• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The God Debate v2

Do you believe in God?

• Yes

Votes: 58 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 60 50.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xX_CraftyCrafter03_Xx

Experienced
Reaction score
I respect your belief and what you have to say. My question to you is, why do you believe in religion or God if you clearly see there is no evidence or compelling argument in a debate like this. Why can't religious people admit they are wrong and not hold on to their belief.
You only believe in the Christian God because your parents told you to. If you were born in india you would believe in the hindu Gods. You only believe in what you do because of your parents. If you were told about evolution and science by your parents when you were young, you would most likely be an atheist. Why do you hold on to faith when a countless amount of things prove it wrong time and time again.
I respect you and I don't think any less of you, Im just curious on why you even think this is real.
I'm curious why you don't.

xX_CraftyCrafter03_Xx

Experienced
Reaction score
1. You assert that you know something that no one has been able to prove
2. You then go on to say that you know for sure (something no one has ever been able to do) that there is an afterlife
3. There is no soul unless you can prove it
4. Tell me, how are you supposed to make a claim without evidence?
5. Your assertion that out of body experiences have to do with the afterlife is fundamentally erroneous because OoBEs have nothing to do with the afterlife
6. Also there's a reason why personal stories are considered the least viable in the court of law
Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there. You can't see your brain, does that mean it's not there? No. Now I know your gonna come at me with its scientifically proven that you have a brain but we have tons of bibles that say it's true. What's the difference? We both have tons of books that say different things, but you only need to listen to you, and what you believe.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there. You can't see your brain, does that mean it's not there? No. Now I know your gonna come at me with its scientifically proven that you have a brain but we have tons of bibles that say it's true. What's the difference? We both have tons of books that say different things, but you only need to listen to you, and what you believe.
I believe we have a brain because science has shown us. However putting the bible on par with scientists and scientific research is a major error. The bible should easily be the least crediable source that exists.

The Alien Argument (showing how rediculous your first claim was)
1. There may or may not be an alien race that is on earth and is invisible.
2. From that you would conclude that there must be an alien race just because your mind concocts the idea that you KNOW that you are being watched, even though you're not.

Now see how crazy that ad hoc argument sounds? Well that's the same argument you're using.

xX_CraftyCrafter03_Xx

Experienced
Reaction score
I believe we have a brain because science has shown us. However putting the bible on par with scientists and scientific research is a major error. The bible should easily be the least crediable source that exists.

The Alien Argument (showing how rediculous your first claim was)
1. There may or may not be an alien race that is on earth and is invisible.
2. From that you would conclude that there must be an alien race just because your mind concocts the idea that you KNOW that you are being watched, even though you're not.

Now see how crazy that ad hoc argument sounds? Well that's the same argument you're using.
I don't know why you are fighting so hard to understand other people beliefs. It's what we want to believe, let us believe it. You might not agree with it, but it's okay. Don't try to suck people into a 'godless hole' because it's not gonna work.
So to conclude this disagreement, I believe in God because when I have bad days, that the one person that I can look to. He is my hero, my life. Like duckluv321 said earlier, he gave us something called choice. The freedom to to anything we want. He lets us not be controlled. He gave us the freedom to believe. And I'm pretty sure he didn't want us to fight about it.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't know why you are fighting so hard to understand other people beliefs. It's what we want to believe, let us believe it. You might not agree with it, but it's okay. Don't try to suck people into a 'godless hole' because it's not gonna work.
So to conclude this disagreement, I believe in God because when I have bad days, that the one person that I can look to. He is my hero, my life. Like duckluv321 said earlier, he gave us something called choice. The freedom to to anything we want. He lets us not be controlled. He gave us the freedom to believe. And I'm pretty sure he didn't want us to fight about it.
I under your beliefs very well, and I also understand that they are rediculous in many levels. Okay it's fine if you look to God on a bad day, but you have to realize that it probably doesn't exist.

I'm not trying to suck people into a godless hole, I'm trying to show them that it is utterly rediculous that 9/10 people believe in a sky fairy.

I'm pissed off and care so much because I care about humanity as a whole. Just watch this for a bit and hopefully you'll understand.

xX_CraftyCrafter03_Xx

Experienced
Reaction score
I under your beliefs very well, and I also understand that they are rediculous in many levels. Okay it's fine if you look to God on a bad day, but you have to realize that it probably doesn't exist.

I'm not trying to suck people into a godless hole, I'm trying to show them that it is utterly rediculous that 9/10 people believe in a sky fairy.

I'm pissed off and care so much because I care about humanity as a whole. Just watch this for a bit and hopefully you'll understand.
See, why do we have to realize? If we want to believe it we can! There is nothing wrong with what we believe. I'm never going to realize it's probably not true, because it's who I believe in. And it's not ridiculous. I'm am surprised you would even say something that we believe in is ridiculous.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
See, why do we have to realize? If we want to believe it we can! There is nothing wrong with what we believe. I'm never going to realize it's probably not true, because it's who I believe in.
Ok that's fine if you believe, but there is actually not a shred of evidence so maybe you should consider that your beliefs may be wrong? Maybe you could admit that you have no justification for your proposition instead of asserting that you're right just because of an abject say-so.

The problem is that if you provide an atheist with one infallible proof of God, he will start believing immediately.
However if you provide buttloads of evidence against God no religious person will change their beliefs.

ThatTyle

Platinum
Reaction score
So, I've been over-looking the posts on this thread for a while. I would like to mainly start of with the fact that, yes, I do believe in the Bible and I do believe in God. Although some people may disagree, I can defiantly see why you can, as I've debated myself rather believing in God is correct or not, and as we've seen, our Christian society is most defiantly a manipulating bunch, as we all even have indifferent beliefs in our own church. Some people are huge bigots, while others are very open-minded and loving. I've seen this on my own, and I've struggled to even keep my own beliefs solid because I was always hated for being a gay Christian.

However, I don't believe in most of the biblical stories that are told in the Bible, rather Jesus walking on water, a woman was made by a part of a mans rib taken out (wtf), and a bunch of kids being mauled by a bear for calling Elisha a "bald-head". (REALLY...)

Along with most statements in Leviticus (the book of the "law") which disallow rights for women to speak in church, don't allow jewelry, and many other dumb laws that no one ever follows, if we were to allow Christianity to overtake government, we would probably have to change our country's name from the United States of America to Westburo Baptist Church.

As well, I think some of my points will come as really well if we just take a moment to watch this video under here.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
I'm curious why you don't.
There is absolutely no evidence for God. I use to believe in God because my parents told me to, now I don't. My life without God has been exactly the same, if anything my life is better than before. I am free from the thread of hell and I don't need to worship some invisible man to be happy. Believing in God does nothing to your life. If you all of a sudden threw away your religion I guarantee you wouldn't feel worse. Tell me why should I believe in something that has not a single shred of evidence. Tell me why you believe in something without a single shred of evidence. If you were to show me one single piece evidence that undisputedly helped with the existence of God, I would believe in him instantly.
Is it too much for me to ask for some form of real evidence in order for me to believe in a magic man in the sky.

I know the brain exists because I can see the brain. You can't see, hear, or feel God. That is the most absurd thing Ive ever heard anyone say. There are many things wrong with that you believe. Your own bible promotes rape and killing and hates homosexuals. Your whole belief has not evidence. If you can't see anything wrong with what you believe than you are clearly blind.

Nothing has ever proven the bible to be true. NOTHING! The only thing that says the bible is true is the bible itself. Im not going to base my while life on something that isnt true and has absolutely nothing. If your parents were hindu, you would be too. What you believe in is rediculous. Nothing you can do or say that would prove otherwise. Why do you defend this belief that you cant even prove. Do you think that every other religion is false? The bible isnt true and God isnt real. You cant even back up your own belief.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci