• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Vote to Bring Hungry Hills Back!

Should Hungry Hills be Brought Back?

• Total voters

ToeKnee

District 13
Reaction score
And why? People say they hate it but they don't say why! Besides, you don't have to play it. You could easily leave and join another server!
Its so BIG and annoying to get to corn...

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
Its so BIG and annoying to get to corn...
So? It's a great PvE experience. In normal Hunger Games, not everything is gonna be easy. In life itself, noot everything is easy. Not everything needs to be easy, either. It's more of a challenge. And big? It's the same size as SG1.You don't have to go to the edges of the map if you don't want to. -_-
On a big map like that there should be 300-400 chests.
How 'bout SG1? It doesn't have that many chests. And who makes these 'guidelines' anyway? Why should there be 300-400 chests, exactly? There are 24 tributes. That's 25 to 33 chests per tribute! It really isn't needed. There are over 240 chests on the map, anyway!

EzSp

Career
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't want it back. I can very much appreciate and respect the work that Olibear put into it, the map looks amazing, best terraforming I have ever seen, some of the structures were brilliant but it just wasn't very good for an SG map. A smaller version of the map would be amazing, I would personally love that, but as it is....

I have to say I wouldn't like it.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
So? It's a great PvE experience. In normal Hunger Games, not everything is gonna be easy. In life itself, noot everything is easy. Not everything needs to be easy, either. It's more of a challenge. And big? It's the same size as SG1.You don't have to go to the edges of the map if you don't want to. -_-

How 'bout SG1? It doesn't have that many chests. And who makes these 'guidelines' anyway? Why should there be 300-400 chests, exactly? There are 24 tributes. That's 25 to 33 chests per tribute! It really isn't needed. There are over 240 chests on the map, anyway!
No-one makes the guidelines, just good maps speak for themselves.

Valley-side has 500. Survival Games 4 has 150 and is very small. Wyveren's Wake has around 300. Survival Games 1? Well, 200-300. Maps have a lot more chests then you realize. And with a big one like Hungry Hills... BAM. Nobodies going to get 25 chests or 33 chests, however, they will make the map far more enjoyable and fun.

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
I think that Hungry Hills should be added back because of the new voting system, I mean, it could work. Nowadays you have 5 randomly selected maps, and if Hungry Hills is played, then it can't be played again for another few games on that server. On top of that, you can see the map being played next to the server on the server list, so if it's Hungry Hills, you could just not join.

Of course, this might be a drag for non-donors that don't like Hungry Hills, because they would have to leave and then find a restarting server all over again. But to debunk, there's now 76 servers, and getting in a game has never been easier.

Crossing my fingers for Hungry Hills. :)

misterzane

Survivor
Reaction score
I think that Hungry Hills should be added back because of the new voting system, I mean, it could work. Nowadays you have 5 randomly selected maps, and if Hungry Hills is played, then it can't be played again for another few games on that server. On top of that, you can see the map being played next to the server on the server list, so if it's Hungry Hills, you could just not join.

Of course, this might be a drag for non-donors that don't like Hungry Hills, because they would have to leave and then find a restarting server all over again. But to debunk, there's now 76 servers, and getting in a game has never been easier.

Crossing my fingers for Hungry Hills. :)
awesome thank you

Ninga

District 13
Reaction score
Every time I see someone says they hate the map their real reason is "I'm to impatient to climb up big mountains and search for people, I need to be getting 3 wins per hour!"

Wickyy

Career
Reaction score
Yesss plz i want it back i luved that map soooooo much :( this map is terrible to play solo but with a friend you can have a blast on this map i had such a fun time with my friends on this map i will never forget

Porkstorm

District 13
Reaction score
This map is amazing, it's too big is ridiculous. I've played more force dm's on sg1 and teweren 1 and 2.
There's no chest? I found 30 on my first game on it.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Every time I see someone says they hate the map their real reason is "I'm to impatient to climb up big mountains and search for people, I need to be getting 3 wins per hour!"
Well I actually don't have much time to play, I'd rather play multiple games than 2.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

SG1 does not have huge hills that take a long time to get over. Even so, SG1 isn't popular anyway, and probably would be removed if it wasn't a Vareide map.
One thing I hate is when people put words in other people's mouths. Maybe people don't have enough time to play an around 35minute game. Maybe they don't enjoy 30minutes with no action.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci