• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Advantages of the 1.8 Update (or "1.8 - Day 24 Update")

hdwisiaaof

Diamond
Reaction score
1.8 has improved the PvP aspect a lot! The rod is a lot more helpful now :) I get better hits with bad ping as well! It will take some time for people to get used to it, to come out of their mindset and then I can say, 1.8 is truly a hit!
PROMOTE ME PROMOTE ME

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
The PvP isn't "broken" you simply haven't adapted yet to the new style of PvPing. And because your old ways don't work anymore you consider it "broken". The FPS lagg is something on your own side, if you want to play lag free you'll need a somewhat decent computer.
I have adapted to the new style but it's still ruined for what it used to be, when updates happen things are meant to improve however the pvp has most definitely gotten worse.

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
/echo*** (not saying the command out loud) is also a feature where if you type it and press tab all the disguised players will show up on a list.
nope they patched that! it doesn't show any names anymore and if you press tab a lot you'll get kicked out of the game!

iFaqe

Spectator
Reaction score
Getting use to 1.8 isn't that difficult, the problem is, MCSG just isn't the same as it used to be.

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't understand why so many of the 1.8 supporters are calling those against it short-sighted or ignorant, especially considering when the update was announced it was noted that the pvp was flawed. Regardless I'll throw in my counter argument for the update.

Fewer Hacks and Less Hackers
It's true that hackers have diminished but they've grown much stronger, I'll offer an ideal comparison:
1.7 hacker:

1.8 hacker:

1.8 hackers are literally impossible to hit with any melee attacks, so unless you have three teammates or a stack of arrows, say goodbye to that win.
Performance Increases
I've noticed a significant performance increase BUT that increase is beyond nullified by the fact that you have to highly increase your render just to see other players.

New Map Blocks and Items
Unless your name is Shelby you probably don't care about this.

The Spectating Feature
Like all things in 1.8 Mojang did a very poor job of making the spectator mode. Like most I greatly prefer the previous one.

Increased Developer Efficiency and Abilities
Like Joel said I'm calling bull on this 2.5x workload.

inconceivable81

Platinum
Reaction score
Ok, let me just tell you why you are wrong (except for the fact that you haven't mentioned the fact that PvP is now terrible quality). The new spectator gamemode is a BAD THING! The problem with it is that it means that:
1. People can go through blocks to find map secrets
2. You can't try a parkour in this gamemode
To continue... The actual PvP is terrible. If people think that 1.7 was all about ping, then 1.8 is literally only ping. The new hit-for-hit thing in 1.8 doesn't mean that everyone gets equal hits (although that would be stupid anyway), it means that people with better ping will get all the hits, and the other can watch and die. Also, you can hardly get any hits in a few seconds unless you have negative ping, so taking out teams, or simply overly stacked players is impossible.
Next, the amount of hackers has decreased, admittedly, but the new hacks are way more overpowered than those of 1.7 hackers. Killing hackers was no big deal in 1.7, now the hackers have around 7 blocks reach, and even hitting them is physically impossible, let alone killing them. Also, there are hardly any mods (haven't seen one in around 3 weeks) and /report doesn't achieve anything, so the hacker problem is worse. And anyway, I value PvP quality over amount of hackers.
Next, as you perfectly well know, the new blocks and items only cause more glitches, such as the one found in one of Huahwi's more recent videos, where getting stuck in a slime block means that you die if someone fishing rods you out. This is also true for many other blocks, you simply lag back a lot more. And to top that, MCSG is one of very few large servers that doesn't have a decent anti-cheat, instead MCSG just implements things to get more money, such as decreasing the amount of servers and adding annoying and lag-causing pets.
Also, although this is not 1.8, why the HELL would I lose a game if I /kill in Pre-Game?! Whose idea was that? I know that some of the staff members have problems, but couldn't someone with a tiny amount of clear judgement remaining have stopped them?
Finally, there is the clear crashing of MCSG servers even more than ever before. Of course, it might just be MCSG devs focusing on the wrong things, but games crash way too often these days.

To end it off, no TL;DR, the post is quite clear. I know that MCSG won't revert back to a reasonable version, as none of the staff members care about actual PvP, but just want to get more money from pets, which may or may not only be compatible with 1.8 (which would explain everything). Otherwise, the update to 1.8 only is crap.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Our servers are stable, our playerbase has adjusted, and the network continues to fly turbulence-free with MCGamer Airlines.
But most players like Turbulence... xD

I don't like 1.8, but I understand why the changes were necessary. But you know what really ticks me off? When people think 1.8 haters are stupid. There are legitimate reasons that people don't like 1.8, and here's what happens:
1) 1.8 liker supports post.
2) 1.8 hater criticizes 1.8.
3) 1.8 liker says 1.8 hater is ignorant.
4) 1.8 hater, who has actually researched more than 1.8 liker, says the 1.8 liker is ignorant.
5) They both get angry at each other.

I understand why people get mad at 1.8 haters, but acting like they are just dumb is a very immature thing to do.

Last edited:

hdwisiaaof

Diamond
Reaction score
Ok, let me just tell you why you are wrong (except for the fact that you haven't mentioned the fact that PvP is now terrible quality). The new spectator gamemode is a BAD THING! The problem with it is that it means that:
1. People can go through blocks to find map secrets
2. You can't try a parkour in this gamemode
To continue... The actual PvP is terrible. If people think that 1.7 was all about ping, then 1.8 is literally only ping. The new hit-for-hit thing in 1.8 doesn't mean that everyone gets equal hits (although that would be stupid anyway), it means that people with better ping will get all the hits, and the other can watch and die. Also, you can hardly get any hits in a few seconds unless you have negative ping, so taking out teams, or simply overly stacked players is impossible.
Next, the amount of hackers has decreased, admittedly, but the new hacks are way more overpowered than those of 1.7 hackers. Killing hackers was no big deal in 1.7, now the hackers have around 7 blocks reach, and even hitting them is physically impossible, let alone killing them. Also, there are hardly any mods (haven't seen one in around 3 weeks) and /report doesn't achieve anything, so the hacker problem is worse. And anyway, I value PvP quality over amount of hackers.
Next, as you perfectly well know, the new blocks and items only cause more glitches, such as the one found in one of Huahwi's more recent videos, where getting stuck in a slime block means that you die if someone fishing rods you out. This is also true for many other blocks, you simply lag back a lot more. And to top that, MCSG is one of very few large servers that doesn't have a decent anti-cheat, instead MCSG just implements things to get more money, such as decreasing the amount of servers and adding annoying and lag-causing pets.
Also, although this is not 1.8, why the HELL would I lose a game if I /kill in Pre-Game?! Whose idea was that? I know that some of the staff members have problems, but couldn't someone with a tiny amount of clear judgement remaining have stopped them?
Finally, there is the clear crashing of MCSG servers even more than ever before. Of course, it might just be MCSG devs focusing on the wrong things, but games crash way too often these days.

To end it off, no TL;DR, the post is quite clear. I know that MCSG won't revert back to a reasonable version, as none of the staff members care about actual PvP, but just want to get more money from pets, which may or may not only be compatible with 1.8 (which would explain everything). Otherwise, the update to 1.8 only is crap.
ur right
But most players like Turbulence... xD

I don't like 1.8, but I understand why the changes were necessary. But you know what really ticks me off? When people think 1.8 haters are stupid. There are legitimate reasons that people don't like 1.8, and here's what happens:
1) 1.8 liker supports post.
2) 1.8 hater criticizes 1.8.
3) 1.8 liker says 1.8 hater is ignorant.
4) 1.8 hater, who has actually researched more than 1.8 liker, says the 1.8 liker is ignorant.
5) They both get angry at each other.

I understand why people get mad at 1.8 haters, but acting like they are just dumb is a very immature thing to do.
ur right also

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
People who like this- Casuals or staff

People who dislike this- Competitive or reasonable players
It's more like this:

People who like this- Casuals or staff or reasonable players

People who dislike this- Competitive players

Wickyy

Career
Reaction score
The PvP isn't "broken" you simply haven't adapted yet to the new style of PvPing. And because your old ways don't work anymore you consider it "broken". The FPS lagg is something on your own side, if you want to play lag free you'll need a somewhat decent computer.
Do you consider random combos, unexplainable reach, messed up knock-back and broken block hitting a "new style of pvp" ? Also the lag issue is not just me, i know alot of ppl get more lag spikes in 1.8 and none in 1.7 that have decent computers.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci