• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The God Debate v2

Do you believe in God?

• Yes

Votes: 58 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 60 50.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Also I've done quite a bit of research about this because of my beliefs and Charles Darwin said before he died "If my theory can not be proven within 100 years then it is false" Those are not his exact words but they are along those lines. Because animals have similar bone structures does not automatically mean that they all came from each other. A dog has similar bone structures to humans....but we are not very similar to dogs. I think that there should be more of a basis than fossils and carbon dating that is in fact very inaccurate.
Quote mine l0l

Anyways carbon dating is extremely accurate

SC_Swag

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
LOL
My religion teacher would be going crazy about all this evolution Good.
He actually makes sense of that stuff from a religious standpoint.

MomSaysDressWarm

Survivor
Reaction score
As I was reading this thread I noticed a point that was brought up multiple times. If God can do anything why does he not get rid of disease? If I am correct the world was a perfect place when Adam and Eve were around, no such thing as death, and disease. Our health would be guarenteed but that would all changed when they ate from the tree of knowledge. Since they disobeyed God's only request he created death and disease. (I can be wrong though).
Another point I've seen a lot is that why doesn't God just show himself? If God just flew out of the sky and showed himself would that not ruin the faith part? A huge part of religion is faith. There would be no point in practicing a religion if we all knew that we were going up to the big guy in the sky.
I do believe in God and practicing religion is a great way to clean yourself mentally. A private prayer here and there is a great thing, makes you closer to God and your values and self respect grow. :) Church is a great way to celebrate life and creation together as a group. We may be praying to nothing but we're being thankful for what we have, in church everyone feels like family and I feel really close to God when I go, that's why I go. Religion is a beautiful thing that you should practice even if it's just for 5 minutes a week.

MomSaysDressWarm

Survivor
Reaction score
Slot of people say they don't believe because why would people get murdered etc.
But God has everything figured out. Just you wait.
So yes, I believe in God.
I think people murder eachother because God can not control everyone and no ones perfect, everyone sins. Some sins are just worst than others.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That moment when you realize no one has actually made a legitimate case for god, might as well just go believe in Scientology because it's at the same level of justification as god rn.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
As I was reading this thread I noticed a point that was brought up multiple times. If God can do anything why does he not get rid of disease? If I am correct the world was a perfect place when Adam and Eve were around, no such thing as death, and disease. Our health would be guarenteed but that would all changed when they ate from the tree of knowledge. Since they disobeyed God's only request he created death and disease. (I can be wrong though).
Another point I've seen a lot is that why doesn't God just show himself? If God just flew out of the sky and showed himself would that not ruin the faith part? A huge part of religion is faith. There would be no point in practicing a religion if we all knew that we were going up to the big guy in the sky.
I do believe in God and practicing religion is a great way to clean yourself mentally. A private prayer here and there is a great thing, makes you closer to God and your values and self respect grow. :) Church is a great way to celebrate life and creation together as a group. We may be praying to nothing but we're being thankful for what we have, in church everyone feels like family and I feel really close to God when I go, that's why I go. Religion is a beautiful thing that you should practice even if it's just for 5 minutes a week.
I will responde to all your points in order.
So God put the tree there and they ate from it and therefore there was sin. Didn't God know they were going to eat from the tree if he put it there. God knew what was going to happen. God could have easily not put the tree there. God put the tree there so they can eat from is so he can have a random justification for his evil. You think it is normal for someone to create evil because someone ate from a tree? I don't see how a rational thinking person could think that is ok. God could have easily created a world without disease and there is nothing you can say that would justify that. Im sorry.

Im not asking God to fly down and show himself. Im wondering why God wouldn't put any evidence of his existence whatsoever on this earth and leave evidence that goes against his existence. If he really wanted people to believe him why doesn't he leave some kind of evidence and leave out stuff like evolution and other things pointing to God not creating everything. He doesn't seem very smart.

Why would believing in God clean yourself mentally? What? Atheists are perfectly happy and mentally stable without God. Why would anyone need to believe in a God other than giving yourself false hope. Anyone could live a happy full life without Religion and God and there is no reason why anyone would need to have religion. Have you seen that bad stuff in the bible. The parts where God told others to rape and kill people for no reason? It seems like Christians ignore that part and only focus on the jolly good stuff. You don't need God or Religion to be a good person or happy in life. Religion is not a beautiful thing and no one should ever practice it. It has don't a countless amount of horrible things and has done absolutely nothing good for this world. Tell me why you should ever want to believe in God.
Please tell me what about religion I'm missing.

MomSaysDressWarm

Survivor
Reaction score
I will responde to all your points in order.
So God put the tree there and they ate from it and therefore there was sin. Didn't God know they were going to eat from the tree if he put it there. God knew what was going to happen. God could have easily not put the tree there. God put the tree there so they can eat from is so he can have a random justification for his evil. You think it is normal for someone to create evil because someone ate from a tree? I don't see how a rational thinking person could think that is ok. God could have easily created a world without disease and there is nothing you can say that would justify that. Im sorry.

Im not asking God to fly down and show himself. Im wondering why God wouldn't put any evidence of his existence whatsoever on this earth and leave evidence that goes against his existence. If he really wanted people to believe him why doesn't he leave some kind of evidence and leave out stuff like evolution and other things pointing to God not creating everything. He doesn't seem very smart.

Why would believing in God clean yourself mentally? What? Atheists are perfectly happy and mentally stable without God. Why would anyone need to believe in a God other than giving yourself false hope. Anyone could live a happy full life without Religion and God and there is no reason why anyone would need to have religion. Have you seen that bad stuff in the bible. The parts where God told others to rape and kill people for no reason? It seems like Christians ignore that part and only focus on the jolly good stuff. You don't need God or Religion to be a good person or happy in life. Religion is not a beautiful thing and no one should ever practice it. It has don't a countless amount of horrible things and has done absolutely nothing good for this world. Tell me why you should ever want to believe in God.
Please tell me what about religion I'm missing.
I don't know... Why did God put the tree there? I couldn't tell you since I'm no expert in this. I will counter with this though, wherever he put the tree someone would of found it and ate from it. It may of token 1 day or 1000 years but someone would of found it and ate from it no matter what. Why the tree existed? Most likely to prove that you're loyal to God, that you will not betray him. That's just my theory though, and it makes sense to me.

Maybe God has planted some evidence somewhere, we just haven't found it yet. Perhaps the evidence to God's existence has been found but us as humans are not able to figure it out. What if God does not want us to know of his existence and is looking to see who will be faithful and believe in him.

Praying is a great way of relaxing and to clear your mind off of things. Praying is also a great stress reliever, you should try sometime. True, I'm sure atheists are happy without prayer and God, but praying is a great thing to do and can make you feel great. What false hope? Heaven is real, how do you explain all of the out of body experiences? Heaven is different for everyone, everyone has their own image. Whatever your image of after death is, it's Heaven. The only thing I would not consider Heaven is reincarnation, which I am open to as well. Who wouldn't ignore the bad stuff? Bad is bad, leave it in the pass. In my religion we forgive each other, even though it may be hard at times, we do it. We forgive God for what he has done or in your case the lack of what he has done. You are correct you don't need God or religion to be good or happy but it helps you be a better happier person in my opinion. I disagree with you, religion brings people together and more people should practice it. You should go to church one Sunday, see the effect on people it has. It's a very peaceful time. I believe in God because I want to. I have faith in God and with religion I am a better person than I was without it. Religion has also set values for me and religion has given me many gifts.

Why don't you give religion a chance? It's not for everyone but a prayer here and there is good for anyone.

Last edited:

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
I don't know... Why did God put the tree there? I couldn't tell you since I'm no expert in this. I will counter with this though, wherever he put the tree someone would of found it and ate from it. It may of token 1 day or 1000 years but someone would of found it and ate from it no matter what. Why the tree existed? Most likely to prove that you're loyal to God, that you will not betray him. That's just my theory though, and it makes sense to me.

Maybe God has planted some evidence somewhere, we just haven't found it yet. Perhaps the evidence to God's existence has been found but us as humans are not able to figure it out. Wha
That made absolutely no sense and your answer didn't even answer my questions.
It seems like you just pulled that answer out of your ass with absolutely nothing to support it. Im not even going to bother to debate someone who uses things they make up. If you think what you said actually made any sense, I have no idea what to even say next. What you said had no meaning and did nothing to support your side of the debate. Im sorry but you make no sense and have no actual reason to believe in God and have a Religion.

Edit:
Lets get this straight.
God put a tree down knowing someone would eat from it. Someone ate from the apple tree which caused every single disease and horrible thing that was ever on this planed. If God was real he would be an absolute psycho. This makes no sense and is 100% nonsense.

Lets say hypothetically speaking. We didn't find evidence for God, why would he even put evidence against him? Why is there evidence for evolution and the big bang then?

Last edited:

MomSaysDressWarm

Survivor
Reaction score
That made absolutely no sense and your answer didn't even answer my questions.
It seems like you just pulled that answer out of your ass with absolutely nothing to support it. Im not even going to bother to debate someone who uses things they make up. If you think what you said actually made any sense, I have no idea what to even say next. What you said had no meaning and did nothing to support your side of the debate. Im sorry but you make no sense and have no actual reason to believe in God and have a Religion.
My keyboard stopped working half way through before I can finish, I edited it if you would like to read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci