• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Importance of Recording

nrob19

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I want to discus with all of you the importance on recording when you are playing on our server. As an admin, I get many messages about people being falsely banned. It is hard for me to make a decision whether or not to believe it especially without evidence.

If everybody records while playing, and they get banned by our anti-cheat system but weren't hacking you would now have evidence to prove it. It is difficult for anyone to make a decision without clear evidence and the best way to prove your ban dispute is by having evidence of being unfairly banned.

Another bonus to recording while playing is that you can catch people who are hacking. If we have everyone recording hackers will be much more hesitant to hacking knowing that everyone is recording. There are many free video recording programs you can use such as Fraps, XSplit and ShadowPlay. These are three programs that many of our own mods use.

When I get a message saying, "I was just running and jumping in MCSG and suddenly I was banned for hacking," there isn't much I can do, but if you were recording and showed me that's what happened, I would have no problem unbanning you.

Thanks Everyone! Happy recording!

-Nrob19

Last edited:

Braden

District 13
Reaction score

Good luck living that down. Anyways, it may seem like a burden to some to record while you play and it will drop your frames, but if your computer can handle it, I would suggest recording so that you have proof if you were to get banned and so that we can improve the anti-cheat. Nice thread, Nick!

ThaLichBD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I agree with you my friend:) people only go and say I were not hacking unban me please!
but we cant do that because theres any evidence that proves that they were not hacking.

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
If you have the right graphics card I would definitely recommend ShadowPlay, it can be left on and then you can save the last 5 minutes of recording, so it doesn't use up your storage and doesn't affect your fps C:

Last edited:

nickk

Career
Reaction score
the onlyproblem is with the people who get really low frames while recording so they cant record and play. Also this would take up a lot of space on your computer.

edit: i used to get low frames while i recorded and heres how i fixed it, make sure you arent locked at a low frame rate in your recording software.Lower the resolution of your screen, and if you play in full screen lower the resolution of full screen mode.

Last edited:

Tyler

Platinum
Reaction score
We are playing the server to enjoy it, not to spend our time recording because some anti-cheat might ban us falsely. I don't want to play with my frames locked at 120, neither would the guys with crappy pc's that load 20 fps. Hopefully devs can push some fast updates to this plugin that can be 100% effective or close to it.

EDIT: to add on I still see hackers running around but then when a person is falling while grabbing a chest and hits the entity above their head after they get out of the chest they get banned.

Last edited:

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I want to discus with all of you the importance on recording when you are playing on our server. As an admin, I get many messages about people being falsely banned. It is hard for me to make a decision whether or not to believe it especially without evidence.

If everybody records while playing, and they get banned by our anti-cheat system but weren't hacking you would now have evidence to prove it. It is difficult for anyone to make a decision without clear evidence and the best way to prove your ban dispute is by having evidence of being unfairly banned.

Another bonus to recording while playing is that you can catch people who are hacking. If we have everyone recording hackers will be much more hesitant to hacking knowing that everyone is recording. There are many free video recording programs you can use such as Fraps, XSplit and ShadowPlay. These are three programs that many of our on mods use.

When I get a message saying, "I was just running and jumping in MCSG and suddenly I was banned for hacking," there isn't much I can do, but if you were recording and showed me that's what happened, I would have no problem unbanning you.

Thanks Everyone! Happy recording!

-Nrob19
This thread is honestly very helpful to those players who actually were hacking but say the anti cheat false banned, now everyone knows the most accurate procedure of getting unbanned if it was indeed "false."

nickk

Career
Reaction score
We are playing the server to enjoy it, not to spend our time recording because some anti-cheat might ban us falsely. I don't want to play with my frames locked at 120, neither would the guys with crappy pc's that load 20 fps. Hopefully devs can push some fast updates to this plugin that can be 100% effective or close to it.
nothings ever gonna be perfect, you can set off any anti cheat really. So no matter what people will be banned unfairly. My reccomendation is to just drop all this recording while playing and take the anticheat down. The anticheat is more defective.
There will be people running around with speed hacks and kill aura and the anti cheat wont ban them. Then if you look out a chest and click real fast it bans you. :/

H

Hunter

If everyone did record, that would ease up a lot of confusion in XAC's banning system, but I can see why most people would decide not to. The main reason users would be reluctant to record is from unstable FPS. In the case you have a nicer computer you wouldn't have that issue, but unfortunately we all can't have a dream computer. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci