• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The God Debate v2

Do you believe in God?

• Yes

Votes: 58 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 60 50.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Are you a christian? Do you think the big bang theory and evolution is true? Im just wondering.
That's where things get tricky

I'm Roman Catholic, so yes, I'm Christian.

I'm certain humans talked about in the bible were definitely not the same as us, size, color, etc., so I do believe that us as humans have evolved as a species.

Do I believe in common ancestors? I can entertain those thoughts. I won't shut everything else out because I think it is possible. But I definitely wouldn't say I believe in it.

I'm at those teenage years where I'm still discovering myself as a person, so I think making my own conclusions and decisions right now about the world and our past wouldn't be wise.

I know you have shut out Christianity, I know because you wouldn't have left it if you didn't still believe in it. So I know the point of this thread was to get your "inner anger" of being taught something your whole life out, but this isn't the place, or the time. You said you would be swayed if someone said something that would sway you, but that would be obvious, and I want you to be honest here, you came in with your opinions, and knew you wouldn't second guess them coming out.

All in all, me telling you to talk to a priest was half a joke, but also, a real idea. Don't go to the same church, don't go to a small church. Go to one of the biggest Roman catholic churches in your state and ask a pastor these things. It's literally his job to help teens understand both ends better.

This thread needs to be locked, just because it may offend others who may not understand everything being said here. It isn't something to be discussed here.

-Nate

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
There is no such thing at the theory of God and creation.
What? Of course there is. All the hundreds of religions in the world can be described as theories. Of course their validity can be questioned, as such the validity of other theories (like the Big Bang) can be questioned too.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
That's where things get tricky

I'm Roman Catholic, so yes, I'm Christian.

I'm certain humans talked about in the bible were definitely not the same as us, size, color, etc., so I do believe that us as humans have evolved as a species.

Do I believe in common ancestors? I can entertain those thoughts. I won't shut everything else out because I think it is possible. But I definitely wouldn't say I believe in it.

I'm at those teenage years where I'm still discovering myself as a person, so I think making my own conclusions and decisions right now about the world and our past wouldn't be wise.

I know you have shut out Christianity, I know because you wouldn't have left it if you didn't still believe in it. So I know the point of this thread was to get your "inner anger" of being taught something your whole life out, but this isn't the place, or the time. You said you would be swayed if someone said something that would sway you, but that would be obvious, and I want you to be honest here, you came in with your opinions, and knew you wouldn't second guess them coming out.

All in all, me telling you to talk to a priest was half a joke, but also, a real idea. Don't go to the same church, don't go to a small church. Go to one of the biggest Roman catholic churches in your state and ask a pastor these things. It's literally his job to help teens understand both ends better.

This thread needs to be locked, just because it may offend others who may not understand everything being said here. It isn't something to be discussed here.

-Nate
I respect what you have to say. This thread doesn't need to be locked. We can just stay civil.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
What? Of course there is. All the hundreds of religions in the world can be described as theories. Of course their validity can be questioned, as such the validity of other theories (like the Big Bang) can be questioned too.
In order for a concept or idea to go from "hypothesis" to a "theory", it has to be tested a LOT. These include finding major evidence, trying to prove the hypothesis wrong (and failing to do so), finding the logic behind why the hypothesis makes sense (or acts the way it does), repeating any tests and/or results to verify it, etc. etc. Since nothing can be absolutely proven, a theory is generally as high as you go in scientific data (it's right up there with Laws). It's a common misconception to think that a theory is nothing more then someone guessing (like how people say "Oh I have this theory that..."). You have to remember that Gravity is a theory too, and these things generally have a massive amount of evidence backing them up.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Not gonna post on this thread anymore. No point in posting. Thanks for the nice talk on teamspeak boboy1999 and I hope whatever is said in this thread stays in this thread.

peace yall

Zado

Platinum
Reaction score
I talked about jesus and god with my dad like an hour ago. lol sh!t went deep.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The reason atheists are so mad is because we don't want to go back to the Stone Age. Just think about for a second, if you have a bunch of scientifically illiterate people running around your country isn't gonna go anywhere.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ok so by popular vote the world picks evolution so it must be right! That's because we know everthing!
Lmao. The world thinks evolution is correct because it's the best theory we have now. We know for sure that your ideas certainly did not happen. The amount of evidence showing an old earth is ridiculous.

Azorces

Career
Reaction score
Lmao. The world thinks evolution is correct because it's the best theory we have now. We know for sure that your ideas certainly did not happen. The amount of evidence showing an old earth is ridiculous.
how did my ideas certainly not happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci