• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

United States Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm sorry that isn't confirmation bias...
Yes there are a few studies that are out there that show that it has positive affects, but every positive affect is countered by a negative one. It can cause very bad damage or be a positive drug.
Guys this is about gay stuff so unless this pot is gay its offtopic

Illumiigel

Survivor
Reaction score
No a study is a detailed investigation and analysis of a subject or situation whilst an observation is the act of observing something and then coming to the conclusion based on your 5 senses only.

Yes studies are based on observations but studies have waaayy more depth to them.

Let me give you an example

The Double Slit Experiment
Observation: Light is observed to the human eye as a beam that instantly travels from place to place and comes in a variety of different kinds.

Study/Experiment: Light is made out of smaller particles called Photons and it behaves like a wave and particle at the same time (wave-particle duality). Light also has a speed limit (186,000 miles per second) but simple human observation would suggest otherwise.

Absolutely none of this could be known by simple human observation.
Link to paper: http://physics.mq.edu.au/~jcresser/Phys201/LectureNotes/TwoSlitExpt.pdf
Observations are the basis of studies; studies cannot exist without them as there would be nothing to investigate upon.

I'm sorry that isn't confirmation bias...
Yes there are a few studies that are out there that show that it has positive affects, but every positive affect is countered by a negative one. It can cause very bad damage or be a positive drug.
Are you really that ignorant? Of course it's confirmation bias. If you search for "Dangers of Marijuana", you're going to get articles telling you it's dangerous. The "affect" thing you keep talking about is nothing more than studies contradicting each other.

You're also breaking the rules by doubleposting.

Girls

Platinum
Reaction score
As long as a decision doesn't conflict greatly with religious beliefs, I think problems in the US or anywhere for that matter should just be viewed as whether its humane or not, whether it is morally right or wrong. Now I know this might not make sense, since religion is a big part on what people think is right or wrong, but its what I think

seamusdean

Experienced
Reaction score
As you stated Ceroria, the bible states that god accepts everyone. I believe the law will stay, and I 100% support it.

Lemonz87

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Stupid republicans think religion should have a part in politics. Lmao these are the ppl that support Fox News. All ppl are created equal #dailyshow #comedycentral.

Good step for our country, I'm happy =]
Just to clarify, not all people who identify as "Republican" share this belief. Myself being one of these people.

I have always been a huge supporter of gay rights and equality and I had a smile on my face all day when the U.S. Finally came to their senses and passed a law that was long overdue. (In my opinion)

Also, I do not believe in a god or greater being and I do not say this to be offensive in any way. people are most certainly entitled to their own opinions; it just highly frustrates me when I am classified as being a "stupid" republican who "praises" Fox News, and "thinks" religion should be Included in politics.

I prefer CNN, it offers a unique perspective, and I am not religious even 1%

Rick Astley

Career
Reaction score
As already stated, this is a big step forward for the US. I really respect what they're doing over there and it's great to see less of this "gay hate" going on. Homosexuality is something you can't change, but sadly some people can't accept this. I've got to hand it to those who made the "Coming Out" threads because it takes o much courage and bravery. Ceroria thanks for giving me a run down of this and yes I will apply for Mod in October ;)

Banterologist_

Experienced
Reaction score
Extremely recently, the United States Supreme Court ruled that states were no longer able to ban same-sex marriage. For many, this was counted as a supreme victory, and it's undeniable that the United States just moved one massive step closer to total equality. There are celebrations all over the country right now, but it seems as if not everyone is riding a unicorn spewing rainbows out of their butts. There are many Christian movements stating that their ruling is unconstitutional and that this is against the teachings and ways of God, etc. As a Christian myself, I find it funny how those people are missing the point. It is clearly stated in the Bible that God accepts everybody, no matter race, nationality, sex, sexual oriantation, etc. and these people hellbent on representing a movement they created based on personal opinion, not factual representation.

So here it is. America is legally equal in almost every way possible!

What happens next?

Well, let's just hope that history doesn't repeat itself as in the Civil Rights Movement where states opposed to Gay Marriage find ridiculous ways to prevent same-sex couples from marrying (similar to how Jim Crow Laws prevented colored people from voting in the '60s). I'm feeling positive about this, because if anything, this nation seems to have learned, at least a little bit, from its mistakes.

Where do you stand?

Without being outright disrespectful, comment how you believe this law will play out, and your positions on it. To all moderators, we do not delete opinions, we delete flame. If people are attacking one another, then it is rule for deletion however if one is stating their opinon your are not allowed to delete the post just because you disagree with their position.

Let's aim to make this a respectful and intellectual discussion without attacking one another. Be smart, guys.

Post, post, post!
Obvisouly, first there are going to be many more gay relationships which is absolutely fine in my opinion, however to be honest I don't know why they would ban it in the first place.

I'm going to be honest with you know when I say I was arguably against gay marriage a few months back but then realised, there is nothing wrong with a way somebody wants to rule their life.

I ultimately think it's great that America has legalised it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci