• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tier 3 Chest Suggestions - Round 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coleandrew

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello tributes!

We're looking to add Tier 3 chests into MCSG, but we'd rather the community decide what should be in them.
There will likely be 2 tier 3 chests in a standard 24-player map, and 4 tier 3 chests in a 48-player map, just to give a bit of perspective on how things will be distributed.
Once tier 3s are added, the spawn rates in tier 1/2 chests will probably be nerfed a bit.

One thing that will likely be added into tier 3 chests in 1.6 will be a horse spawn egg, but the main purpose of this post is to see what you all, as a community, want in tier 3 chests. The top suggestions will be taken and put into a poll to gather the entire community's opinion.
cool

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
I still think diamond armour should be kept out of it personally speaking... too heavily armoured... Iron's more than enough. Also I wouldn't want too many diamonds in chests. Again, so people don't craft diamond armour. Iron Armour + Diamond sword is pretty powerful alone.
I definitely agree with you. Iron armor is already just about enough to guarantee a win. As well, I think larger amounts of diamonds would be a mistake. I've played rounds where my teammate and I had a collective 14 diamonds. In total, we crafted 2 diamond swords, 1 pair of boots, and a diamond block.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
Can the server customize the durability of a weapon? Maybe a diamond sword but it doesn't have many hits left in it.
I know that is definitely possible in Vanilla minecraft. So I'm sure plugin servers would have no problem.

ColdsGFX

Experienced
Reaction score
OooOOoOoo

-endar perls
-enchunted dimond armer
-enchunted dimond wepons
-splash uf harmin poshuns
-64 staks uf buddar apulls
-64 dimond staks
-infinty bowz
-crepper spuwn egz

und moar!

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
I would really like to see items that are available in the sponsor menu in tier 3 chest. Such as enchant bottles, iron, cake, and some of the rarer items. I know that ender pearls were removed from the game, so those wouldn't be an option.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
OooOOoOoo

-endar perls
-enchunted dimond armer
-enchunted dimond wepons
-splash uf harmin poshuns
-64 staks uf buddar apulls
-64 dimond staks
-infinty bowz
-crepper spuwn egz

und moar!
How about no.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
The problem with
"really op" items
would be some people would just have a route consititing of tier 3's. Also Horses are going to be so mad :D
Well I did remember hearing that they would include a maximum of 1 or 2 per map, so I'm not sure about an entire route consisting of them.

MoneyMakerMike

Spectator
Reaction score
If you put horse eggs in, you have to put in saddles too.

And I also agree with the idea that 2 random tier 2 chests are chosen to be tier 3's, for 1 round, to keep balance. And it probably shouldn't be at spawn.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
Lava buckets would be like overpowered flint and steel.
I agree. Imagine that you were being chased through a corridor. Simply place lava down, and you can camp at the end for the entire game.

xX4estXx

Spectator
Reaction score
Potions of enchanting
Diamond armor???
Enchanted swords/bows??
Pre-made Iron/Diamond swords!?!?!?
Pumpkins to put on your head!!! (just for lolz)
Spawn Wolf... Bones

Just a couple random ideas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci