• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

United States Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
There are none (or very little) deaths directly related to marijuana use. There are no studies that prove marijuana "cures" cancer. It doesn't depend on the person, it has the same effects on virtually anyone.
Allowing drug addiction is not a good way to improve our country.

TheParrot

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think it's awesome. I am Christan as well, but I think it's stupid how people can't accept others for the way the are. Like you said, God loves all people no matter sex/race/sexual orientation, so I just..don't get it.

Christan extremist are just..annoying. My cousins/aunt are ones, so I know my fair share >.< Sorry if I offend anyone, that's just my opinion

**EDIT:
I'm from Texas. Specifically, Houston,Texas. Texas is known for being the redneck state full of Christians who are all about god. Super religious, some even hate gays, which is absolutely terrible. You could imagine how most Texans (Southern especially) feel about this..However, Houston is actually better than that, we even have a gay mayor, which is awesome. I think it's pretty cool how my city is making a step towards equality.
Ayy

Teaches

Diamond
Reaction score
I myself am not gay, but I see this as a huge step forward for America, and I'm very happy for all the LGBTQP (idk the letters, sorry xD) people in America! <.<

Illumiigel

Survivor
Reaction score
There's no solid proof that the effects vary, only studies which contradict each other. Cannabis cannot "cure" cancer. Studies have shown that cannabis can kill cancer cells, but a treatment is not the same as a cure. No studies have conclusively shown that cannabis is dangerous, but observations of cannabis users indicate that it is indeed safe.

In a world where alcohol and tobacco are legal (which I also have no problem with), why isn't marijuana, when the former are much more dangerous?

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
There's no solid proof that the effects vary, only studies which contradict each other. Cannabis cannot "cure" cancer. Studies have shown that cannabis can kill cancer cells, but a treatment is not the same as a cure. No studies have conclusively shown that cannabis is dangerous, but observations of cannabis users indicate that it is indeed safe.

In a world where alcohol and tobacco are legal (which I also have no problem with), why isn't marijuana, when the former are much more dangerous?
Observations don't dictate scientific approval

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Are you honestly this stupid? A study is an observation. Everything you've used to argue has been based upon observations.
No a study is a detailed investigation and analysis of a subject or situation whilst an observation is the act of observing something and then coming to the conclusion based on your 5 senses only.

Yes studies are based on observations but studies have waaayy more depth to them.

Let me give you an example

The Double Slit Experiment
Observation: Light is observed to the human eye as a beam that instantly travels from place to place and comes in a variety of different kinds.

Study/Experiment: Light is made out of smaller particles called Photons and it behaves like a wave and particle at the same time (wave-particle duality). Light also has a speed limit (186,000 miles per second) but simple human observation would suggest otherwise.

Absolutely none of this could be known by simple human observation.
Link to paper: http://physics.mq.edu.au/~jcresser/Phys201/LectureNotes/TwoSlitExpt.pdf

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Two words: Confirmation Bias.
I'm sorry that isn't confirmation bias...
Yes there are a few studies that are out there that show that it has positive affects, but every positive affect is countered by a negative one. It can cause very bad damage or be a positive drug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci