I am a huge fan of LOTR.
I would be honored if you would count me in.

Thank you so much.

PS: i probably wont check this to see if i am accepted so if you want to say anything to me send me an email. :)
[email protected]

Finbarr

Spectator
Reaction score
Oh i forgot to mention that since i am a kid i am available a good deal of the time. mostly friday nights.

I had some ideas about adding buildings like Dol Guldur or some things from the hobbit. But if you dont want that its ok. :)

BetaPuffle

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
IGN: BetaPuffle
Position: Builder
Building Strengths:Very good with detail
Past experiences: Riveign (SGmap) look on the MCSG forums to see it
Times available: 3-4 hours a day
I do terraforming

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
What do you think about this as Logo?

Of course the background image must be switched, so that it'll be taken from our world, the actual is taken from:
http://www.planetminecraft.com/server/minecaft-middle-earth/
Lovely!
IGN- edwardecho123
Position- Builder/Tester
Skype- the.slayer.beast
Age- 11
Prior Experiences with Mapmaking- I've made a SG of my own that got picked for frostcast! :) Also I have made many other SG's for my friends! They all LOVE to play them
Building Strengths- Fun creative idea's, parkour, and redstone
Times Available- Depends on what I am doing and if It is holidays or not... average around 12/14 hours a week.
Other Comments- I really think this is a good idea, but i also think that it will me very hard... I love the hard stuff :)
IGN: BetaPuffle
Position: Builder
Building Strengths:Very good with detail
Past experiences: Riveign (SGmap) look on the MCSG forums to see it
Times available: 3-4 hours a day
I do terraforming
IGN (and Skype, if wanted)-CaptButterToast (bfrechette)
Position- Terraformer and builder
Age-14
Prior Experiences with Mapmaking- I can't get to pics right now, but I'm helped with Fallen Empire
Building Strengths- NOT interior decorating or large scale stoof.
Times Available-On weekdays around 3:00pm-7:00pm EST depending on the day.
Other Comments-I am a taco
Sorry for the late response! You all are in!

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
I won't be giving out the server info until I have everything ready (protection against griefers).

Mods, PLEASE MOVE THIS TO MAPS IN PROGRESS!:D:D

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
I will probably open my server tomorrow! I will put the ip in post #1 when it is up.

ChalkAvenue

Spectator
Reaction score

What I have so far in WorldPainter

Corn at the bottom surrounded by lush mountains

Hey guys and gals! How many of you are Lord of the Rings fans? How many of you love everything that has to do with the Lord of the Rings? How would you like to see this map: in pixels in Minecraft? I have been contemplating this idea for quite a while and have finally decided to bring it to life! Over the next few months, TeamFellowship will be constructing THE GREATEST MAP YOU HAVE EVER SEEN IN YOUR LIFE!

Map info:

Because of the enormous size of Middle Earth, not all of these places will be possible to build. However, a lot of places are definitely possibilities to be constructed and probably will be built in this map! Listed below are the places taken under consideration to be built:

1: Hobbiton- A few of the hobbit holes and the town center will be built, but ultimately this is all because of the size restrictions under place.

2: Rohan- For Rohan, we would just include its capital city of Edoras. We could create our own version of it!

2.5: Helms Deep-
As a fortress of Rohan, it would be pretty cool to include!

3: Gondor- As the greatest kingdom (3 times the size of Rohan!), Rohan deserves the largest amount of space and the most attention to detail. Gondor will be the main part of the map! Almost the whole kingdom will be built, and very detailed!

Finally, 4: Mordor- Since there is not much detail known about Mordor, we could improvise it. We do, however, HAVE TO HAVE the Dark Tower and Mount Doom!

I am also considering adding in Rivendell and Isengard if there is space/time.

If there are any ideas for the corn, please comment! I personally like the idea of having it in a central forest. Finally, if anyone has ANYMORE ideas, post them below. I WILL READ ALL THE COMMENTS!

The Team:

In order for this to all be possible, we need some help! If you would like to apply for a position in TeamFellowship, leave your application in this format (you don't have to center it!:p) :

IGN (and Skype, if wanted)-
Position-
Age-
Prior Experiences with Mapmaking-
Building Strengths-
Times Available-
Other Comments-
Positions:
Leader: CaptainJS​
Co-Leader: Ary4sp0ck​
Builder (13 slots):
- jackcone (redstoner)​
- BetaPuffle (bulider/terraformer)​
- edwardecho123​
- CaptButterToast
-​
-​
-​
-​
-​
-​
-​
-​
-​
Terraformer (forms land, mountains- would like prior experience, 3 slots):
- CaptButterToast
-​
-​
Design Helper (helps decide organization of map, hopefully previous mapmaker):
- CaptButterToast
Tester/Alternate (3 slots):
- jdogsnell (funnybunny)​
-​
-​

This map is going to take a lot of effort (blood, sweat, and tears), and we would like people helping who would stick with us through the whole process. I, myself am new to map creating, but have a desire to accomplish this great task for the good of the community! If you have any questions AT ALL, leave them below. We will read ALL THE POSTS! Thank you for your time.

P.S. If anyone would design a logo and/or a trailer for the map, it would be greatly appreciated! Just leave a comment if you would like to do so.:D

*EDIT: Programs that will be used:
World Edit- http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/worldedit/
Forester- http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/forester/
*VoxelSniper (IF UPDATED to 1.5!!!)- http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/voxelsniper/

I found a great way to form the terrain! WORLDPAINTER lets you fully customize all of the terrain and add in natural looking Mountains, rivers, forests, hills, and anything else! You can also choose biomes for certain sections! Unfortunately, this means that there will be less of a need for terraformers. COME CHECK OUT THIS AMAZING PROGRAM!!! http://www.worldpainter.net/
Experiences: Currently working on a map for thebajancanadian, pics arent ready yet
Strengths: Hiding chests, interior decorating (maybe useful in the hobbit holes), I have watched the Hobbit and a bit of Lord of the Rings, both were awesome, I am good at memorizing things
Position: Tester and Builder
Available times: Prob. 30min-3h a day (depends on hw, tutoring, etc.)
Thanks Peoples! This map looks like its gona be really fun to play!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci