• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The God Debate v2

Do you believe in God?

• Yes

Votes: 58 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 60 50.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrified

Career
Reaction score
Nothing has an order. Everything is actually disorder at the most fundamental scale. Nothing is predictable.

Please provide some proofs of your proposition, thanks.
A) I feel like that is a poorly written statement. I can predict that someone who has a harness and appears to about to zipline will probably zipline. I can also predict that they will make it to the other side with the harness's safety.

B) You said it yourself. You think that everything that we conceive we come up with in our own mind. It's the basic fundamentals to atheism. It's that I am here and we are here but there is no one up there.

Patrified

Career
Reaction score
Oh and lol. If you actually think that's a valid reason of why god let's evil things happen, check out this video.
Also I don't think the term evil or good is an accurate term because if you think about it how can you have a good without an evil and the good and evil must come from something/someone. So really there is no such thing as good and evil from a true atheistic standpoint.

Also not trying to cause flame just expressing opinion.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
A) I feel like that is a poorly written statement. I can predict that someone who has a harness and appears to about to zipline will probably zipline. I can also predict that they will make it to the other side with the harness's safety.

B) You said it yourself. You think that everything that we conceive we come up with in our own mind. It's the basic fundamentals to atheism. It's that I am here and we are here but there is no one up there.
A) Yes but you can't know for sure.

Patrified

Career
Reaction score
A) Yes but you can't know for sure.
A) Exactly that's the entire purpose of predicting it is that from experience and from common use of tools and item I can infer that the person will probably zipline across the wire.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Also I don't think the term evil or good is an accurate term because if you think about it how can you have a good without an evil and the good and evil must come from something/someone. So really there is no such thing as good and evil from a true atheistic standpoint.

Also not trying to cause flame just expressing opinion.
There is no objective measure for right and wrong

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
A) Exactly that's the entire purpose of predicting it is that from experience and from common use of tools and item I can infer that the person will probably zipline across the wire.
Yes but it's incredibly random at the most fundamental scale.
Let's ask, what is that person made of?

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The person's body is made of cells and tissues and on the smallest scale, molecules.
That last statement is erroneous but nonetheless.
Your body on the zipline->Organs->Tissues->Cells->Molecules->Atoms->Subatomic Particles->Quarks/Gluons->Hypothetical Strings

Are you familar with Quantum Mechanics? Because it basically explains how nothing has order at the most fundamental scale.

Patrified

Career
Reaction score
That last statement is erroneous but nonetheless.
Your body on the zipline->Organs->Tissues->Cells->Molecules->Atoms->Subatomic Particles->Quarks/Gluons->Hypothetical Strings

Are you familar with Quantum Mechanics? Because it basically explains how nothing has order at the most fundamental scale.
Yes I know what Quantum Mechanics are. I'm not speaking in terms of hypothetical strings because that is in many ways random. I'm saying that we as humans are predictable in our actions.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yes I know what Quantum Mechanics are. I'm not speaking in terms of hypothetical strings because that is in many ways random. I'm saying that we as humans are predictable in our actions.
Yes on the scale of humans it seems predictable but it's not the case for the lowest level of reality.
Anyways, you don't need God for order.

TheRealAussie

District 13
Reaction score
And 28 pages later, this is what it has come to:

The atheists asking the theists for evidence

and the theists telling the atheists that it is just their beliefs and that they don't have a solid piece of evidence to prove God exists

That's the problem with debating about God: nobody can 100% prove that he does or does not exist.

Omar

District 13
Reaction score
Everyone has different beliefs in which or what god(s) they follow. I am actually a Muslim. I'm not the what you can call 'Religious' but I still do believe in god. I get a lot of hate for being Muslim, like being called a terrorist, and getting thrown remarks like 'ALLAHU AKBAR' as soon as people see me, most of it comes from the clan community. I really don't give that attention, but sometimes it just pisses me off to the point where it just gets really frustrating. Shame that MCGamer can't ban people over filtered words of racism, and can't ban people over Skype related things with MCGamer. But overall I respect all religions and beliefs all around the world as much as I respect my religion. I also hope that people would do the same and stop being racist towards me and saying things like 'Kebab' 'Allahu Akbar' and so much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci