• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

TeamVareide needs your advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer101luke

District 13
Reaction score
The maps are awesome. but i would like more.......
1. MORE PARCOUR!
2.Less crafting tables so its harder to go to the corn.
3.Puzzles (That wont kill you if you get them wrong)
4.In map 3 more buildings
5.MORE PARCOUR!
6.More lighting im map 3 corn.
7.More epic plains with traps.
8.Co-op puzzles.
9.Clues to puzzles.
10 MORE PARCOUR!

11. In a future map make a lever that triggers an epic room on the opposite side of the map.(that would be cool)
12. More dispecncers

I love em yet these would make me play then everyday.

mnspoon

Diamond
Reaction score
Map 4 seems fine, but a little small for the way it's designed. I think to have something as big as the train tracks should conceal more chests and be more aesthetic as well.
Agreed.

Gamer101luke

District 13
Reaction score
You should add mobs in it when it gets night time
Thats not in the map thats the MCSG crew's plugin that disables mobs because in the normal hunger games theres no creepers or any of that stuff.

Glitchy

Experienced
Reaction score
For maps... I would suggest,
  1. Map 1: This was a fun map when it was one of the only two out there. Now there is a lot of choices to choose from. Map 1 battling against Sg4, Breeze Island, or Khamawamahwma (for some reason o_O) would never stand a chance in the votes unless several people have memorized a specific chest route no one uses and is ready for a long tiring game. Maybe think about connecting some of the islands together with each other, (you will add more playing field for players and there will be less 'water fights'.
  2. Map 2: I don't know what to say about this... It was my favorite map made by your team (until 4 came out of coarse) the problem is for me is I NEVER won on it. I don't know why, for some reason it was never possible for me. Anyway, from my mistakes I have learned from this map I know now looking aimlessly in random buildings isn't that useful. I would suggest, again, possibly scattering the chests. Also in the bank, I still have no idea what the combination is, maybe add more clues for that..
  3. Map 3: By the way, this is an assumption but, I think SG3 is the least played/picked map by your team, it could do with some of it. It was never one of my favorites, as mentioned above by krackan, if you don't get decent items from spawn, you're at a disadvantage. The forest is gigantic, it reminds me of SG1 (which I never had a pleasant time on). I think this map could be really cool if you added some chests in the trees, you could have an entire city in the trees! To me this could spark enjoyment in the game for some players who played during the time SG3 came out. If you Without something in this map, all you're left with are Tributes aimlessly walking around the map looking for a chest... (especially new players). This will probably take awhile to create but I think it would definitely be worth it. :D
  4. Map 4: is Beautiful, I love it, best map (in my opinion) that your team has created thus far. I would love it as others have mentioned to switch up the chest locations if you're willing to. It would add a new feel to the map, confuse people who memorize maps completely (looking for a sword and tier 2 chests).
As a whole I think you should try to..
  • add chests/structures to map 3
  • more jumping puzzles, traps to all of them
  • hidden/well hidden chests to all the maps, though I love it, Map 4 has chests under leaf blocks in the ground... What tha..? (oddly enough I feel as if I'm the only one who goes for them when I have nothing)
  • hidden Easter eggs in the maps like on map 2! (signs in the houses)
Thanks for the awesome maps you guys create for MCSG. Without you, we would of started completely different! I'm glad that these servers take into account what other people have to say about the maps, and the 'Glitches'/bugs the servers have. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
if u were going to update them all then put in anvils
Anvils cost lots of experience to use, They would have to bring in some way of geting more experince for them to be worth it. Also they would have to add enchantment tables for them to have any real use. For decoration yes but for actual use I think we can do without them. Just my opinion.

Reaction score
Id say add more chests are around some of the maps so that we dont have so many people with out any items, and add more eastereggs to the maps like in map 2. They were cool. Heres an Idear why dont you put easteregs in al of the 4 offical maps and have them tell some sort of story? I think that would be cool. Im not so sure I like the Idear of scatering all of the chests. A lot of people have put a lot of time and effort in to remembering where they all are and Im not sure if it would be fair to them to have them all moved.

Twee

District 13
Reaction score
give us3 more crafting tables!

senacherub

Spectator
Reaction score
I think map 3 could use a makeover. I find it's pretty hard to navigate and the chests I do manage to find are low tier chests with rotten flesh. unless I get a weapon from the center I'm usually pretty screwed over. Also, definitely more traps! But not ones that people will find out about quickly and never fall for again, I mean ones that have a reward at the end, but it is extremely dangerous to get to. I think SG1 needs something new to make people enjoy it again, it seems like it's never played anymore. I don't know exactly what, but something so that people don't know the entire map anymore. Map 2 needs more chests that are easily accessible, I go through my quick chest route but than I'm left blank. Most chests you need to go up large buildings to get, and even then you only get 1 or 2 chests that aren't very good. I'm not saying make them super easy, just make it so it doesn't take until night to get 1 chest.

thepalgamer

Survivor
Reaction score
Bring back mobs. they made the maps feel alive. Also, adding new items like an ender pearl and a map that actually works would really satisfy me. But for me, the best change you could possibly make for balance is at night, refill every chest EXCEPT the cornucopia. The game would be much more balanced that way Oh, and while this is on another topic, get rid of voting. Please.

Saisho

Tribute
Reaction score
Just one request not many people know about this and that is because it is very hard to find the villager in map 1 needs some kind of buff what you actually get from completing the 'puzzle' is not worth the time and effort also bring back the gold record :D Ty

OlsenInc

Career
Reaction score
Embrace yourself!
a long post has arrived!
Well since minecraft have updated to 1.4.2 there's a ton of stuff that can be done on each separate map.
One of the most important changes, is the command block. This block has so much variation in it!
There's a bunch of stuff which could be done by using this, some few and quick examples i came up with now:

Traps / Teleporting
- Would have been awesome if a command block sent a message across the server telling someone fell in trap or simply sends a PM to the person who "fell" in the trap).​
- Someone activated a command block that causes him/she to get teleported to the person which is closest.
- A player is doing a lava parkour but failed epically, as the player falls and hits the lava a "pressure plate underneath/trip wire" activates a command block which teleports them back to the start of the parkour.
One possible thing to fix to it, is to have a piston that pushes a block that would block the signal after the player has be teleported, that way it's only one "safe" try. This way people don't have to die on the first try, unless someone has already failed and gotten teleported back.

This is just something i came up with while i was writing, which might be really cool to add in.
Let's say that I'm playing on a server and chosen map which is going to be played is the survival games 2.​
As the game started i decided to go to the bank and down to the vault. Now to open the vault where the treasure is, i would have to push the right combination for the vault to open(Cpt. Obv). So let's say for instance that i pushed the wrong combination 3 times. Now as i pushed the wrong code 3 times it would activate a command block which magically teleports me into a jail for 30 seconds. Then after being in a rotten and miserable jail for 30 seconds i would automatically get teleported back. To spice things up here a bit, let's say that we have added one of these three following items: redstone torch, redstone lamp or a command block which indicates when a player has been put into jail (which in this case would be me). While i'm waiting to get teleported back out of jail the other players on the server would have been notified that "A player has been put to into jail". Now the odds of that someone is camping where i'm supposedly getting teleported out of is high, i would suggest to fix more places to get teleported out, as well as the teleports are random. So here's one suggestion, the bank has 4 entrances which equals four possible places to get teleported out. Anyways, i think you guys get the idea.

Now to suggestions on what to change/add on each separate map.

SurvivalGames 1:
Make a huge arrow which is pointing down on the cornucopia! I always seem to get lost when i'm playing it, even tho I've been playing it plenty of times i still have a hard time finding it!:D Anyways time to be serious lol. Well the only thing i can say about SG1 is that it needs more chests. Having masses of tree's scattered around the whole map makes it harder, which equals more fun (At least from my point of view), so can't complain on that part. But changing some of the trees to "man made" instead of sapling / bone meal (/Bigtree tree) wont hurt. Maybe add some "hard to get" chests, more traps and a few more houses.

SurvivalGames 2:
(Well I've already said one loong suggestion, but since it would require "some" redstone i won't know how the server would handle it nor if the command block [is going to be/have been] enabled).

Now for me SG2 is the best map and will always be the best map ever created! So the only thing i can see in front of me being changed is maybe do some "1.4.2" designs with stairs/cobblestone wall etc and maybe move some of the chests to some new locations. But in my opinion the changes on this map should be minimal.

SurvivalGames 3:
This map is like SG2 for me when it comes to changing/adding, i want the changes to be minimal.
One thing that could be cool to fix is maybe a smaller version of it, which isn't quite so big as the original.
This way the 24 slot server has a smaller SG3 map instead of having the original one which is a bit huge for 24 players. So for me a small version, maybe some different designs on some of the buildings/places and perhaps add some abandoned houses in the midst of the jungle and since witches has been added perhaps make a witch hut(s)?.

SurvivalGames 4:
Haven't played this map so much, so i can't really say so much about it, but i'll give it a try at least.
So to start of with,the size and the "quality" of the map compared to the past SG maps isn't so much to brag about.
I feel that there is to much space to walk on without stumbling or headbanging into a wall/building.
The map is nice in some ways but i feel there is more negative ways rather positive ones. So my suggestion is to add more structures and perhaps make it bigger(?) So it's playable on a 48 slot server.

I guess that's all I've got, lol. Anyways, didn't mean to sound so harsh! But everyone is allowed to have a different opinion right? :p And since i make music, i'm used to giving both negative/positive feedback.
So yeah, looking forward to see changes in the near future!

Sincerely, OlsenInc
Btw, my english might be bad as i haven't slept tonight lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci