• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Downfall of MCSG?

Kellyys

District 13
Reaction score
MCGamers main gamemode is Survival Games and badlions main gamemode is UHC. Lets be honest, the UHC community is fairly larger than the Survival Games community and I believe lots of people can agree on that ;)

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It started the 'downfall' ages ago, it was just that only a few people saw it. The same can be said about the PvP community in general nowadays. MCSG and Minecraft PvP in general have both lost their spark.

It's because there isn't that much community interest in the game now compared to a year or 2 years ago. All the things that there are to be done have been done, and in great amounts of. The struggle nowadays is to create something unique, but there will almost always be some type of gamemode that is in some way or another similar to your idea.

There's also less interest in current gamemodes because they've been around for so damn long that it gets repetitive after a while, or just not fun at all. Try playing the same song on a musical instrument everyday for 3 years and you'll know what I mean. Eventually, you do reach a point where it's fun because you know it so well, but after that, the familiar gradually transitions to the boring. Some people still manage to make something out of these older gamemodes, something that they still can get from it- but there's only so much of that that can happen too.

UHC is probably one of the only 'avenues' of Minecraft PvP that haven't exactly gotten old yet, simply because its time in the limelight is quite short in comparison to things like MCSG.

tl;dr the game is aging, and along with that comes lack of interest within the community

J

District 13
Reaction score
Badlion is more of a UHC/1v1 Server. MCGamer is more of a Survival Games server. Now comparing those two, MCGamer seems to have many many more players in terms of Survival Games while Badlion's Survival Games isn't as popular. However, knowing Archybot (the owner of Badlion and developer of anticheat) if they continue their efforts into improving multiple plugins involving Survival Games or even adding more PvP games, their numbers will rise and ultimately MCSG players will go over to Badlion.

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'd also like to add that player count is not necessarily respective of which gamemode is 'the best'. MCSG might have 2x more players on at any given time, but that doesn't necessarily indicate that MCSG > BadlionSG.

Getix

District 13
Reaction score
And our 50k who play daily would like to challenge Badlion's 1k to a 50v1 clan battle.
True that. ^.^

Also, I think 1vs1 gametype will be great addition to the MCGamer. I think about competitive and "non-competitive" 1vs1. Of course, with a lot of different kits. \_(°√°)_/

Jdennis

Platinum
Reaction score
In my opinion unless mcgamer get some advertisement and new gamemodes in then they will fall within the next year , I mean we have already seen them go from 4,000 to 2,000 in under 6 months , badlion is starting to rule over MCgamer. MCgamer need to increase advertisement and gamemodes or i can see it falling within the next year massively! They will never have money problems of course but they will eventually have to reduce the amount of servers they have open etc.... The fall is coming unless they sort it out!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci