• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Teaming is unfair and anti-competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCornStealer

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm fine with people who are skypeing their friends and playing MCSG together but when people randomly team in the lobby or at the start of deathmatch, it really pisses me off! Especially when they immediately fight each other right after they kill me and say GG10 n00b eZ. It just proves how people have changed over time in this community.

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
Feeling the same way, personally I used to be able to win 1/2 solo games. Now I probably win 1/4, but there are a couple factors that contribute to this. First of all I was quite a bit better at pvp and general game strategy back then, secondly there are way more teams now and I my ability to take them out has deteriorated quite a bit.

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
I'm fine with people who are skypeing their friends and playing MCSG together but when people randomly team in the lobby or at the start of deathmatch, it really pisses me off! Especially when they immediately fight each other right after they kill me and say GG10 n00b eZ. It just proves how people have changed over time in this community.
Oh you think you have it bad?? my name has "hack" in it so I automatically get teamed on if anyone says "_Lifehackz_ hacks" I have had players with 500+ wins team on me just because of my name randomly, IT IS SO ANNOYING I DO NOT HACK!!!

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
lol someone else complaining about teaming

Ask any person in a clan about this and they'll laugh at you

Ask any person who actually has the ability to take down a team and they'll laugh at you

Ask any person who plays the game for fun with their friends and they'll laugh at you

Of course teams of 5+ are really annoying, but deal with it. Teams of 2? 3? That's honestly a breeze. Winning solo has definitely became harder due to hackers, teamers, the servers lagging, etc but it's really unavoidable. If winning minecraft is too hard for you and you're getting upset just quit.

UltimateAFS

Diamond
Reaction score
The problem isnt teams themselves that bugs me, its that teams have gotten extremely cocky. Especially since i have over 1k wins, teams will notice that, target me, then spam the chat with trash talk trying to anger me. The thing is, alone most of those people are nothing. Literally, the majority of the time, if someone had trash talked me before, i can beat them with 6+ them next time while theyre alone. Though i do agree, and teaming (and taregeting) are why i /d every game now, you cant really outlaw it. think about it. This gamemode is based off the book and movie series the hunger games. in said series, players teamed up to form a team of skilled players:the elites. it only makes sense for teaming to be allowed.

Claq

Career
Reaction score
lol someone else complaining about teaming

Ask any person in a clan about this and they'll laugh at you

Ask any person who actually has the ability to take down a team and they'll laugh at you

Ask any person who plays the game for fun with their friends and they'll laugh at you

Of course teams of 5+ are really annoying, but deal with it. Teams of 2? 3? That's honestly a breeze. Winning solo has definitely became harder due to hackers, teamers, the servers lagging, etc but it's really unavoidable. If winning minecraft is too hard for you and you're getting upset just quit.
2 true

Xystz

Quantum
Reaction score
This is an amazing idea, but unfortunately threads like this have been posted and it won't happen. :(

patrickfalcon

Platinum
Reaction score
Yes I do remember a day when you never saw teams and most of the players would play solo but now you either team or or get killed by a team, just today I saw a team of 7, along with two of there friends being in spectator mode... Sort of ridiculous. On the other hand teaming can be really fun as long as it doesn't get massive, then it's quite bothersome even when your in the call/team.

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
Well I actually read this thread and I left me with a feeling that change could be at hand from the works of a well written peace. Regardless of your eloquence, I do feel that the omnipotent leaders of these servers have to and do have the biggest say in matters like this.

I am all for teaming and/or solo servers, they are a brilliant idea that I feel other servers do and run extremely well. These solo or team servers are the only thing to me that are pros for those other servers versus MCSG. Gameplay whys, no one can compare to the skill the players and servers bring to a user. However I would love the opinion of those who matter: Col_StaR DracoHD Le0 CAm

Also: ChadTheDJ?

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
First staff member. :D

As much as teaming frustrates us all, it's not something that could be stopped without conflict. These servers will never have any rules against teaming as long as it lives, because its a freedom that we wish to uphold in order to make the servers more realistic. If you can't beat the teams, you can either try to assemble one of your own, or have to live with it and cross your fingers that you don't come across as many. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci