• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES The Eye of Horus [Ghost Build Team]

Do you think the map should be added?

• Yes, the map looks amazing!

Votes: 146 80.2%
  • No, I don't think it would work

Votes: 36 19.8%

• Total voters

Aafk3

Survivor
Reaction score
That's really not true. MCSG has many maps with attention to detail, they just are not very popular. For instance, Origins, Kharmunrah, TE's maps, SG2, SG5, Most of RF's maps. I feel like MCSG's mapmakers are much more knowledgeable PvP-wise so most maps are made with combat in mind, rather than just looking nice, which is my problem with most of the Hive maps. (Plus they have even more op routes than we do)
I do agree with Origins, SG2. But I can not agree with Kharmunrah, it is a desert biome with a pyramid and a couple towns/shops (That aren't even well built). I can see where you think SG5 has a lot of details, but its mainly snow and massive, magnificent buildings (Which you can't even enter). I'm talking the maps that are played very often (I.E: Breeze Island, SG4, ValleySide). I guess I didn't stress the use of leaves enough, on lots of Hive maps they use leaves as the main aesthetic and it works, barely any maps on MCSG do that, other than Origins, (Breeze Island 2 does also, but that is a Hive map). I'm not about PvP very much (I love the idea of having hard to manoeuvre terrain to get through, so that the better Minecraft player wins, rather than the better PvP-er) I'm about looks, man.

Frondome

Survivor
Reaction score
That's really not true. MCSG has many maps with attention to detail, they just are not very popular. For instance, Origins, Kharmunrah, TE's maps, SG2, SG5, Most of RF's maps. I feel like MCSG's mapmakers are much more knowledgeable PvP-wise so most maps are made with combat in mind, rather than just looking nice, which is my problem with most of the Hive maps. (Plus they have even more op routes than we do)
To be perfectly honest, if the map doesn't have any op routes, it probably won't get voted for because let's face it, people mainly vote for a map because that an op route meaning they have an advantage over the other players. This is really write dad because there are some fantastic maps that never get played because very few of the maps are tiered properly. For example, a lot of people will vote for lobby games so they can get to the blimp which has (correct me if I'm wrong) 4 double tier 2 but people will rarely vote for sg3 because thew are next to none tier 2s.

Last edited:

Sok0321

Tribute
Reaction score
Now that is a map to be proud of. All the detail and pure art that went into it is amazing. Almost feels like an upside down Karmunrah. Just curious here, is there any way for players to access the top or inside of the pyramid? Or is that where death match takes place? Overall I think your team has really outdone themselves. Fantastic job Ghosts. I can't wait to see it hit the games!

Austin_HG

District 13
Reaction score
Now that is a map to be proud of. All the detail and pure art that went into it is amazing. Almost feels like an upside down Karmunrah. Just curious here, is there any way for players to access the top or inside of the pyramid? Or is that where death match takes place? Overall I think your team has really outdone themselves. Fantastic job Ghosts. I can't wait to see it hit the games!
Yes, there is a parkour from the top of the Runic Gate to the entrance of the pyramid. This opens up a vast array of traps and mazes, as well as a secondary parkour to the top of the pyramid.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
To be perfectly honest, if the map doesn't have any op routes, it probably won't get voted for because let's face it, people mainly vote for a map because that an op route meaning they have an advantage over the other players. This is really write dad because there are some fantastic maps that never get played because very few of the maps are tiered properly. For example, a lot of people will vote for lobby games so they can get to the blimp which has (correct me if I'm wrong) 4 double tier 2 but people will rarely vote for sg3 because thew are next to none tier 2s.
While this does play into map selection, it more often is how long matches take that decides what map is voted. The general public hates and rarely votes for maps with long games, and to be honest, when I'm only playing to keep my leaderboard place and not just chilling with my friends I vote for the fastest maps. When I'm just having fun I'll vote for long maps like Origins, TE maps, and other maps like that but otherwise I probably won't.

Austin_HG

District 13
Reaction score
While this does play into map selection, it more often is how long matches take that decides what map is voted. The general public hates and rarely votes for maps with long games, and to be honest, when I'm only playing to keep my leaderboard place and not just chilling with my friends I vote for the fastest maps. When I'm just having fun I'll vote for long maps like Origins, TE maps, and other maps like that but otherwise I probably won't.
I agree :p That is why we made this map a similar size to SG4, a popular size.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
I agree :p That is why we made this map a similar size to SG4, a popular size.
Luckily this map doesn't look too extremely hilly and there are lots of landmarks to make it easy to find corn. Treacherous Heights was around the size of SG4, but it was super hilly, and had little to no landmarks.

Frazzel

Experienced
Reaction score
Luckily this map doesn't look too extremely hilly and there are lots of landmarks to make it easy to find corn. Treacherous Heights was around the size of SG4, but it was super hilly, and had little to no landmarks.
.... Treacherous height =400 radius
sg4 =200 radius... No where near the same size :3

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
Congrats on the acception, you totally deserve it! I went through 100+ lobbies trying to find it so I can take screenshots for my SG thumbnail ^_^ I didn't have much luck ;(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci