• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The God Debate v2

Do you believe in God?

• Yes

Votes: 58 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 60 50.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
"Much rather believe in God and find out there isn't one; or not believe in God and find out there is one." -mom
That is known as Pascal's wager and it's already considered bs cause there are so many religions that you are unlikely to get it right.

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
500 people have said they've seen Elvis alive.

Okay ask your voice the answer to the strong goldbach conjecture. You will get 1 million in prize money and a Nobel prize in mathematics. If he can't answer then you can conclude that that voice is you.
That's not how it works.

I can't ask it, I can't control it, I can't decide when it shows up, etc. Yet when it does, I know to follow it.

I don't belief in one, omnipotent god. I don't believe in any specific religion either. I don't believe in an afterlife.

I believe that there are higher beings looking over us. We're like rats in a laboratory or fish in a tank. Quite a depressing thought, but it is what I believe.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
hey

let me settle this

there's no way to prove either way, so let's all be
That's not how it works.

I can't ask it, I can't control it, I can't decide when it shows up, etc. Yet when it does, I know to follow it.

I don't belief in one, omnipotent god. I don't believe in any specific religion either. I don't believe in an afterlife.

I believe that there are higher beings looking over us. We're like rats in a laboratory or fish in a tank. Quite a depressing thought, but it is what I believe.
Zoo Hypothesis maybe?

Reaction score
That's not how it works.

there's no ruling anything like that out, but there's no proving it either : (!!

Girls

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't know what to comment so i'm just gonna put a blueberry muffin recipe.

• 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter,
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2-1/4 cups fresh blueberries
  • 2 tablespoons raw sugar
Enjoy!

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
there's no ruling anything like that out, but there's no proving it either : (!!
You can't definitely prove God doesn't exist and you can't prove that he does. The thing you could say is why would God leave a large amount of evidence on earth supporting evolution and how all species are related in some way. Why would God put things on earth that point to God not being the creator. He not only put evidence against him, he didn't leave a shred of evidence supporting his existence. Why would you ignore all the evidence found my scientists and God with the faith that God exists. You can't prove or disprove the existence or unicorns, does that mean we should believe in them? Why would it be rational to believe in a God?

Reaction score
You can't definitely prove God doesn't exist and you can't prove that he does. The thing you could say is why would God leave a large amount of evidence on earth supporting evolution and how all species are related in some way. Why would God put things on earth that point to God not being the creator. He not only put evidence against him, he didn't leave a shred of evidence supporting his existence. Why would you ignore all the evidence found my scientists and God with the faith that God exists. You can't prove or disprove the existence or unicorns, does that mean we should believe in them? Why would it be rational to believe in a God?
this is true if you only think of god in the traditional sense. i prefer to think of some more abstract higher power who may or may not exist

Last edited:

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
This has honestly turned into a bash christians thread, and I am requesting for it to be locked.
A disagreement to someting is not bashing. We aren't being mean on purpose. We all want to have a debate and bring ideas and evidence on both sides to back up our opinions. If there is blatant disrespect than a mod should delete that comment but there is nothing wrong about having questions for each other. We have been good for 16 pages so there is no need to lock a thread especially when we are being civil about it. I respect other's ideas and opinions. I am bringing up evidence from both sided and asking questions. What is wrong with that? I respect christian people and ideas.
This thread is already heavily monitored by mods as it should. As long as mods keep things under control why should it be locked?

Last edited:

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
TheParrot this thread will continue to stay open as it's just a civil discussion among forumers, these forums were made to express your opinions on here and so as long as the thread is flame-free, there's no point to lock it :)
Can a mod please just monitor this thread. There is no reason to lock it as stated here by a mod earlier in the thread. There is no flame on this thread unless people deliberately come here to start problems. A civil debate does not cause flame, people who want to cause flame, start flame just so it can be locked. Just delete those comments and we can all go on about our day. :)

Reactions: J

J

District 13
Reaction score
Can a mod please just monitor this thread. There is no reason to lock it as stated here by a mod earlier in the thread. There is no flame on this thread unless people deliberately come here to start problems. A civil debate does not cause flame, people who want to cause flame, start flame. Just delete those comments and we can all go on about our day. :)
Yep, I got you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci