• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Advantages of the 1.8 Update (or "1.8 - Day 24 Update")

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Do you consider random combos, unexplainable reach, messed up knock-back and broken block hitting a "new style of pvp" ? Also the lag issue is not just me, i know alot of ppl get more lag spikes in 1.8 and none in 1.7 that have decent computers.

Mr_Gears

God Himself
Reaction score
1.8 May add a lot of cool new features and a different style of pvp but most players prefer 1.7 pvp over 1.8. Now don't say people like myself, who prefer 1.7 ignorant because we choose to prefer that version of pvp over 1.8. I see many things wrong with 1.8 because it was rushed towards the end. I simply think 1.7 is better for pvp. It's not that I don't "accept change" or "accept the fact that change is better" it's because I like being able to have fair fights. Lots almost impossible to do a fair fight anymore. Hackers may have decreased overall but they've become much harder to kill. I would like to see a comparison on 1.7 pvp and 1.8. Now, not trying to compare or anything but MCG is the only 1.8 only server that's "big." Meaning, Hive, Hypixel, Mineplex and many more both support 1.7 and 1.8.

Now, MCG is great and all but they do have lots of flaws. I would like to point out that Hive and Hypixel, both insanely popular servers just like MCG run both versions but they both run way more mini games. Now tell me this, why is it 2.5x more work? I highly doubt that. Hive and Hypixel run tons of plugins both compatible with 1.7 and 1.8.

I can't put more here cause I'm currently out but I'll give more detailed reasons and explain more of what I think when I can.

FYI: this is my opinion and I know little kids are going to flip over what I've said, so I have one word for you all.
Chill.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Col_StaR You're wrong. Accept it and stop money hoarding.
Holy moly, we got a hater right here!

1) MCGamer is non-profit. He's not "hoarding."
2) Explain what he is wrong about.
3) Are you saying 1.8 is bad in every imaginable way, or are you just trying to offend Col?

inconceivable81

Platinum
Reaction score
Agreed with everything except the conclusion from personal experience. Better conclusion; 1.8 offers nothing good and breaks PvP. It also lets MCSG get more money.

3) Are you saying 1.8 is bad in every imaginable way, or are you just trying to offend Col?
I have already explained how he is wrong. And 1.8 is worse in every way that matters. And considering the fact that devs and Chad earn money... You might just be severely misinformed. And offending him was not the point. the point is how annoying stupid people such as Col_Star are trying to lie their way out of reasoning logically, wherein they make a stupid change that only profits them.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Agreed with everything except the conclusion from personal experience. Better conclusion; 1.8 offers nothing good and breaks PvP. It also lets MCSG get more money.

Not sorry for double post
Even if MCGamer ever earned a profit, I don't see why that would be such a terrible thing.

As for 1.8 "breaking" PvP, that's just your opinion, so I'm not going to waste time arguing about that.

inconceivable81

Platinum
Reaction score

Even if MCGamer ever earned a profit, I don't see why that would be such a terrible thing.

As for 1.8 "breaking" PvP, that's just your opinion, so I'm not going to waste time arguing about that.
Define your use of the word 'just'. It is the opinion of just about everyone that is above nooby at PvP and has an opinion.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Define your use of the word 'just'. It is the opinion of just about everyone that is above nooby at PvP and has an opinion.
I used "just" to mean "only." in the first post, and in the second, I used it to describe that an opinion isn't anything more than an opinion.

I find it hard to believe that at least a third of the community (including me) thinks 1.8 broke PvP. MCGamer would lose a ton of their fanbase, and that hasn't happened. I don't like 1.8, but it's not like the changes weren't for good reason.

I am going to leave this thread now, because I no longer have a place on it. Hope you seize the day :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci