• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Teaming is unfair and anti-competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jreitere

Diamond
Reaction score
What I think people are missing about what he is saying is that we should create separate servers. I am 10,000% in agreement with you. MCSG needs to figure this out. I payed $100 to this server and I expect better treatment then to die basically every game to a team where there is nothing I can do.
MCSG needs to do one of the following: Make anywhere from half of the lobbys to 10 of the lobbys into FFA only. That way everyone can still team and enjoy doing what they want on all the servers, but for the people who want to not get teammed and have a fun time practicing their ability they can go to the FFA lobbys. And I can guarantee that those would probably get more popular. Which is why the following idea is probably even better.
Making select servers teams only, you have to go in and type something like /team jreitere and add them to your team. Like Jonny said there should be some for 2 teams 3 teams, etc. And all the other lobbys would be FFA.

I think this is a great idea, I can finally ENJOY MCSG. People can still team if they want to, but keep in mind, the staff should be here to please us and make this a better experience; not keep it the same and let some of us suffer just so others can play together. :3

jreitere

Diamond
Reaction score
The topics of teams has been brought up so many times before that each thread about it has started to meld together in the same arguments.

I won't waste my time reiterating my points as I've done as I have in the past. But as one of the head policy makers for this community, I must state that there is no feasible nor easy way for us to implement any sort of ban on teaming. We can't remove teaming any more than we can remove users using gaming keyboards and mice. Coding a script for it would be nearly impossible to establish a criteria for. Having our mods look for it would require a lot of visual interpretation and would ultimately be a waste of their time. And having an established rule on bans for teams would instill a series of counter-arguments opposing the ban; everyone is okay with rules against hacking and abuse, but teaming lies in a grey area that people will fight for and against. It's too much of a headache for such a minor thing.

If you want to see just how well having a rule against teaming goes, a certain other community has it in their rules that teams of 3 or more are not allowed. Yet teams of seven still occur over there, and not a single effective punishment is to be found.

I think that the question of trash talk, e.g. "eZ" or "get rekt" is another discussion entirely. You can have a team who is polite, and you can have a solo who's a jerk. We can discuss the two issues separately.

I understand what you are saying, that it would be difficult to implement bans for teams. But listen to his suggestions and what I have said. What is the issue with putting some FFA only lobbys, just a couple to test it out, where people can go by the honor code to not team?

Also, just a random thought, but would it maybe be possible that they could implement a code that if two people are standing within 10 blocks of eachother for a certain amount of time it can give them both warnings to stop teaming, and if they dont they are kicked from the game? Something along those lines might just work

Last edited:

Siewer

Tribute
Reaction score
http://imgur.com/yZZj8Ab

I had full iron and iron sword, and they came out of no where and rekt me easily. I find myself in a similar situation almost every game now. I think there needs to be solo servers that don't allow teaming. BS like this makes my wanna stop playing mcsg, although it's like this on every other SG server I can think of.

LovinMcBitz

Platinum
Reaction score
You can control teams more, Like how the hive has in a way. The rules state that u can not have more then 4 in a team - but this is not helpful. Teams of 2 are ok, but there is no way to stop teams as a whole.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
With the 1.8 update I find it so much harder to destroy teams. MCSG has ruined their servers, my honest opinions is that they don't listen to the community. I also hate how they handle bans, if you report someone they always say "user has been dealt with" however they even say that if they DON'T get banned. If they don't get banned how has the user been "dealt with" ?

Compare that to Badlion, just recently the UPDATED THEIR ANTI CHEAT (which actually works by the way), they banned 1,800 hackers, yes 1,800 and just yesterday I fought two hackers and they were kicked MID-GAME.

Now, with teaming. It's got to a point where MCSG is becoming unplayable if you're a solo player. You can not play a single game anymore without a minimum of 1 team in your game. I understand why people team, and why it's fun however there's literally 3-4 teams in the majority of servers which are practically unbeatable, especially in 1.8.

My message to MCSG - Actually listen to the community, stop claiming you do listen just because you installed some nonsense raffle system. Don't claim you listened to us for a stat reset, you wanted that. Sure a lot of players wanted it after you announced. You only do what you feel like you need to do. Doing a stat reset surely will bring new players, but it won't stop MCSG from dying. My honest opinion is that you're only resetting because you want more active players, which will bring EVEN MORE teams so RIP solo players.

MCSG isn't much fun anymore. Really isn't. It's a waste of time because most games you play you get to death match with a dirty randy team (which I've beaten a fair few times but not the point). I used to see teams as a challenge but not any more, there's TOO MANY for it to be a challenge. It's pointless now, not a challenge.

I honestly see in the future MCSG still not listening to it's community. The community will be saying RIP MCSG.

MaximMine

Platinum
Reaction score
With the 1.8 update I find it so much harder to destroy teams. MCSG has ruined their servers, my honest opinions is that they don't listen to the community. I also hate how they handle bans, if you report someone they always say "user has been dealt with" however they even say that if they DON'T get banned. If they don't get banned how has the user been "dealt with" ?

Compare that to Badlion, just recently the UPDATED THEIR ANTI CHEAT (which actually works by the way), they banned 1,800 hackers, yes 1,800 and just yesterday I fought two hackers and they were kicked MID-GAME.

Now, with teaming. It's got to a point where MCSG is becoming unplayable if you're a solo player. You can not play a single game anymore without a minimum of 1 team in your game. I understand why people team, and why it's fun however there's literally 3-4 teams in the majority of servers which are practically unbeatable, especially in 1.8.

My message to MCSG - Actually listen to the community, stop claiming you do listen just because you installed some nonsense raffle system. Don't claim you listened to us for a stat reset, you wanted that. Sure a lot of players wanted it after you announced. You only do what you feel like you need to do. Doing a stat reset surely will bring new players, but it won't stop MCSG from dying. My honest opinion is that you're only resetting because you want more active players, which will bring EVEN MORE teams so RIP solo players.

MCSG isn't much fun anymore. Really isn't. It's a waste of time because most games you play you get to death match with a dirty randy team (which I've beaten a fair few times but not the point). I used to see teams as a challenge but not any more, there's TOO MANY for it to be a challenge. It's pointless now, not a challenge.

I honestly see in the future MCSG still not listening to it's community. The community will be saying RIP MCSG.
Agreed, but badlion also bans people who dont hack, and if they try to make a ban dispute without being a liar in it, they wont get unbanned and they'll get told that they are a cheating liar : (

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
Agreed, but badlion also bans people who dont hack, and if they try to make a ban dispute without being a liar in it, they wont get unbanned and they'll get told that they are a cheating liar : (
MaximHaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci